PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many #1 picks would you trade BB for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Number of 1st round draft picks for BB

Votes: 2 2.3%

Votes: 8 9.1%

Votes: 5 5.7%

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Ray lewis killed a guy

Votes: 65 73.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nabwong

Vice President of Boycott NFL Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It’s the bye week. I’m bored.

So picking up where the “trade Brady instead of Jimmy” threads left off. BB is 65. How many more years is he realistically going to coach for?

Imagine a team like Arizona and their owner just went mad and is willing to offer any amount of #1 draft picks in exchange for BB. Then Patricia takes over. How many picks it is going to take to do that deal?

Personally, I would not do that deal just like I wouldn’t do the Brady deal. But I’m curious what you all think.

EDIT: I misread the OP. I thought I was the ****ty franchise and wanted BB.

I'll play. Waiting for Celts/CLE to start.

Two first rounders to start. I might go to 3 if I was CLE.

It would be a Tuna-type experience. 3-5 years that changes the direction of the franchise.

I think the key is to keep BB on as President to oversee football ops (see Coughlin)

EDIT: I misread the OP. I thought I was the ****ty franchise and wanted BB.

I'll play. Waiting for Celts/CLE to start.

Two first rounders to start. I might go to 3 if I was CLE.

It would be a Tuna-type experience. 3-5 years that changes the direction of the franchise.

I think the key is to keep BB on as President to oversee football ops (see Coughlin)
I'd offer two just to test the waters, if Kraft doesn't hang up laughing louder then he did at the inquiry about Brady I'd offer more. Maybe as many as five. Or however many rings BB has by then.

If I'm evaluating the deal for the Pats I'm still laughing at five as I hang up the phone.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
I'd offer two just to test the waters, if Kraft doesn't hang up laughing louder then he did at the inquiry about Brady I'd offer more. Maybe as many as five. Or however many rings BB has by then.

If I'm evaluating the deal for the Pats I'm still laughing at five as I hang up the phone.
Bill really is worth an incalculable amount of picks.

The minute he takes a dump in the building he raises the franchise valuation $300m.

It was a given I’d chose Ray. Having said that’s : “it depends”. If BB is leaving soon and Caserio is in charge with one of the coordinators in charge - I’d take any first round pick.

IF we are talking “several more years of BB” or “BB during his NE career”, there is no pick or amount of picks that I would say is worth it. I’m in the minority here, but I am all BB over Brady. Love me some Brady. GOAT. But, I think the disparity between BB and the other great coaches is more significant. He is the architect. He is the guy. Easily my fav Patriot of all time.

Last edited:
It’s was a given I’d chose Ray. Having said that’s : “it depends”. If BB is leaving soon and Caserio is I need charge with one of the coordinators in charge - I’d take any first round pick.

IF we are talking “several more years of BB” or “BB during his NE career”, there is no pick or amount of picks that I should worth it. I’m in the minority here, but I am all BB over Brady. Love me some Brady. GOAT. But, I think the disparity between BB and the other great coaches is more significant. He is the architect. He is the guy. Easily my fav Patriot of all time.
Any fan with 1/2 a brain picks BB over GOAT.

He's worth a high cost. The biggest benefit of BB is the fact he's like Parcells and brings immediate credibility with players and would turn any franchise around thanks to what he brings as a coach, along with the fact he'd surround himself with some terrific people. But the biggest thing is, he'd build a foundation that would set the team up for success for a long, long time - long after he's gone. I agree, he'd definitely be worth it - as we've seen :D

Last edited:
already did this...gave up 1 #1 in '00 and it's worked out fine thanks

When Belichick was introduced as head coach to the media—the day after his hiring was publicized—he turned it into a surprise-resignation announcement. Before taking the podium, he scrawled a resignation note on a sheet of loose leaf paper that read, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ." He then delivered a half-hour speech explaining his resignation to the assembled press corps, all of whom had to be awakened when he finally finished, and none of whom expressed regret that he was leaving.

Soon after this bizarre turn of events, he was introduced as the Patriots' 12th full-time head coach, succeeding the recently fired Pete Carroll. The Patriots had tried to hire him away from Parcells/the Jets in the past. Parcells and the Jets claimed that Belichick was still under contract to the Jets, and demanded compensation from the Patriots. In the least surprising decision in league history, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue agreed, and the Patriots gave the Jets a first-round draft pick in 2000 in exchange for the right to hire Belichick.

It’s the bye week. I’m bored.

So picking up where the “trade Brady instead of Jimmy” threads left off. BB is 65. How many more years is he realistically going to coach for?

Imagine a team like Arizona and their owner just went mad and is willing to offer any amount of #1 draft picks in exchange for BB. Then Patricia takes over. How many picks it is going to take to do that deal?

Personally, I would not do that deal just like I wouldn’t do the Brady deal. But I’m curious what you all think.
Well Carson Palmer was the #1 overall pick and was paid $173,000,000 to win 1 playoff game.

So how much of that is the greatest winner of all time worth?

After watching the complete lack of relationship between #1 picks and winning, you may as well ask how many grapefruit would I trade him for. Look at the Pats roster. How many #1 picks are playing significant roles, vs. lower picks and udfa's?

#1 picks are fool's gold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back