PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

9/13 Practice: Hightower, Amendola absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looks like it's gonna be Hogan, Cooks, Dorsett, SLATER and no 5th wr for the foreseeable future. No one in that group is a third down security blanket for Brady....I remember one year the Pats were so banged up at receiver they had to sign and activate the corpse of Henry Ellard...I'm afraid this season is headed that way

What about Gronk? TE I know.

What about Gronk? TE I know.

I am not sure about Gronk. Doesn't secure the ball for a TD and not seen after that in KC game.

I am not sure about Gronk. Doesn't secure the ball for a TD and not seen after that in KC game.

He's fine. He was held all night long (Doc Flynn on CSNNE even said as much tonight) so we shall see if that's a point of emphasis. It's was blatant at times.

No calls.

Can't be any worse than the WR lineup for 2013 haha.
Actually, that will depend on your personal perspective as to which WR positions can be considered to be more important to the team. For instance, Julian Edelman still played in all 16 regular season games and ended up catching 105 balls. Danny Amendola played in 12 regular season games and caught 54 balls.

The weak parts of the WR corps were Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins, so our vertical game (not that there was really one post-2010 Moss) was weakened, but the Tom Brady security blankets and quick timing routes were most definitely still there.

I actually hope they don't rush 'Dola and Hightower back. We need them to last the entire rest of the season and playoffs.

Concussion protocol is standard. How do you think the NFL is going to subvert it in the case of Patriots players?

It looks like the team runs the after-the-game-is-over concussion protocol except that the "independent" neurologist has to sign off on the player before he can play in games.

So if Amendola isn't practicing, that's because the team has decided he's not at a stage where he can practice yet. Any "fix" wouldn't come into play until the final step -- when the "independent" neurologist has to clear the player to return to games.

I, for one, don't trust the "independent" neurologists. Nothing that the NFL's hand touches can be assumed to be clean, fair, unrigged, or on the up-and-up.

It looks like the team runs the after-the-game-is-over concussion protocol except that the "independent" neurologist has to sign off on the player before he can play in games.

So if Amendola isn't practicing, that's because the team has decided he's not at a stage where he can practice yet. Any "fix" wouldn't come into play until the final step -- when the "independent" neurologist has to clear the player to return to games.

I, for one, don't trust the "independent" neurologists. Nothing that the NFL's hand touches can be assumed to be clean, fair, unrigged, or on the up-and-up.

The Patriots "independent" neurologist is a neurosurgeon from Mass. General.

The Patriots "independent" neurologist is a neurosurgeon from Mass. General.
And? MGH doctors aren't magic paragons of virtue. The doctor was assigned to NE by the NFL.

And? MGH doctors aren't magic paragons of virtue. The doctor was assigned to NE by the NFL.

The NFL has done it in conjunction with the NFLPA. The Patriots have not had an issue with this prior to this season, and there's been not even the slightest hint that there's an issue with it in regards to Amendola. Other than simple paranoia, what is the logic in claiming that this will suddenly become an issue here?

Actually, that will depend on your personal perspective as to which WR positions can be considered to be more important to the team. For instance, Julian Edelman still played in all 16 regular season games and ended up catching 105 balls. Danny Amendola played in 12 regular season games and caught 54 balls.

The weak parts of the WR corps were Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins, so our vertical game (not that there was really one post-2010 Moss) was weakened, but the Tom Brady security blankets and quick timing routes were most definitely still there.

Except Amendola had Literally zero yards on that day, and Edelman was really quiet.. in fact he may have left w an injury.

If you recall, Brady's security blanket late in that game was Austin Collie.

See SB 49

Apples to orange.

Seattle played a lot of zone coverage, meaning Thomas and Chancellor (who is not nearly as talented in coverage as Berry is) were not matched up man-to-man with Gronk terribly often.

When they did play man coverage, Gronk often drew a LB or Chancellor, who again is not as capable in coverage as Berry.

Except Amendola had Literally zero yards on that day, and Edelman was really quiet.. in fact he may have left w an injury.

If you recall, Brady's security blanket late in that game was Austin Collie.
I didn't realize that anyone has specified a particular day. I responded to a post about the poor WRs in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes