PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malcolm Brown is a huge disapppintment didnt one Patriot player the other day call him the most under rated player on the roster.
I will eat my hat if he gets a big extention.

I never seen Big Guys get pushed out of the way so easily like Brown and Shelton. I think they will both end up being Street Jags.

Part of me wonders since there is 18 years worth of film on the NEP offense and defense their opponents know every possible trick.

IE- coaches arent fooled anymore.

Either that Josh is auditioning for a HC job (like John De Felippa did in Minnesota and got canned).

Part of me wonders since there is 18 years worth of film on the NEP offense and defense their opponents know every possible trick.

It's the other way around - on more than one occasion Brady and/or Belichick have said "they showed us something we haven't seen before". Seems like teams are devising schemes/plays JUST for the Patriots. They keep these thing under double secret probation and use them for the first time all season when they play the Patriots....it's like the wildcat season all over again...or the fake jet sweep to Tim Dwight/handoff to Tomlinson back in 2002 vs San Diego...

Andy Reid has been coaching offense for 20 years and he is doing better than ever.

Nice safe one year contract not going to miss Mr 6yards pass the QB on every play.:rolleyes:
needless to say i dont think he'll be back next year.

Andy Reid has been coaching offense for 20 years and he is doing better than ever.
So the potential issue is BB/Josh have stopped innovating or their QB has become adverse to new things.

So the potential issue is BB/Josh have stopped innovating or their QB has become adverse to new things.
Or there’s just a talent issue. Same with the defense.

I didn't expect a relatively healthy Offense to be that bad unless the GOAT ain't seeing the field well. Edelman is a Tough SOB but he gets the dropsies sometimes but even with a 60% Gronk we should have put up more than 10 points.

You called me stupid. Because I said gronk was done.

Move on. We all left this in yesterday's news.

No. I didn't call you stupid. That's another lie on your part. Clearly you have reading comprehension issues which is why you are having such a hard time actually participating in the conversations here.

I said "Then leave if you don't like people calling you out on your stupidity".

"Your stupidity" isn't calling you stupid. It's calling what you said stupid. Clearly you don't understand the difference.

@BradyFTW! - Why am I not surpised that you disagree with things but can't be bothered to actually post what you disagree with. Especially factual items like the RZ issues being completely on McDaniels and Brady.

Because your posts are typically dumb and don't warrant a response. If you want to blame every Patriots loss on the refs, then I don't see any point in writing a response to such a dumb claim - just disagree and leave it at that.

Because your posts are typically dumb and don't warrant a response. If you want to blame every Patriots loss on the refs, then I don't see any point in writing a response to such a dumb claim - just disagree and leave it at that.

So, in other words you still are upset over the fact that I called you out when you were posting garbage and you make blatantly false claims about me. Got it. If you're going to lie, the least you can do is try and be better at it..

I don't blame EVERY Patriots loss on the Refs. I DO blame the refs for being BIASED, especially when they outright tell our QB that they are doing so. Or are you saying that Brady is lying? Because it was BRADY who even came out and said that Parry told him that they were calling things tighter on the Patriots.

The defense gave Brady the ball two times....and Brady could still only muster 10 points. The Patriots offense has not been this anemic, especially on the road, in a long time. Let's not kid ourselves - yes, they're much better at home - but the offense is far from 2007 and even 2011, even at home...

not su much to say infortunately...this year on the road we are terrible...i am quite depressed after these two huge losses...

No. I didn't call you stupid. That's another lie on your part. Clearly you have reading comprehension issues which is why you are having such a hard time actually participating in the conversations here.

I said "Then leave if you don't like people calling you out on your stupidity".

"Your stupidity" isn't calling you stupid. It's calling what you said stupid. Clearly you don't understand the difference.

Do you even hear your self.

Or things just aren’t working as well this year. You get one opportunity to call and execute each play. A lot has worked some hasn’t.
It’s not like we are 2-12.

Or things just aren’t working as well this year. You get one opportunity to call and execute each play. A lot has worked some hasn’t.
It’s not like we are 2-12.
There is no consistency.

That’s all nice but all Bill has to do is get a little creative. In retrospect, I think any of us would have given up the Pats 23rd pick and 2nd rounder for a game changer like LVE or Derwin James.

Nope I am not giving up a second round pick to move up 4 or 5 slots.

There is no consistency.
That’s football. Not to bag on you but people act like it’s just simple. Snap your fingers and we destroy everyone and if that doesn’t happen every time it’s
Unacceptable
Stupid
Lazy
Incompetent
Etc etc

Without dropped passes and penalties we probably score 30 points yesterday.
There isn’t an inherent flaw and structural issue in having a game where you kill 4 drives by dropping an easy 3rd down completion and how many more by penalties.

It’s not fun but teams lose games and they lose for reasons
Reading these boards you would think that we are the 0-16 browns and Belichick is rich kotite.

What even more ridiculous is that this dynasty has elevated the standard of expectations to a ridiculous level with their unprecedented success, and we have a bunch of idiot fans who think it’s THEIR standard and the team is letting them down.

That’s football. Not to bag on you but people act like it’s just simple. Snap your fingers and we destroy everyone and if that doesn’t happen every time it’s
Unacceptable
Stupid
Lazy
Incompetent
Etc etc

Without dropped passes and penalties we probably score 30 points yesterday.
There isn’t an inherent flaw and structural issue in having a game where you kill 4 drives by dropping an easy 3rd down completion and how many more by penalties.

It’s not fun but teams lose games and they lose for reasons
Reading these boards you would think that we are the 0-16 browns and Belichick is rich kotite.

What even more ridiculous is that this dynasty has elevated the standard of expectations to a ridiculous level with their unprecedented success, and we have a bunch of idiot fans who think it’s THEIR standard and the team is letting them down.
No its not simple and there are many here who are trying to figure out a handful of root causes which can point to why this team is 3-5 on the road and have not played consistently well. It can be compared to 2002 and 2009 in which the team had down years for a myriad of reasons. Talent, focus, injuries, attitude, bad luck, coaching, age, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back