PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

9/13 Practice: Hightower, Amendola absent

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Bad, Bad, Bad news Leroy Brown :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm calling Amendola out at least 4 weeks...it's his 3rd concussion, NFL trying to be hard ass on this schitt for PR....and, most importantly, it greatly weakens the Pats....

Not good, more worried about loosing Hightower than Amendola. Gulp.

Bad, Bad, Bad news Leroy Brown :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm calling Amendola out at least 4 weeks...it's his 3rd concussion, NFL trying to be hard ass on this schitt for PR....and, most importantly, it greatly weakens the Pats....

Concussion protocol is standard. How do you think the NFL is going to subvert it in the case of Patriots players?

Well this team will have it harder if those guys are out. We will see how this team responds.

Concussion protocol is standard. How do you think the NFL is going to subvert it in the case of Patriots players?
You are right, they won't. The very last thing the NFL wants to do is to tell the independent neurologists what their medical diagnosis ought to be, and then for such directives to be exposed. It would make no sense for the NFL to do that. Believing they would is paranoia.

We all know how dirty the NFL's hands are in minimizing CTE and ignoring or fudging data in the past.

The point was not that they have always been squeaky clean, but that everyone is watching their every move now, for good reason, and thus it would be stupid for them to pull any more stunts at the risk of billions of dollars lost.

How? Because a team doctor and "independent neurological consultant", whom I'm sure is 100% on the up and up with no ties whatsoever, personal or otherwise, to the NY Giants, The Rooneys, or Goodell, must clear the player before he can return to practice...did you see the hit where Amendola was taken out of the game? It seemed very benign to me....

Even though Wednesday is typically an important day because it's installation day, I wouldn't necessarily rule out either because both know their respective systems pretty well, so a simple walk-through of the gameplan would be good enough for them.

Even though Wednesday is typically an important day because it's installation day, I wouldn't necessarily rule out either because both know their respective systems pretty well, so a simple walk-through of the gameplan would be good enough for them.
Maybe, although that's not usually how Belichick plays it. No practice almost always means no play.

I'm a bit surprised that people seriously thought that HT would be back already. Missing Sunday's game would mean that he'd have 17 days to rest since the injury, not to mention the fact that we'd have 3 games in 11 days through weeks 3-5. I'd be shocked if he played.

So looks like it's gonna be Hogan, Cooks, Dorsett, SLATER and no 5th wr for the foreseeable future. No one in that group is a third down security blanket for Brady....I remember one year the Pats were so banged up at receiver they had to sign and activate the corpse of Henry Ellard...I'm afraid this season is headed that way

I don't think the game on Sunday will be a Hightower game. Probably more of the terrible Jordan Richard playing hybrid LB. We will miss Danny though.

How? Because a team doctor and "independent neurological consultant", whom I'm sure is 100% on the up and up with no ties whatsoever, personal or otherwise, to the NY Giants, The Rooneys, or Goodell, must clear the player before he can return to practice...did you see the hit where Amendola was taken out of the game? It seemed very benign to me....

Here are the steps of the NFL's concussion protocol

So, to repeat:

So looks like it's gonna be Hogan, Cooks, Dorsett, SLATER and no 5th wr for the foreseeable future. No one in that group is a third down security blanket for Brady....I remember one year the Pats were so banged up at receiver they had to sign and activate the corpse of Henry Ellard...I'm afraid this season is headed that way

The Pats have Cody Hollister and DeMarcus Ayers on the PS. One or the other of them could have been practicing with the #1s on offense already, and then be moved up to the 53-man as late as Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I don't think the game on Sunday will be a Hightower game. Probably more of the terrible Jordan Richard playing hybrid LB. We will miss Danny though.

IDK. Geneo Grissom was reportedly working out with the safeties before practice today. Are the Pats about to unleash a new "Garganutan Nickel" package on the league?

IDK. Geneo Grissom was reportedly working out with the safeties before practice today. Are the Pats about to unleash a new "Garganutan Nickel" package on the league?

Why not? Wrs ARE getting bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back