PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp - Tuesday August 2

Mitchell is surprising me.
Mitchell has been an off-an-on starter in this league for the last 5 years and had double digit PDs the last 2 years.

Hes not an All-Pro but a decent veteran corner who knows what hes doing out there.

Hes keeping the seat warm for one of the kids to emerge this year or next.

saw this looking thru the camp pics on the Pats website

gQ93350.jpg

Patrick Chung coaching up some players... anyone know if this is an official thing? or just a guest appearance by a former player?
I wouldnt mind adding him to the coaching staff...

saw this looking thru the camp pics on the Pats website

gQ93350.jpg

Patrick Chung coaching up some players... anyone know if this is an official thing? or just a guest appearance by a former player?

Yeah I posted that as well in yesterdays training camp thread. Great shot...good to see him.

Yeah I posted that as well in yesterdays training camp thread. Great shot...good to see him.
I missed that... i do appreciate all the camp posts you make... however, i cant read most of them due to the security settings on my comp... glad to see someone else liked PC showing off his knowledge

Mitchell is surprising me
Initial indications are he's another Mills type - physical, fundamentally sound, but isn't going to make up for mistakes with pure athleticism - in other words another team defense guy likely better in zone than on an island across an entire game.

It's been awhile since the Pats didn't have one of the top 10 DBs somewhere in their backfield.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get double digit sacks this year
The rest of the defense has to do their part for that to happen given he'll likely be double teamed every play until the rest of the line demonstrates why the opposing offense must account for them. As someone said yesterday, until they're playing someone else, these indicators don't have as much value as predictive.

Anyone else getting similar vibes to last year's OL start? (I know - wait for the reps against other teams before making any determinations)

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back