PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hightower got paid and plays like a nobody.

Our D-linemen after Branch left have been total garbage.

Sure we only gave up 17 points, but my god, that was painful to watch.

Branch didn't leave. The Pats jettisoned him because his play went to crap.
And no, the D-line hasn't been total garbage. It just hasn't been up to what we expect. There is a difference.

Gronk should retire because he hasn't even shown A. Interest in even being out there and B. Any resemblance of either him self or a NFL tight end

However, I disagree on jules, brady and bill. They haven't been so transparent that it's obvious they need to go.

But gronk clearly doesnt want to play.

Yet, the last pass to Gronk where he fought for extra yardage seems to contradict you.. But that's not surprising considering the other blathering you've posted.

I want to hear the people who disagreed /laughed at you give their excuses as to why Parry told Brady that they were calling the game tighter when it was clear that the tighter was ONLY for the Patriots and not the Steelers.

- Fictitious DPI on Jones
- Fictitious holding call on Malcolm Brown
- Fictitious holding call on Shaq Mason
- the Bogus illegal man downfield call on Van Noy
- the lack of holding calls on Pitt O-line and on Antonio Brown despite them doing the same thing Trent Brown did.
- the lack of DPI/Illegal Contact in the End Zone on Pitt despite them treating the Pats WRs like bumper cars.

I refuse to go down this road.

That's completely on McDaniels and Brady, imho. With Gronk, Edelman, White, Gordon, Patterson, Allen, and Hogan, there is no shortage of weapons. And yet, there seems to be no imagination with the plays. And so opposing teams clamp down on Gronk and we go nowhere.

I hear again and again that X player was open and Brady did not see him.

It all goes back to Bill’s refusal or inability to draft top quality defense in the first round. Leyton Van der Esche was selected 4 picks ahead of Wynn. Why can’t Bill trade up?

You answered your own question. LVE most probably was not evaluated any higher than Wynn and then getting a LT and not having to pay a second/third round pick to move up obviously takes precedent over a LB.

There is a future where they nailed the 2018 draft. Wynn has a good chance of becoming a lifetime Patriots, Bentley looked very promising before the muscle tear, Michel has had a good rookie season and will only get stronger and more physical. JCJ looks like a potential starter as CB.

Of course all of that can also go the other way. But the potential for it to be one of the best drafts in a long time is there.

Yet, the last pass to Gronk where he fought for extra yardage seems to contradict you.. But that's not surprising considering the other blathering you've posted.

You done? Rest of us moved on.

I think bill did a good job building a stronger run game to support brady in anticipation of this, but failed on the defensive end last couple years. Clayborn and shelton were misses, especially shelton at areas of need. Rivers still cant make the game day roster and wise hasnt made the leap. Missed on ealy. With a good draft and a stronger d line to compliment the secondary, we could have a strong contender next year. Brady looks comparable to his 2001-2004 self who can thrive with a stronger team around him.

How is Clayborn a miss? Because he hasn't put up the sack totals you want? He was the team leader in QB Pressures until a couple weeks ago.

You do realize that Rivers is still recovering from his ACL surgery, right? It still takes 18 months to be fully healthy. I'm not surprised that he's behind Flowers, Wise, Clayborn, and Simon.

Wise has made some incremental improvements. He still needs to work on setting the edge, but he's made some improvements.

How is Clayborn a miss? Because he hasn't put up the sack totals you want? He was the team leader in QB Pressures until a couple weeks ago.

You do realize that Rivers is still recovering from his ACL surgery, right? It still takes 18 months to be fully healthy. I'm not surprised that he's behind Flowers, Wise, Clayborn, and Simon.

Wise has made some incremental improvements. He still needs to work on setting the edge, but he's made some improvements.

Clayborn has been terrible setting the edge and he consistently lets QBs scramble out of the pocket for huge runs. He may get occasional pressure, but he is undisciplined and has made a ton of mistakes.

Rivers should be seeing substantial snaps by now. He was a third round pick who had surgery at least 12 months ago...Many athletes come back in 12 months.

We’ve seen players come back from an ACL faster than Rivers has...I’m not buying that as an excuse.

As far as Wise is concerned, the Steelers were running right at him and Brown for big gains. That may be more on Brown though...

@BradyFTW! - Why am I not surpised that you disagree with things but can't be bothered to actually post what you disagree with. Especially factual items like the RZ issues being completely on McDaniels and Brady.

We’ve seen players come back from an ACL faster than Rivers has...I’m not buying that as an excuse.

As far as Wise is concerned, the Steelers were running right at him and Brown for big gains. That may be more on Brown though...

Rivers was playing substantial snaps in preseason. That was 3 months ago.

We’vr seen players come back from an ACL faster than Rivers has...I’m not buying that as an excuse.

Maybe if you understood that every player is different and that NONE of them were 100% after 12 months. Not even Welker and not Edelman. And Rivers is bigger and heavier than those two.

It's not an excuse. It's fact. Something that people like yourself seem to conflate on a regular basis.

Honestly, how much is HFA worth this year? I can easily see a WC team putting together a run and winning the SB just as much as a top seed. I would like the bye, but we can easily lose at home in the divisional rounds as we could easily win the SB from the WC spot.

Clayborn has been terrible setting the edge and he consistently lets QBs scramble out of the pocket for huge runs. He may get occasional pressure, but he is undisciplined and has made a ton of mistakes.

Rivers should be seeing substantial snaps by now. He was a third round pick who had surgery at least 12 months ago...Many athletes come back in 12 months.
When Clayborn got those sacks against Dallas I laughed and said some idiot will pay him.
Im not laughing anymore.

When Clayborn got those sacks against Dallas I laughed and said some idiot will pay him.
Im not laughing anymore.
Its a low risk deal. Its basically a 1yr $5.5m deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back