PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots All-Time Best by Position

A player had to be with them for 5 years or more, so I'm not going to count Randy Moss or Curtis Martin.

EDITED FOR POPULAR DEMAND 5/22

QB Tom Brady
RB Sam Cunningham
UB Kevin Faulk or James White
TE Rob Gronkowski
TE Ben Coates or Russ Francis
WR Stanley Morgan
WR Julian Edelman
WR Wes Welker
T Bruce Armstrong
T Leon Gray
G John Hannah
G Joe Thuney
C Jon Morris

DE Julius Adams
DT Richard Seymour
DT Vince Wilfork
DE Willie McGinest
LB Steve Nelson
LB Andre Tippett
LB Donte Hightower
LB Mike Vrabel or Tedy Bruschi
S Devin McCourty
S Rodney Harrison
CB Mike Haynes
CB Ty Law
CB Ray Clayborn

KR Troy Brown
ST Matthew Slater
K Adam Vinatieri
P Ryan Allen

Failing to retain Russ Francis, Mike Haynes and Joe Thuney stand out as WARTS when it comes to talent retention.

Bruschi over Vrabel.

Thuney is the better player imo. Maybe not by much but they're both on the same tier.

Disagree. Thuney is a really good player, but Mankins dominated throughout his career., to me that’s what separates HOF players from really good players.

Disagree. Thuney is a really good player, but Mankins dominated throughout his career., to me that’s what separates HOF players from really good players.
Thuney was arguably our best OL and the biggest reason we won our last SB shutting down a top 20 all-time player in AD. He was just as versatile and more consistent early on in their careers. Also not a coincidence our OL went to **** when he left. I won't argue against Mankins but rather for Joe.

Thuney was arguably our best OL and the biggest reason we won our last SB shutting down a top 20 all-time player in AD. He was just as versatile and more consistent early on in their careers. Also not a coincidence our OL went to **** when he left. I won't argue against Mankins but rather for Joe.

We disagree. I really like Thuney I just feel like Mankins was completely dominant, much in the same way Wilfork was. Both belong in the HOF.

On one play in his career, Faulk bobbled a catch for a fraction of a second, so he doesn’t belong on this list and was garbage.

He did, barely, but that was still a poorly-run play in a poorly-run series of downs.
That play was a moot point as they just weren't very good that season. Even had they won that game, they still would've matched up with Baltimore unless they ended up 13-3 at minimum on the season. But we saw a common theme during the season were they were playing down to their opponents losing at Denver, at Miami up 21-10 and at NY led by a rookie Mark Sanchez.

That play was a moot point as they just weren't very good that season. Even had they won that game, they still would've matched up with Baltimore unless they ended up 13-3 at minimum on the season. But we saw a common theme during the season were they were playing down to their opponents losing at Denver, at Miami up 21-10 and at NY led by a rookie Mark Sanchez.

Yep, that was the season where Afailus Thomas jumped ship, Moss started to lose focus, and Shawn Springs was loud-mouthed, washed-up garbage... Besides, the Saints won the franchise's only championship that season by Pick-6ing PayaTon to victory, so no complaints...

I thought this was a best at position question- not an all star team?

QB Brady
RB Dillon
3rd Down Back Faulk
FB Develin or Gash
WR Moss
C Koppen
G Hannah
T Armstrong
DT Seymour
NT Wilfork
DE Willie
OLB Tip
ILB Bru
MLB Nellie
SS Rodney
FS Devin
CB Haynes or Ty
P Cammarillo
K Adam

QB Brady
RB Dillon
3rd Down Back Faulk
FB Develin or Gash
WR Moss
C Koppen
G Hannah
T Armstrong
DT Seymour
NT Wilfork
DE Willie
OLB Tip
ILB Bru
MLB Nellie
SS Rodney
FS Devin
CB Haynes or Ty
P Cammarillo
K Adam
Excellent!!! Only thing willie Mac was A LB

Stopped the game as ****tsdirt's about to convert 4th/7 with a minute-1/2 left and no time-outs... Yeah the defense collapses for the rest of the game, but this loss is So Not Their Fault: the running game was ****ing Incompetent; and Bledsoe was Bledsoe, which is Not a complement... Didn't help him that his QBC & OC were third-rate journeymen either, chosen after the good ones were already taken.

p.s.: Home Game Slade was Invisible Man that afternoon... NFW he should be on ANY best-of-Pats list.

Tippett - Nelson - Buoniconti - Hightower
Damn that's one hell of a lb crew

QB Brady
RB Dillon
3rd Down Back Faulk
FB Develin or Gash
WR Moss
C Koppen
G Hannah
T Armstrong
DT Seymour
NT Wilfork
DE Willie
OLB Tip