PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore returns, BUT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s got the defense down, it’s definitely a good thing. If he doesn’t, we'll start seeing blown coverages again quickly. If that happens, I don’t think he’ll be starting for long. Hopefully it’s a non-factor though.

Kontra I clicked useful on your sentiments which I think is very scary.:eek:

Contract or no contract, I can't see Bill Belichick keeping any player on the field that is confused to the point where blown coverages begin happening left and right again.

Kontra again you answered my concerns right here don't Stephon Gilmore have $40 Mill Gulp! guranteed??

Brown went out with foot injury. High hurt his shoulder. Who knows with him. Rowe is gone for a while with the torn groin. Not sure about DA.
Hopefully, the bye week will cure some of those ails.

Was it HT’s shoulder that supposedly scared some teams off in free agency? Couldn’t care less about missing Rowe, right now. Brown and DA are concerning if out for any length of time.

Kontra again you answered my concerns right here don't Stephon Gilmore have $40 Mill Gulp! guranteed??
That can’t be right, is it? Sounds odd.

Healthy depth is never a bad thing. Even if Bademosi starts the rest of the year, who did we have after him, Butler, and Jones? Perhaps McCourty plays CB, and Harmon is the full time safety with Chung. That's fine for zone, but Gilmore is the best man to man corner on the team. I'm just as frustrated by his penalties and moments of confusion, but it's clear that he's talented and has room to grow in this secondary. So, yes, I think it's fair to criticize the sentiment that we don't want him back.

Gilmore, and the defense as a whole, played well in Tampa. So those issues appear to have been fixed before his absence.

It will be nice having him back.

Probably because they were corrected before his absence, ie Tampa game

Always fascinating to read ridiculously bad takes, so thanks to both of you.

Always fascinating to read ridiculously bad takes, so thanks to both of you.
Equally fascinating to watch facts ignored because they conflict with a narrative, thanks right back at ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Abundantly" in what way?

Take it up with the players themselves.

The issue is that they aren’t on the same page during the game. Cornerbacks Malcolm Butler and Stephon Gilmore joined safeties Devin McCourty and Duron Harmon in pointing to poor communication as the culprit.

“It’s obviously something we need to work a little harder at,” Harmon said in comments distributed by the team. “Obviously what we’re doing is not good enough, so we need to go take a look in the mirror tonight and just look and realize. Are we doing enough to win? Are we doing enough to be good on defense? Are we doing enough to be a sound football team? Today we weren’t, especially on defense.”

Patriots defensive backs say they’ve had communication breakdowns

Duron Harmon 10/16: 'Our communication is at a better level now'

Duron Harmon 10/16: 'Our communication is at a better level now'

No offense to you, and not meant to be directed at you, because you're just the guy who's playing the part of the straw tossed on the camel's back after Andy's asinine post, but I'm tired of having to argue the blatantly obvious around here.

Gilmore: “I gotta get better at the communication part. It’s my fault on the communication." (via @MikeGiardi)

But what the hell does Gilmore know about Gilmore's play, right?

I mean, Winston missing wide open receivers was all about improved communication in the Patriots secondary, and not about Winston making bad throws and reads.

Because homers.

But what the hell does Gilmore know about Gilmore's play, right?

I mean, Winston missing wide open receivers was all about improved communication in the Patriots secondary, and not about Winston making bad throws and reads.

Because homers.

Gilmore says he needs to continue to improve after a phenomenal game from him and the entire defense. This guy really is a true Patriot.

Thanks for reminding me why I'm happy to have him back!

Gilmore will show the haters I'm guessing he contributes to two turnovers this weekend

All of a sudden, holding the #2 ranked offense in the NFL to 14 points on the road is a terrible performance.

There's a wide range of play between "terrible performance" and "phenomenal game". I think your apparent inability to understand and accept that makes further conversation between us on this topic to be useless.

Gonna go out on a limb and say no M Brown, Hightower, or DA sunday... Just the way it's been this year w injuries

While I'm firmly on the side that welcomes the return of Gilmore, and thinks that the defense is improving, @Deus Irae isn't wrong when he says that it's not a binary choice between awful defense and amazing defense. Criticisms are fair, even though I think we're clearly improving.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm mostly happy to have healthy depth. Gilmore can bring a lot to the team if he's purely a matchup, man to man corner. If he can improve his communication and understanding of assignments, too, then it makes the team significantly better.

There's a wide range of play between "terrible performance" and "phenomenal game". I think your apparent inability to understand and accept that makes further conversation between us on this topic to be useless.

Tell me more about how you enjoy pretending that holding the #2 ranked offense to 14 points on the road is no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back