PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
02CB7F67-1028-4CFB-AE24-8896BEC7A9E8.jpeg

662DFCF7-6CDB-4C27-AE90-C76EE607A19A.jpeg B68FDD08-852E-4C79-89D7-B91EC2E80F02.jpeg 706DD50D-A5F1-4A79-A1CE-0E1B87FEDDBF.jpeg
Brady has proven his toughness over and over during his career but this sequence is the most egregious (and embarrassing) example of the current reality…self-preservation seems to be a top priority for him this year. It is simultaneously frustrating and sad to witness. Can’t blame him if this is due to a desire enter retirement with all of his faculties and free of post-concussion symptoms but it is hurting the offense for sure this year.

I never seen Big Guys get pushed out of the way so easily like Brown and Shelton. I think they will both end up being Street Jags.

Well, don't forget Keith Traylor (though he was great during his hay day in Denver), and of course, gulp, Albert Haynesworth (when they were with us).
I remember Traylor getting completely blocked around in a 360 one time, on a running play. :/

No its not simple and there are many here who are trying to figure out a handful of root causes which can point to why this team is 3-5 on the road and have not played consistently well. It can be compared to 2002 and 2009 in which the team had down years for a myriad of reasons. Talent, focus, injuries, attitude, bad luck, coaching, age, etc.
It’s all bs. It’s just a way (not saying you) for people to whine. Who gives a crap why they lost 5 games?
If the stupid td in Miami didn’t happen and we made 2 plays out of dozens that were 99% executed and flubbed, we are 11-3 the 1 seed and won 10 of 11.
The OMG I have to analyze **** I know nothing about ( people are actually posting things like “they lack emotion”) so I can proclaim what is wrong is a waste of time.

They are in a position to go into the playoffs and make a SB run. Let’s just let it play out.

View attachment 21935

View attachment 21931 View attachment 21932 View attachment 21933
Brady has proven his toughness over and over during his career but this sequence is the most egregious (and embarrassing) example of the current reality…self-preservation seems to be a top priority for him this year. It is simultaneously frustrating and sad to witness. Can’t blame him if this is due to a desire enter retirement with all of his faculties and free of post-concussion symptoms but it is hurting the offense for sure this year.
You are a moron. There is no one near him. His follow through caused him to fall to the left. Have you ever watched a baseball pitcher?

It’s all bs. It’s just a way (not saying you) for people to whine. Who gives a crap why they lost 5 games?
If the stupid td in Miami didn’t happen and we made 2 plays out of dozens that were 99% executed and flubbed, we are 11-3 the 1 seed and won 10 of 11.
The OMG I have to analyze **** I know nothing about ( people are actually posting things like “they lack emotion”) so I can proclaim what is wrong is a waste of time.

They are in a position to go into the playoffs and make a SB run. Let’s just let it play out.
So you aren't concerned about the run D or inconsistent red zone offense?

His follow through caused him to fall to the left. Have you ever watched a baseball pitcher?

On this video of his 40 longest TD throws I don't notice any follow through at all like that. His mechanics were off on that throw. Not sure why.

Last edited:
So you aren't concerned about the run D or inconsistent red zone offense?
I want them to win. I’m concerned about everything.
Those are 2 areas that have not been good lately. Having a board wide cry fest over it doesn’t solve anything.

While I hate this defense they played well enough yesterday to warrant a win, offense crapped the bed.

On this video of his 40 longest TD throws I don't notice any follow through at all like that. His mechanics were off on that throw. Not sure why.

Deep passes and drill into coverage passes are different throws but if you saw a guy trip would you go back and watch him walk other times to analyze his walking mechanics?
One thing is certain. He didn’t sacrifice the throw and fall down because he is afraid to get hit.

Chad O'Shea needs to step it up ...........
Lots of things to nitpick - well that's how it is in sports anyways.
But my big takeaway is that the precision passing offense we have seen for many
years seems to be off kilter ... hopefully they can still get it down in the next few weeks.

View attachment 21935

View attachment 21931 View attachment 21932 View attachment 21933

Charles Woodson says too many hits are catching up to Brady. He’s not fearless like he once was.

Google “Brady seeing ghosts”. The first article I saw was from ...... 2013.

Chad O'Shea needs to step it up ...........
Lots of things to nitpick - well that's how it is in sports anyways.
But my big takeaway is that the precision passing offense we have seen for many
years seems to be off kilter ... hopefully they can still get it down in the next few weeks.
But really if they held on to the easy catches that were dropped he ends up something like 30/36 for well over 300 yards.
I don’t think there is this inherent flaw, I think they just keep shooting themaelves in the foot. Yesterday was penalties and drops.
Other games have been stuffed on 3rd and short. At the beginning of the year it was injuries and new guys getting implemented.

They just havent gelled but everythung is there for it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back