PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many #1 picks would you trade BB for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Number of 1st round draft picks for BB

Votes: 2 2.3%

Votes: 8 9.1%

Votes: 5 5.7%

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Ray lewis killed a guy

Votes: 65 73.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted 5 cuz that’s as high as your poll goes, not so much because 5 is enough, just that there is a number. I agree with almost all of what farn said above, Brady is the undeniable GOAT but he is still just one player and can only affect so much. Bill has his influence on players 1-53 and IMO does not get enough credit for the incredible job he does year in and year out. I bet Bill could get any franchise to the playoffs in 2....ok in Cleveland’s case maybe 3 years and establish a baseline for long term competitiveness. So yeah that’s worth ALOT, at least 5 #1’s.

In this specific case, I honestly & truly feel that “Ray Lewis killed a guy” was the most appropriate answer, so that’s what I voted for.

In this specific case, I honestly & truly feel that “Ray Lewis killed a guy” was the most appropriate answer, so that’s what I voted for.
Absolutely. None of the others applied.

Bill the GM would probably trade Bill the coach for a 4th, amirite?

My fantasy is that Bill (the Coach) will decide to retire and trade himself to the Jets for 2 First Round picks.

Then retire the next day.

On a napkin.

Last edited:
57441a92e535beefb7be1c84628a9648ce93ea7942b286870b86e8e62e57968f.jpg

Depends how long he is here and what kind of pick. #1 overall or #25? It's a huge difference.

Also this is a D that really only works with BB. He built a D that is meant to work around good coaching with very smart and coachable players. If you suddenly lose the coach the D may fall off a cliff. That isn't to say the D lacks good athletes but certainly he doesn't go for the most talented players like a lot of other guys do.

More than draft picks you would need young impact players or you would go backwards for the last of Brady's years.

If I traded BB for picks I would use the picks to get players cause most first round picks won't have the instant impact needed and suddenly you lose a key year.

Coaches aren't like players, no binding contract. So you can't really trade him for picks. He would have to WANT TO GO; and then is compensation offered by other club/extracted by league; not truly trade. and if you are handicapping a franchise for three+ years, I don't see what a guy in late 60s would see positive about such an opportunity. He would really have to have burned a Kraft bridge to want to go.

Bye week thread, ok, but a bit of a silly thought experiment IMO.

It would cost so much that it would undermine his ability to be successful there for half a decade.

5 #1s, 5#2s, minimum.

All 32 of them!!! And it would still be a coin flip decision for me. Name 1 other human being on this plannet who could of gotten us where we are today (Brady is exluded from this conversation).

EDIT: Yes I would also want our own pick thrown in for good luck!

Exercise in futility, function of bye week boredom...

IMO BB will be here forever even after he leaves the sideline, in some advisory capacity to Mr. Kraft... he will forever be associated with this team.

Are we to answer the question as if we are Bob Kraft, or as if we are another team (e.g., Browns)?

If it's on the Patriots side, you don't trade BB for anything. The Browns and Lions have had a treasure trove of early first round picks over the years and it gets them nothing. BB could build the roster out of UDFA rookies and outperform them.

I wouldn’t take 10 first round picks for Belichick. In fact there is no price I would accept,

Everyone's got a price!

I agree tho, it would take some absolutely insane deal outside the realm of reality for me to consider it... like a team's 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 10-15 years or something, and maybe throw in one of their best players

As he gets a little older, maybe that comes down a bit but he could still function in some major role in the organization for another 10 years easy, like RW said with similarities to Coughlin

After watching the complete lack of relationship between #1 picks and winning, you may as well ask how many grapefruit would I trade him for. Look at the Pats roster. How many #1 picks are playing significant roles, vs. lower picks and udfa's?

#1 picks are fool's gold.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're fools gold or hold no value.. #1 picks can net you 10+ year franchise players, but they can also bust and fall flat on their face..

You can still find franchise players in later rounds, the odds are just lower (although not that much lower!)

BB is a Demi-God, I'm convinced of it.

If I picked up the phone and someone asked me, "How many draft picks would it take to get Belichick from you in a trade?" My answer would be "The rest of them", and then I would hang up.

None. First round picks are overrated, as the guy you're trying to trade them for has shown.

Ray Lewis killed a guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore