PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots / Brady Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye week idle sport: if you could have ONE of those players back at 100%, who would you pick?

At the moment, KVN. Just made such a difference to the defense after Hightower went down. He grew into the role only to go down with injury. On last year's performance, Branch -- but he hasn't played at that level this term.

What I love about this is that they're getting everyone back before next week, they'll have a full week of practice, and then the first playoff game to get all of the rust off and then obviously hopefully advance. Then they'll be firing on all cylinders for the championship game.

No guarantees of course, but the way things are lining up now is frickin' awesome.

Defense still wins in the playoffs over offense. I hope the run defense shown in the jests game will continue also the secondary play.

Bye the time they play next week, they should have:

Healthy KVN
Hogan
Branch
White
Burkhead

That's a lot of additions to the "team" a/k/a game day active roster. Anyone want to argue that those additions won't lead to a better team?

Ultimately the question is whether they are healthy, or "healthy" the way that Edelman was when he came back for the 2015 poatseason. I'm hopeful that KVN is the one most likely to be really healthy given his status last week, and he's probably the most important of the bunch at this point.

if i saw correctly..

Tommy practicing as well..

Number 51 on the field as well .. possibly Reilly back (PS?) - was really hoping they bring him back . for 2018 as well

EDIT: yep . just what the doctor ordered..

So pumped to hopefully see a healthy Patriots team at long last, something we haven't seen for much of this year with the seemingly constant minor and major injuries. To have all the WRs and RBs except Gilly possibly ready would be huge. And Branch and KVN on D.

Last edited:
Interesting, I guess this year Bill feels like there are more things to work on beforenthe divisional. Also, KC is the most likely opponent and is probably better than last year’s houston team.
I think you may have misunderstood my post. They practiced during the bye week last year so no different approach for BB in 2018.

Last edited:
Bye week idle sport: if you could have ONE of those players back at 100%, who would you pick?

Hogan, otherwise it reminds me of the moss and welker playoff run and how effective the giants were are stopping our receivers. We just need that one other receiver who is in sync with Brady who can exploit what the defense will give us.

gronk-jpg.19057

Man Mountain all right, although the bra around his neck makes him seem taller :eek::D

I have been rooting for Mitchell all season....but gun to head I would take Branch simply because a healthy big fat eater of blockers on the other side would male things easier in the interior.

KVN is huge for this D with Hightower gone. Absolutely huge in lining them up and handling that assignment.

That said, Hogan back will help a lot. Amendola can't carry the load as the #2. I have no idea if Brady can get right back on the same page with Mitchell, but even if not, it seems like TB was starting to warm up to Dorsett (who I expect to do well next year with the Pats).

On O, and I may be in the minority on this, but getting Burk back is the BFD. Gives Lewis plays off/keeps Lewis fresh yet the production drop off isn't massive. Burk can run the ball, catch the ball, pass block -- doing all of them pretty well.
And with both Lewis and Burk available and assuming the uncertainty of White's availability, both guys are multi skillset that allow the play call/audible options to remain pretty wide open.

If only we could have Hightower and Edelman.... :(

If only we could have Hightower and Edelman.... :(

Edelman would just make this offense unstoppable. This offense with a healthy hogan should be good enough to get back to the super bowl. Just need the secondary to be very good.

With all the hype about Branch lets keep in mind that usually he needs some time to shake the rust so I wouldn't be surprised if he has a reduced snap count in the divisional that grows for the championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST