PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats hospital news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for Watson in Denver. Or, what most people forget, Elandon a Roberts chasing Freeman down in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.

No, the true heart players (if they have the speed) will go all out. If then have the heart but not the ability then fine.

Cassius Marsh trying to chase down Kareem Hunt on his long TD and coming within a hand's length of tripping Hunt up from behind (Marsh sped past a couple other Pats defenders who were also running full speed).

The camera only sees the exceptions, though, because it follows the ball. Not every offensive player races downfield trying to throw a block for a teammate who's broken away.

People are beating on Gronk a bit because Romo painted the injury as a season-ending back re-injury and then proceeded to speak on Gronk’s injury history for a while. In reality this is just a random groin-smashing that has nothing to do with Gronk’s overall durability - it could happen to anyone. Has zero to do with any prior injuries; he’s not “more likely” to suffer a groin injury in that position than the next guy.

So Ben Watson should have just gave up in Denver cuz he was 60 yards away and had no shot at getting him? Pure hustle and effort and almost saved a TD. Yes most players quit and slow down when beaten badly but if I was a coach I would show constant film of what never giving up and having a swarm of defenders around the ball does for your team. Good things happen sometimes just by being in the right place at the right time and you never know what might happen if you hustle. You're right no one can go all out every play but that's why you have depth and make conditioning a priority.
100 percent agree

NE should be able to beat Houston even if every person mentioned in this thread misses the game, and Carolina just lost Olsen.

Pats only need to kick a field goal to win it.

People are beating on Gronk a bit because Romo painted the injury as a season-ending back re-injury and then proceeded to speak on Gronk’s injury history for a while. In reality this is just a random groin-smashing that has nothing to do with Gronk’s overall durability - it could happen to anyone. Has zero to do with any prior injuries; he’s not “more likely” to suffer a groin injury in that position than the next guy.

Yeah, I've got a Chiefs fan crowing about how Kelce is the next big thing because Gronk is done for the season. :rolleyes:

Kelce....Jimmy Graham, Greg Olson, Tyler Eifert, etc etc etc

I am thinking I might be more concerned that Gronk's injury is his groin rather than his back. Everyone says that Gronk likes to think with his little Gronk. So this is like a concussion type of injury.

I'm not sure I care much for this Doc Flynn woman. She seems intent on becoming a media celebrity, appears to believe she's better looking than she really is, and already has stated/written a number of snarky things about the Patriots.

I'm so glad you said this because I thought I was the only one who felt like she has some type of arrogance to her writing. When I read her articles/tweets she comes off as she is the ONLY doctor in the world with info about injured guys. I'm sure she's a great Pats fan and all but that is a major turn off.

I agree with you, unfortunately. I posted last season that I had come to grips with the fact that I believe that for the rest of his career Gronk will be playing partial seasons. This morning on his WFAN show Esiason said that every time Gronk is tackled, he fears Gronk won't be getting up. I said the exact same thing yesterday before he got hurt. I really hate feeling that way, but I do.
at this point they should just not play him until week 14 or 15. or he should just take a knee every time he makes a catch.

Yes, because it's every game that a receiver catches the ball and has it slip into his crotch as he as two other guys land on his causing the ball to smash his cup into his penis..

As a hockey goalie who has a much better cup, I can tell you that getting hit there isn't pleasant..
you are dreaming.

The way Gronk plays and how hard he plays it's no surprise he gets injured.. the guy plays at 110% every single play and is bound to get injured.

I'd be happy just to see the bloke line up and not even be targeted, he doesn't need to run a proper route just be there to distract the opposition team can't exactly ignore him.

I'm so glad you said this because I thought I was the only one who felt like she has some type of arrogance to her writing. When I read her articles/tweets she comes off as she is the ONLY doctor in the world with info about injured guys. I'm sure she's a great Pats fan and all but that is a major turn off.
I'll take it all a step further and tell you what I think is going on. Someone (agent, sports media honcho, etc.) comes across this blonde female doctor and sees $$$, figuring they can make her into a media "personality." She thinks she's smart enough and hot enough to pull it off, so her handlers tell her she can't just be professional and friendly but has to cultivate an opinionated "edge" in what she says/writes, a la Gary Tanguay to get sports fans riled up and talking. To me, she's a cynial contrivance of the media industry. I don't know if you saw her (overwritten) article about Guerrero, but she really knocked him unmercifully.

Last edited:

Oh no you aren't the only one. She is absolutely grating, any good intention doctor wouldn't be on twitter diagnosing stuff or giving their takes. She wants to be a celebrity doctor but there is no chance of her becoming one in the way guys like James Andrews did so she takes to twitter.

Last week when she mentioned Amendola had a scope before the '16 season and kind of took a dig at the Pats about managing his snaps, it annoyed the **** out of me. Whatever the Pats did last year worked because Amendola was in the SB making big catches. Yet here she is taking a dig at the Pats because Amendola likely missed this week because of a concussion, we have no idea if the knee would have kept him out of practice and the game. I also absolutely hate the idea behind managing snaps to prevent injury because it doesn't take into account that the player could STILL GET INJURED in the "managed snaps".

I'll take it all a step further and tell you what I think is going on. Someone (agent, sports media honcho, etc.) comes across this blonde female doctor and sees $$$, figuring they can make her into a media "personality." She thinks she's smart enough and hot enough to pull it off, so her handlers tell her she can't just be professional and friendly but has to cultivate an opinionated "edge" in what she says/writes, a la Gary Tanguay to get sports fans riled up and talking. To me, she's a cynial contrivance of the media industry. I don't know if you saw her (overwritten) article about Guerrero, but she really knocked him unmercifully.

That someone is apparently Bedard and his Boston Sports Journal according to her bio. I can see where she got that "edge" from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back