PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp - Tuesday August 2

seth meyers shhhh GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Good hands thank heavens
Shhhhhhh! Hairy might hear you and claim conspiracy theory.

So to summarize:
Yesterday we learned that the offensive line, and particularly Cole Strange, suck.
Today, that O Line, and particularly Cole Strange, won a lot of matchups against key players like God, Guy, and others.
So we now know that the D Line really sucks, because they got outperformed by an O Line that sucks.
No hope whatsoever.

McDaniels ran a very interesting conservative Offense last year due to Mac being a Rookie. I watch some of Agholor's tape and he was open many times deep and not Targeted. It's obvious Mac doesn't have an elite throwing arm but its not a noodle arm either I expect a more aggressive Offense this time around Targeting the entire Field. Agholor is a better WR than Meyers he can consistently threaten the intermediate to deep parts of the Football field. Agholor looked like a world beater with Derek Carr thus the Patriots contract. I want that Agholor below in 2022.:cool:

I want Tyquan Thornton to produce like the Agholor of 2020, and then trade Agholor to save $10M in cap space. Y2 Tyquan is better than Agholor 2020. :)

I want Tyquan Thornton to produce like the Agholor of 2020, and then trade Agholor to save $10M in cap space. Y2 Tyquan is better than Agholor 2020. :)
I want Thornton, Aghaloe and Bourne to each have 1000 yards this season, Henry to have 600 and Smith to have 500, amd Meyers to 700 yards. Then the misc yards from the other recievers. Rham to also rush for 1000 yards. Only then will I be happy

Anyone have memory on Trent Brown last year? I'm trying to remember where his weakness was, because if it's on the standup and position (before contact and holding ground), I have to wonder if him losing weight is going to help him out a lot. Seems like he's quick to get up and he's still a mountain so the lost weight didn't hurt his best impression of a brick wall.

Anyone have memory on Trent Brown last year? I'm trying to remember where his weakness was, because if it's on the standup and position (before contact and holding ground), I have to wonder if him losing weight is going to help him out a lot. Seems like he's quick to get up and he's still a mountain so the lost weight didn't hurt his best impression of a brick wall.

I had the same thought. My guess is that Trent is in much better shape in 2022 because the Pats watched him all offseason. Who knows, Trent's Mom might be a world famous chef :whistle:

Asiasi is having a good camp. Bill has been giving him pointers on the field the past couple days. I think he's on the 53 if he has a good pre-season.

He was on the 53 last year, why wouldn't he be on the 53 this year?

Dallas or Denver or another will want a proven WR at $10M a year on an expiring contract. ;)
I could deffo also see the Raiders if they lose a WR or 2 as well.

I
Asiasi is having a good camp. Bill has been giving him pointers on the field the past couple days. I think he's on the 53 if he has a good pre-season.
It's early.... Many of these guys are what they are and aren't going to make big jumps like uche... It really just shows the weakness of the roster

He was on the 53 last year, why wouldn't he be on the 53 this year?
He hasn't done much at all since he was drafted. Right? But so far it feels different this camp.

He hasn't done much at all since he was drafted. Right? But so far it feels different this camp.

It does not matter. We need a TE3 and maybe a TE4. What Asiasi has done since drafted is immaterial, we have to someone to back up Henry and Smith. It will be Asiasi or another, plus most likely Keene or another. Right now I do not see "or another" walking through that door.

Not a chance. We need TE3 and maybe TE4.
TE3, maybe. TE4, why?

2 TE is also not that far fetched. The Patriots have done it before, even in the Gronk era when the position was heavily used. Teams do it every year.

Rooting for Asiasi. You can never have enough athletic TEs on the roster.
I must repeat, his name is literally Spanish or Italian or something for "so so." Thus far, so-so has been a stretch goal. But sure, okay, maybe now he's got the fear of God in him. Or at least Godchaux.
I want Thornton, Aghaloe and Bourne to each have 1000 yards this season, Henry to have 600 and Smith to have 500, amd Meyers to 700 yards. Then the misc yards from the other recievers. Rham to also rush for 1000 yards. Only then will I be happy
Who gets the TDs? And to stay realistic Mac only has 50 to spread around.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back