PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
One and done in playoffs. If Ravens get the #6 seed, I can see us losing again like we did in 2009/2019 when Ray Rice ran all over us and Brady threw a couple of boneheaded interceptions.
Blame goes all around. Coaches, offense, defense etc. It's mind boggling that our offense is so inconsistent. Defense really did a good job of limiting them to 14 pts on the road and offense sucked big time. Two games we should have had - MIA and PIT. We don't deserve a SB this year. There are definitely better teams out there.

With the exception of Titans (who have a better defense for sure) and Dolphins, every other AFC team is capable of beating us at home. Even if Houston loses one more and we somehow secure #2 seed, I doubt we can do much in playoffs. Chargers, Ravens, Colts (now improved) and Steelers can all beat us.

We might as well play the numbers game in the run game & stack the box. If Gilmore/Jackson get beat, atleast we’ll lose at the strength of the defense.
Agree.

Unlike years past the NEP have two CBs which can play bump and run.

Stuff the box and lets see what happens. It can't get any worse.

The Patriots are now giving up 5 YPC - the team’s worst since ‘73 and by far the worst in the Belichick era. The 2011 defense was bad, but at least they could stop the run. This version can’t.

Im as optimistic as anyone on this board but we'd be remiss in our analysis if we did not factor in the present state
I'll try to be more explicit: it's not about optimism either, although this team has given us plenty reason to believe they'll win these last two, win the division and host a home playoff game. It's about taking each game one at a time (like the team itself preaches) and enjoying it for what we can without expectations. We're so spoiled by huge success we're in the habit of looking ahead and anticipating New England in the AFCCG, etc. and I think that's the wrong way to view it from a fan's standpoint. It's obvious this team doesn't have "it" compared to previous years so if we're going to enjoy at all whatever is left of this season it's prudent to temper expectations. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

I will say the secondary played well and Jackson, in particular, had a very good game. But this team is going nowhere with that run D.

It all goes back to Bill’s refusal or inability to draft top quality defense in the first round. Leyton Van der Esche was selected 4 picks ahead of Wynn. Why can’t Bill trade up?

I'll try to be more explicit: it's not about optimism either, although this team has given us plenty reason to believe they'll win these last two, win the division and host a home playoff game. It's about taking each game one at a time (like the team itself preaches) and enjoying it for what we can without expectations. We're so spoiled by huge success we're in the habit of looking ahead and anticipating New England in the AFCCG, etc. and I think that's the wrong way to view it from a fan's standpoint. It's obvious this team doesn't have "it" compared to previous years so if we're going to enjoy at all whatever is left of this season it's prudent to temper expectations. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised.
Tune- I respect your outlook but with the exceptions of violence, constant knee-jerk gloom and doom and negativity there is no wrong way to root for a team. If fans want to 'take it as it comes' every week, great. If they have expectations of their team going to the World Series in February, and aggrevated when they are 19 1/2 out in September then thats ok too. If a team has been on top for 18 years but is now playing poorly and there is concern they'll fall short that is ok too.

Last edited:
Who’s our Bob Sanders?
We don't have one. Thats the problem.

When Sanders was in the lineup the Dolts allowed 18ppg. Without they allowed 22.7.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
One and done in playoffs. If Ravens get the #6 seed, I can see us losing again like we did in 2009/2019 when Ray Rice ran all over us and Brady threw a couple of boneheaded interceptions.
Blame goes all around. Coaches, offense, defense etc. It's mind boggling that our offense is so inconsistent. Defense really did a good job of limiting them to 14 pts on the road....

The defense was horrendous yesterday. If that was the Chiefs or Saints it would be a lot more than 14....

Last edited:
Some of you are super annoying. They lost on the road to a team who was desperate for a win. Last week was a bad loss, but they could have won today despite Pitt being at Heinz and desperate. A bye is still possible, but to say Brady is done because his WRs cant get open or OL sucks is foul. Screw that....
Yep, the fan base is spoiled rotten. The majority of fan bases every year know their team is already out of the playoffs by now or are praying that somehow their team can find a way to make them.......they'd feel like they'd died and gone to heaven if they were in the Pats position right now. Yeah, it's not what we're used to and the end is gonna be sooner rather than later. If you whiners aren't happy with what we have now, then you sure as shyt aren't aren't gonna like what's coming next. What we've had will never be repeated...but never mind that, everybody sucks, get rid of then all. Okay great. So now what so we do???

Like the analogy. No Bob Sanders player coming back though...
Nope. No one remotely close.

Sanders would still be an elite player in todays game. Played the run, could cover.

He comes back after barely playing only 4 games in 06 and the Dolts allow 100yds less per game in the playoffs and whole yard less per carry.

Last edited:
Some of you are super annoying. They lost on the road to a team who was desperate for a win. Last week was a bad loss, but they could have won today despite Pitt being at Heinz and desperate. A bye is still possible, but to say Brady is done because his WRs cant get open or OL sucks is foul. Screw that....

It’s not that they lost (I predicted they would) it’s the way they did. Brady wasn’t very good but that happens sometimes and I’m sure he’ll be better next Sunday. But there really nothing good to say about s team that quite honestly looked intimidated playing in front of the Pit crowd and giving up 7 and a half yards per rush to a third string running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST