PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots All-Time Best by Position

Yep, that was the season where Afailus Thomas jumped ship, Moss started to lose focus, and Shawn Springs was loud-mouthed, washed-up garbage... Besides, the Saints won the franchise's only championship that season by Pick-6ing PayaTon to victory, so no complaints...
Fascinating how team chemistry and motivation work to make or sabotage an entire season. While talent matters, psychology is arguably the determining factor in professional sports. (See Bruins 1971/2023)

Good decisions by ownership and/or management can enable and inspire players to perform together positively, and to overcome adversity and see it as a challenge to overcome.

As opposed to poor decisions, which lead players to conclude they're on their own, every man for himself, we're doing this to get paid and that's it. And more often than not, major injuries occur under these circumstances. You're just not playing with the kind of adrenaline, attention, intensity and emotion as when you're engaged.

A team can be greater - or less than - the sum of its parts.

Last edited:
damned dirty donkeys
I am referring to that team as that from now on

Here's my Pats All Time (subject to edit)

QB Tom Brady
FB Jim Nance
UB Kevin Faulk or James White
TE Rob Gronkowski
TE Ben Coates or Russ Francis
WR Stanley Morgan
WR Julian Edelman
WR Wes Welker
T Bruce Armstrong
T Leon Gray
G John Hannah
G Joe Thuney
C Jon Morris

DE Julius Adams
DT Richard Seymour
DT Vince Wilfork
DT Houston Antwine
LB Steve Nelson
LB Andre Tippett
LB Nick Buoniconti
LB Tedy Bruschi
S Devin McCourty
S Rodney Harrison
CB Mike Haynes
CB Ty Law
CB Ray Clayborn

KR Troy Brown
ST Matthew Slater/Mosi Tatupu
K Adam Vinatieri
P Rich Camarillo

Hard to leave Lawyer Milloy off this.

I am referring to that team as that from now on

Here's my Pats All Time (subject to edit)

QB Tom Brady
FB Jim Nance
UB Kevin Faulk or James White
TE Rob Gronkowski
TE Ben Coates or Russ Francis
WR Stanley Morgan
WR Julian Edelman
WR Wes Welker
T Bruce Armstrong
T Leon Gray
G John Hannah
G Joe Thuney
C Jon Morris

DE Julius Adams
DT Richard Seymour
DT Vince Wilfork
DT Houston Antwine
LB Steve Nelson
LB Andre Tippett
LB Nick Buoniconti
LB Tedy Bruschi
S Devin McCourty
S Rodney Harrison
CB Mike Haynes
CB Ty Law
CB Ray Clayborn

KR Troy Brown
ST Matthew Slater/Mosi Tatupu
K Adam Vinatieri
P Rich Camarillo

Well.. BB left him off the 03 team so I guess it's ok. LOL

Who else remembers Milloy's signature move where he'd tackle a guy who got a 1st down 20 yards downfield and then he'd do his celebration where it looked he's asking a truck driver to honk the horn? Ty Law also celebrated at weird times and then you have Chris Canty dancing around the field after forcing a fumble.

The 90's secondary's swagger was 2nd to none and I think they were the pre group celebrations we see now, but they picked odd times to celebrate.

Who else remembers Milloy's signature move where he'd tackle a guy who got a 1st down 20 yards downfield and then he'd do his celebration where it looked he's asking a truck driver to honk the horn? Ty Law also celebrated at weird times and then you have Chris Canty dancing around the field after forcing a fumble.

The 90's secondary's swagger was 2nd to none and I think they were the pre group celebrations we see now, but they picked odd times to celebrate.
Yeah.. kinda Brandon Meriwether esque, TE gets 25 yard gain and he celebrated like he tackled him for a loss.. yeah agree the 90s and early 2000s defensive players could play with high aggression. Polian's diva WRs were getting locked up by our secondary so he cried to the NFL competition committee. Hence ty law.. the rules for changed becuase of him and rodney..

I appreciate the initiative and expression of enthusiasm and animation. Yes it can be stupid BUT, across sports, teammates may not admit it but by knowing your guy is fired up you want to match that intensity, as opposed to resenting it.

You want to win and have a happy day. Most of this is cultural, too. The guys who pioneered celebrating in the 60's were really going against the norm.

I remember a game in k.c. (I think) where Bledsoe led a late comeback, but miss-a-Terri missed the field goal kick and parcells almost cut him!
Could have changed everything if parcells had cut him.

Fascinating how team chemistry and motivation work to make or sabotage an entire season. While talent matters, psychology is arguably the determining factor in professional sports. (See Bruins 1971/2023)

Good decisions by ownership and/or management can enable and inspire players to perform together positively, and to overcome adversity and see it as a challenge to overcome.

As opposed to poor decisions, which lead players to conclude they're on their own, every man for himself, we're doing this to get paid and that's it. And more often than not, major injuries occur under these circumstances. You're just not playing with the kind of adrenaline, attention, intensity and emotion as when you're engaged.

A team can be greater - or less than - the sum of its parts.

Celtics 2023 also confirm this.

I remember a game in k.c. (I think) where Bledsoe led a late comeback, but miss-a-Terri missed the field goal kick and parcells almost cut him!
Could have changed everything if parcells had cut him.

We were living in Galveston TX by then, and I remember CBS going to that final drive after the game I had been watching ended...

youtube 1999 patriots at chiefs week 5

That was during Pete Carroll's last year as HC of the NEP; and this loss (& another in which the Vinitraitor missed a chip-shot game-winner, on Saint Stephen's Day at home vs Doug & the Flutie Flakes) quite possibly, if not likely, cost Mr Pumped N Jacked his job.

A few months ago, I seem to remember patriot running backs losing their tiny minds and maybe costing us two games in season! Forget Buffalo, last year, we were done in by those two games

We were living in Galveston TX by then, and I remember CBS going to that final drive after the game I had been watching ended...

youtube 1999 patriots at chiefs week 5

That was during Pete Carroll's last year as HC of the NEP; and this loss (& another in which the Vinitraitor missed a chip-shot game-winner, on Saint Stephen's Day at home vs Doug & the Flutie Flakes) quite possibly, if not likely, cost Mr Pumped N Jacked his job.

You have a remarkable capacity for nicknames hahaha

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back