PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp - Tuesday August 2

The offense still seems to be struggling on 11 on 11s...I hope this is because our D is just that good.

It's obvious now in case it wasn't before that they're changing the offensive schemes and there's still a lot of work to be done to iron out all the kinks and get it right. Still over a month away from the season so not even close to time to get worried. All good.

The 7v7 succes has to eventually translate to 11v11.

I can't help but start getting giddy about Thornton. He sounds like he's starting to becomes a force

Here's to hoping he'll break the WR draft curse...

I can't wait to see Russell Wilson Bailey Zappe:cool: in preseason games I think Zappe is going have Mac looking over is shoulders. The Pats seem to have done a very good scouting job snagging Russell Wilson Bailey Zappe. :cool:

The offense still seems to be struggling on 11 on 11s...I hope this is because our D is just that good.

The players on the defense already have plenty of experience defending outside zone systems. It's brand new for the offense, and the required blocking is pretty damn complicated.

The players on the defense already have plenty of experience defending outside zone systems. It's brand new for the offense, and the required blocking is pretty damn complicated.

Has absolutely nothing to do with a special teams "consultant" and a defensive "consultant" coaching an offense for the first time.

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

I can't help but start getting giddy about Thornton. He sounds like he's starting to becomes a force
Imagine Parker - Bourne and Thornton in three WR's sets: Third and First.:cool: What a far the cry from last years talent I mean we had Meyers as our #1 or #2. He's literally a good #4 on this squad and I wouldn't want him taking any time from Thornton if he's ready. T Thornton is just a more skilled and dangerous player I hope Thornton plays like Terry Glenn as a Rookie.:cool:

Last edited:
It's obvious now in case it wasn't before that they're changing the offensive schemes and there's still a lot of work to be done to iron out all the kinks and get it right. Still over a month away from the season so not even close to time to get worried. All good.

On top of the new scheme, four out of five OLinemen are playing a different position than they did last year (if you count Strange being a rookie). There's definitely some timing and chemistry work that's going to need to be ironed out as well.

On top of the new scheme, four out of five OLinemen are playing a different position than they did last year (if you count Strange being a rookie). There's definitely some timing and chemistry work that's going to need to be ironed out as well.
Trent Brown and David Andrews just need to stay healthy the two most important players on this current OL: the rest should be interchangeable.

Trent Brown and David Andrews just need to stay healthy the two most important players on this current OL: the rest should be interchangeable.

I don't know about interchangeable per se, but I have enough confidence in each of them individually to figure it out (with Cole being the wildcard). It just makes sense that they would start a little slower than usual. What we want to see now is health and steady improvement.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back