PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: How much $ to have not had Brady/BB or any SB wins?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How much $$ to have not had Brady/BB or any SB wins?

• 2 Million Dollars

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • $500K (selling cheap)

• $75K (times are rough)

• No Amount is enough

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Or... I did not make one high enough but you have a price

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a selfish person so I’ll take the money over wins any day if it helps feed and shelter everyone I love:

This post is the best summary of the majority of thread responses.

We should keep this in mind the next time a player taking more money from a poor franchise vs. taking a "home town discount."

And I'm actually fine with the characterization of taking the money as a "selfish" thing, in that I'm simply putting one pleasure (caring for the people I love) over another (Pat's championships).

I'd do it for a cool million or more. $1M would put my future kid through college and allow me to retire earlier. I love the Patriots, but I love an easier life more.

In the original scenario are we aware we are giving up 5 SBs, etc? If we are unaware its a no brainer take the money and run.

NFW not even billions

The alternate universe question would be how much money if BB stayed with the Jets, drafted TB and all the Patriots success was that of the Jets.

Tom-Brady-to-the-Jets.jpg

The thing about pro sports is that, as great as championships are, the novelty wears off pretty quick. Winning the Super Bowl is great, but after a few days it's just business as usual. It's not like my quality of life greatly increases over the next six months. Before long, it's just focusing on the next season, looking into the draft, offseason acquisitions, etc...

Having a storied franchise history is cool, but then I look at 49ers fans resting on their laurels from 20+ years ago and it's kind of sad/depressing. I guess what I'm saying is that sports are the ultimate form of "what have you done for me lately?".

Sports are just a form of entertainment. I can handle losing, provided a game is entertaining. My "settlement amount" would be pretty low. Now if the question was, "how much money would it take for you to live in a world without organized sports", the amount would be a lot higher.
The success of the team has often been stressful I must admit. Living year after year, season to season, week to week, etc.
I have got to the point where the Pats winning AFC title and Super Bowls as well, has become more about "other team fan joy prevention" than anything else. That is why I always want them to get to the SB even if they lose the dam game, because by making the SB we denied fan joy to some AFC teams.. The Pats are officially on "other team Dynasty Prevention Duty" for me. More Lombardis nice too.

The alternate universe question would be how much money if BB stayed with the Jets, drafted TB and all the Patriots success was that of the Jets.

Tom-Brady-to-the-Jets.jpg
10 Million

"75K" in the lead.. interesting

The question in the hypothetical is a little easier to answer without the actual bag of money in front of you or the actual threat of having your SB memories wiped.

Game five of the 2001 season was basically my first Patriots/NFL game and that intriguing season made me a first time fan of both the Patriots and the sport itself. Wipe away the super bowl and I guess I go on life not caring who the Pats were. I'm a bandwagoner of the 16 year sort.

Had to take the $500K. $75K is like just a nice car or a year and half of rent. But, again, put the bad of money in front of me and who knows....

2 million is a pretty easy decision. 75k is a bit too low to sell off some incredible memories and it wouldn't make a big difference to help with my retirement fund. 500k is right there in the middle and the bare minimum so I'll go with that.

This topic reminds me of an idea that I had after losing Super Bowl 42. Betting some money against the Patriots so that way if they lose the loss won't sting as bad. Of course the win wouldn't be as sweet though.

I feel like I just flipped my childhood-friend-now-my-agent for Scott Boras, and I was at SB36. Show me the money.

I guess we all lose the right to ***** when players take the money and sign with a crappy team.

My first reaction was 10million. But I think if the proposition were right there in front of me, I'd do it for [a lot] less. The way I look at it is that the Pats being great are a nice diversion and escape. Something to watch happen. But if I didn't have the necessary evil of a soul sucking job to go to every day, I'd be doing more important, interesting, and fun things and going to places where football just isn't a thing. these would be things that directly effect my life. So yeah I'd be happy to take the deal for $2 million I think. $5million for sure.

Enough money to establish a whole new football league (while destroying the NFL with that same money) and naming its championship game "Superball" + bringing BB/TFB to my newly established franchise the Boston Sparetires.

You said no superbowls for BB/TFB, not anything else :cool:

Oh and a couple of mills on the side.

After Defamegate, I'd pay a non-zero sum to be able to go back in time and never have been a fan in the first place. What a waste of time/money/energy the whole thing turned out to be.

I'm already very affluent

and the Pats run of success has given me much joy in life

so I agree with PWP......no amount for me would be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back