PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots / Brady Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a special season. Guys getting healthy at the right time.

I've been thinking the same thing. Feeling a little like 2014 that way.

The Pats are being underestimated because of the somewhat inconsistent play due to the injuries. That works for us. Other teams underestimate BB/TFB/NEP at their own peril.

Shorts are easy to wear in cold weather. How often do your legs get cold? Just bundle up your core and hands and everything is ok

Most media persons I read are surmising that it could happen in the following week. The fact that he continues to practice gives folks like me who are hoping he returns decent vibes. All you can ask for at this point, no?
it will be nice to have him back. But having his FULL compliment of the Offensive weapons that PLAYED this year is huge enough. (Burkhead, Hogan, and Branch on D, add Harrison.. This team is jacked to go)

Not just the AFC. Everyone knows you gotta go through the Champs to clutch the Lombardi.
And just about everybody is praying we get knocked off by somebody else by some miracle.

Yea I was about 20ft away from him at TC a couple of years ago. He is a mountain of a man.
I took a pic with him at an event and he skied over me. Got to touch the Lombardi he brought with him too!

PS: Sadly we have the exact same weight though :-(

Hogan, otherwise it reminds me of the moss and welker playoff run and how effective the giants were are stopping our receivers. We just need that one other receiver who is in sync with Brady who can exploit what the defense will give us.
we do need Hogan, but the array of backs we have is huge too.

I wonder if Gill will be IRed to allow for MM to come back?

This might be a special season. Guys getting healthy at the right time.

Agree completely, this team is getting healthy at exactly the right time.

Reactions: sb1

I think that is definitely possible but I hope it isn't the case. Gill could come in handy if Burkhead goes down again.

Weis said one problem for Pats is they don't have underneath game this year.

Nobody could really step into Jules' shoes. Hogan was closest but not close enough that it would really get established. Without Hogan and White it was close to no existant. They tried a bit with Cooks and Danny as well but they were quite disappointing there. So Tommy and McD had quite a challenge. Thankfully they had healthy The Unstoppable and new running game (Lewis 5.0 ypc, Burkhead 4.1 ypc vs Blount's 3.9 ypc last year).

Getting Hogan, White and Burkhead back can establish some of it and in any case take the pressure off Gronk and Cooks and open some space for Danny mid-range..

After seeing how quickly you can go from 4 RBs to only one healthy RB I am not a fan of IRing Gill just to make space for MM. Unless of course the knee injury is serious but then there is no real question about it anyway.

I like how Gill looked on that screen he caught against the Bills. Adds a little bit of dimension to his game if he can be also used for screens (if they start to consistently succeed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back