PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots All-Time Best by Position

you're a blind bat moron...click the link, it goes to the youtube video

You or someone else must have photo shopped that because it's a good yard or two off the original play. Thanks for the personality assessment.

A player had to be with them for 5 years or more, so I'm not going to count Randy Moss or Curtis Martin.

QB Tom Brady
RB Sam Cunningham
FB Mosi Tatupu
UB Kevin Faulk
TE Rob Gronkowski
WR Stanley Morgan
WR Julian Edelman
WR Wes Welker
T Bruce Armstrong
T Leon Gray
G John Hannah
G Logan Mankins
C Jon Morris

DE Julius Adams
DT Richard Seymour
DT Vince Wilfork
DE Willie McGinest
LB Steve Nelson
LB Andre Tippett
LB Donte Hightower
LB Mike Vrabel or Tedy Bruschi
S Devin McCourty
S Rodney Harrison
CB Mike Haynes
CB Ty Law
CB Ray Clayborn

KR Troy Brown
ST Matthew Slater
K Adam Vinatieri
P Ryan Allen
Why the 5 year rule?

I wouldn't argue with your defenders. Although, Bruschi over Vrabel without hesitation. Your OL is fine. The only ST players worth mentioning are Vinatieri and Troy. And a punter I suppose. No need for a single additional ST player.

Wiping out the 5 year rule, these are my offensive skill position players (adding TE2):

QB Tom Brady
RB Corey Dillon
FB Sam Gash
UB Kevin Faulk
TE Rob Gronkowski
TE Ben Coates
WR Stanley Morgan
WR Randy Moss
WR Wes Welker

If we are wiping out the 5 year rule, Craig James probably had the best single year of any Pats RB. He was dominant and was the driver of the team making the super bowl. Unfortunately his shoulders gave out after that and he never had the same success again.

Would like to squeeze Deion branch in there somehow, might not be possible though

Mankin$ on Any all-time list is a ****ing Disgrace.

Did you forget myles bryant or just had trouble deciding whether to put him at cb or s ?

I understand. I feel similarly. But guard is not really a stellar position for us. Shelby Jordan. Sam Adams. Stephen Neal. Ron Wooten. Shaq Mason. See the problem?

Hopefully one of Mike Onwenu, Cole Strange, Sidy Sow or Atonio Mafi displace Mankins as the 2nd best Patriots guard.
Stephen Neal

If we are wiping out the 5 year rule, Craig James probably had the best single year of any Pats RB. He was dominant and was the driver of the team making the super bowl. Unfortunately his shoulders gave out after that and he never had the same success again.
Wut?!? You are way off,bro.
James was nowhere close to either of Nances's 2 best years, Dillon's best year or CMart's best year. Craig was good but he's nowhere near the class those other 3 are in. Nance's best year was the best ever by a Patriot. He had the 3rd highest single season total,after Dillon and Martin but Nance did it on something like 100 fewer carries. Back then there was no passing game. Defenses knew Nance was going to run and they still couldnt stop him.

Top 3 Seasons for Patriots RB:

1. Corey Dillon 2004
(PB, SB ring)
1635 Y
109.0 Y/G
4.7 Y/A
12 TDs
Rec: 15-103-1

2. Jim Nance 1966 (AP1, PB, AFL PoY)
1458 Y
104.1 Y/G
4.9 Y/A
11 TDs
Rec: 8-103-0

3. Curtis Martin 1995 (PB, ORoY)
1487 Y
92.9 Y/G
4.0 Y/A
14 TDs
Rec: 30-261-1

Possible. I didn't like Faulk at first. He was a fumble looking for a place to happen and did bobble the 4th and 2 in Indy. He was a better runner than White and overcame his fumble issues.
I love both faulk and sweet feet... boy do I wish we could have gotten more from dion Lewis.. he was amazing before the injury bug bit.

all time patriot team baby

LETS GO!!

QB Mac Jones
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
UB Ty Montgomery
TE Hunter Henry
WR DeVante Parker
WR Tyquan Thornton
WR Kendrick Bourne
T Trent Brown
T Riley Reif
G Cole Strange
G Mike Onwenu
C David Andrews

DE Deatrich Wise
DT Christan Barmore
DT Davon Godchaux
DE Lawrence Guy
LB Matthew Judon
LB Josh Uche
LB JaWhaun Bentley
S Kyle Dugger
S Jabrill Peppers
CB Christian Gonzalez
CB Jonathan Jones
CB Marcus Jones

KR Marcus Jones
ST Matthew Slater
K Chad Ryland
P Bryce Baringer
I like where you are going with this...

Top 3 Seasons for Patriots RB:

1. Corey Dillon 2004
(PB, SB ring)
1635 Y
109.0 Y/G
4.7 Y/A
12 TDs
Rec: 15-103-1

2. Jim Nance 1966 (AP1, PB, AFL PoY)
1458 Y
104.1 Y/G
4.9 Y/A
11 TDs
Rec: 8-103-0

3. Curtis Martin 1995 (PB, ORoY)
1487 Y
92.9 Y/G
4.0 Y/A
14 TDs
Rec: 30-261-1
More minimization tactics by the stoolcrammer...Nance only played FOURTEEN games a season...extrapolating his 104+ yrds a game average and Nance eclipses Dillon 1676 yards to 1635.

More minimization tactics by the stoolcrammer...Nance only played FOURTEEN games a season...extrapolating his 104+ yrds a game average and Nance eclipses Dillon 1676 yards to 1635.
Firstly, put Nance's 1966 at the top of the list. I'm not going to argue against it. Secondly, Dillon missed a full game in 2004 so the game totals were Dillon (15), Nance (14), and Martin (16) so your funny math is off. Thirdly, I gave you the yards per carry which is the more relevant stat than games played or total carries. Their Y/A are similar. Same with Y/G and TDs. Neither were a factor in the pass game. Both had better single seasons than Martin's 1995. Flip a coin between the two for who had the best.

It's almost comical when you look at Nance's season, compared with other RBs, he destroyed everyone.

1966 NFL RB Leaders

Attempts:

Nance 299
Clem Daniels 204
Mike Garrett 147

Yards:
Nance 1458
Clem Daniels 801
Mike Garrett 801

Y/G:
Nance 104.1
Clem Daniels 57.2
Mike Garrett 57.2

TDs:
Nance 11
Clem Daniels 7
Bert Coan 7
Don Trull 7

Firstly, put Nance's 1966 at the top of the list. I'm not going to argue against it. Secondly, Dillon missed a full game in 2004 so the game totals were Dillon (15), Nance (14), and Martin (16) so your funny math is off. Thirdly, I gave you the yards per carry which is the more relevant stat than games played or total carries. Their Y/A are similar. Same with Y/G and TDs. Neither were a factor in the pass game. Both had better single seasons than Martin's 1995. Flip a coin between the two for who had the best.

It's almost comical when you look at Nance's season, compared with other RBs, he destroyed everyone.

1966 NFL RB Leaders

Attempts:

Nance 299
Clem Daniels 204
Mike Garrett 147

Yards:
Nance 1458
Clem Daniels 801
Mike Garrett 801

Y/G:
Nance 104.1
Clem Daniels 57.2
Mike Garrett 57.2

TDs:
Nance 11
Clem Daniels 7
Bert Coan 7
Don Trull 7
uh...THAT is the point ,Ravens fan. Nance was easily the best RB in the league. EVERYONE knew it and KNOWS it. Nice of you to finally admit it, stoolcrammer.

No, Faulk had the first down but he juggled the ball and didn't gain control until back across the down marker. HE BOBBLED THE BALL!!!!
False, when he got control he was past the first down marker, were they able to do a replay it would have been overturned.

I understand. I feel similarly. But guard is not really a stellar position for us. Shelby Jordan. Sam Adams. Stephen Neal. Ron Wooten. Shaq Mason. See the problem?

Hopefully one of Mike Onwenu, Cole Strange, Sidy Sow or Atonio Mafi displace Mankins as the 2nd best Patriots guard.

Joe Thuney >>>> Mankin$.

Do I dare suggest White over Faulk?

Sweet Feet was the superior pass-catcher, but the difference between he & Faulk in that department is much smaller than the difference between them as runners, where Faulk was clearly superior, especially as was previously mentioned once he was cured of his Fumble-itis.

p.s.: The failure on 4th/2 was NOT his fault either.

Glenn over Edelman.

Slade over Vrabel.

Good luck arguing against this.

There also needs to be 2 TE's to add Coates. That is just disrespectful to leave him out.

Chris "Home Game" Slade? No way; dude was a Zero on the road, and an over-rated front-runner at home. I'm not suggesting that Vrabel be given that spot either; just that Slade doesn't deserve it.

Don't know about Glenn over Edelman either....maybe...

Agree about Winter Coates; if there's room for 3 WRs & 3 RBs, then there should be room for 2 TEs as well.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back