PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many #1 picks would you trade BB for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Number of 1st round draft picks for BB

Votes: 2 2.3%

Votes: 8 9.1%

Votes: 5 5.7%

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Ray lewis killed a guy

Votes: 65 73.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
However many years Belichick intends to coach for, it would take that many first round picks as a bare minimum starting point. Which is in all likelihood an astronomical and unreasonable price, and I don't care because that's the point. It would take the godfather-est of godfather offers to even consider.

However many years Belichick intends to coach for, it would take that many first round picks as a bare minimum starting point. Which is in all likelihood an astronomical and unreasonable price, and I don't care because that's the point. It would take the godfather-est of godfather offers to even consider.

So you’re saying starting point is 1 #1 pick for every year he wants to coach. That’s not a bad way to think about it. I wonder if any team would offer that.

So you’re saying starting point is 1 #1 pick for every year he wants to coach. That’s not a bad way to think about it. I wonder if any team would offer that.

Almost certainly not, it would have to be a team that's stockpiled a bunch of #1s to even consider it, and even then I don't think they would. And even if they did offer it, I doubt I'd take it - that's just a starting point.

I have this fantasy of Bill Belichick being placed in a situation where he had already retired, and was asked to assemble an expansion team, see what he could do with it. As improbable as that is, it's still literally the only way I could see Bill leaving New England

I am one of Belichick's greatest fans, but even I would appreciate the poetic/humorous irony of trading him sooner rather than later. :)

But I still wouldn't.

We have already given up essentially 10 first rounders for BB. 1 to the Jete at the beginning. Two the league stole out of jealousy. 7 times in the SB getting the 31 or 32 which is essentially second round. So lets start at 11. And Ray Lewis killed two guys.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're fools gold or hold no value.. #1 picks can net you 10+ year franchise players, but they can also bust and fall flat on their face..

You can still find franchise players in later rounds, the odds are just lower (although not that much lower!)

I hear you about the franchise player. The problem is the % of them that fail, which creates long term problems with cap management and roster management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes