PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats hospital news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no you aren't the only one. She is absolutely grating, any good intention doctor wouldn't be on twitter diagnosing stuff or giving their takes. She wants to be a celebrity doctor but there is no chance of her becoming one in the way guys like James Andrews did so she takes to twitter.

Last week when she mentioned Amendola had a scope before the '16 season and kind of took a dig at the Pats about managing his snaps, it annoyed the **** out of me. Whatever the Pats did last year worked because Amendola was in the SB making big catches. Yet here she is taking a dig at the Pats because Amendola likely missed this week because of a concussion, we have no idea if the knee would have kept him out of practice and the game. I also absolutely hate the idea behind managing snaps to prevent injury because it doesn't take into account that the player could STILL GET INJURED in the "managed snaps".

You just reminded me of a blog post she wrote about Gronk when he got hurt last season. She said a very snide comment about Gronk' s book....I think something to the effect of "If it really is his book".....as if Gronk is a dumb jock who didn't get past the 1st grade who is incapable of recalling his own memories or having a professional writer jot his recollections down. That kind of stuff irritates the hell out of me.

You just reminded me of a blog post she wrote about Gronk when he got hurt last season. She said a very snide comment about Gronk' s book....I think something to the effect of "If it really is his book".....as if Gronk is a dumb jock who didn't get past the 1st grade who is incapable of recalling his own memories or having a professional writer jot his recollections down. That kind of stuff irritates the hell out of me.

Politicians
Celebrities
Athletes

They're all known to use ghost writers.

Politicians
Celebrities
Athletes

They're all known to use ghost writers.
I doubt our Doc the Blonde Wannabe Hot & Brainy Sports Babe was just trying to be objective about it the way you are. It was yet another of her snarky digs.

He didn't and that's why I'm shocked they didn't challenge. His left foot came down on his right foots heel of I remember correctly.

It wasn't a catch.

There was no challenge because the Saints hurried to the line and it took the broadcaster 2-3 angles to see a definitive shot that actually confirmed that his second foot hit his other leg and not the ground. Unless you want to throw out (and likely waste) challenges on gut feeling this is one of those situations that happen once in a while and you gotta live with it

It's not called "hustling". It's called "fake hustle". It's called "tryhard". It has nothing to do with 'gang tackling', which actually requires a player to be tackled.

The reason your high school coach coached you that way, is because you all sucked. It's the same reason the coach drills the little league catcher to go back up first base. The chances the pitcher tries to throw one into the parking lot, or the third baseman dribbles one over to first is much, much more likely at the little league level.

In high school, the stumblebum is more likely to trip on his shoelaces and funble if he's 50 yards ahead of you. That receiver for NO runs a 4.4 or better, there's no one on earth who can make up 30 yards on the guy.

Your expectations are, as I said to the other poster, ridiculous.

No actually we were state champions and routinely blew people out 50-0 so we didn't "suck". Part of the reason we were so good is playing solid fundamental football with everyone coached up to run to the ball. We were never the biggest or the strongest but we practiced 3-4 hours everyday during the week and our coaches made sure every guy on the squad knew their job. Plus the last 30 mins of every practice were sprints and suicide drills. To this day by far the best shape I have ever been in. Effort plays got stickers on your helmet and were celebrated. IMO it's how team defense SHOULD be played.

Add mike to the injury list..

He's totally the guy at the bar who keeps talking to you in a level tone while scratching his head with his middle finger

People are beating on Gronk a bit because Romo painted the injury as a season-ending back re-injury and then proceeded to speak on Gronk’s injury history for a while. In reality this is just a random groin-smashing that has nothing to do with Gronk’s overall durability - it could happen to anyone. Has zero to do with any prior injuries; he’s not “more likely” to suffer a groin injury in that position than the next guy.

Agreed! But back and hip injuries do lead to over compensating that leads to these soft tissue injuries. He has a lot of wear and tear on him - hopefully rehab and proper training can help him prolong his career

No actually we were state champions and routinely blew people out 50-0 so we didn't "suck".
How many NFL players were on your team?

Comparatively, you sucked.

Just was watching CSNNE and they showed a clip from the early evening show of her talking about Brady's book, shook my head and changed the channel... Just so obvious what she wants to be a celebrity quack. Taken time out of her day to go to the studio to talk about Tom Brady's book. The little bit O heard of it she was ****ting on his book saying his method is not scientifically proven. Ya ok.. This is the quack diagnosing injuries based on seeing it on TV.

Gronk left the game because at that point he had 69 career touchdowns, he just wanted that stat on the books for a week... if he stayed in it would have gone to 70.

So that's why he dropped the back shoulder pass in the end zone. God damn it Gronk!:mad:

I'm not sure I care much for this Doc Flynn woman. She seems intent on becoming a media celebrity, appears to believe she's better looking than she really is, and already has stated/written a number of snarky things about the Patriots.

She is a female orthopedic doctor, which makes bee pretty unique. She did a year of fellowship to subspecialize in Pediatric Sports Med. She has a twitter handle and probably a DVR to watch "film" and give us her expert opinion.

Dr. Selene Parekh is another orthopedist with a subspecialty in foot and ankle surgery who is also constantly tweeting about injuries in professional and college athletes. He has a podcast called "Fantasy doctors."

I guess this is a way for Doctors to insert themselves into the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back