PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots All-Time Best by Position

Rich Camarillo should get some consideration. He was awfully busy some of his seasons and made a pro bowl w the Pats

I'll take Sam Gash @ FB over any best blocker from the position.

I understand. I feel similarly. But guard is not really a stellar position for us. Shelby Jordan. Sam Adams. Stephen Neal. Ron Wooten. Shaq Mason. See the problem?

Hopefully one of Mike Onwenu, Cole Strange, Sidy Sow or Atonio Mafi displace Mankins as the 2nd best Patriots guard.
upstater you are an old goat you remember Ron Wooten? :)

Faulk MADE the first down on 4th and 2..that call was a judgement on the spot by a ref working in Indy...I saw a study done by an MIT grad using lasers. Faulk was a good 2 feet over the LOS. I remember Faulk was a wash his first two seasons....fumbled the ball way too much. He MADE himself into the dependable all purpose back so important to Patriot success during that period. I bristle every time I see someone reference the 4th and 2 play in Indy. You people have to understand....the league changed the rules FOUR seasons in a row with Polian heading the competition committee. That year we played in Indy.,..if the ref makes the CORRECT call...game over. That's when I first realized there was something rotten in Goodell-mark.
Just one more reason I despise that ginger moron. A blurb from Bleacher Report post game in 2009..

Looking at NBC's replays of the decisive 4th and 2 call in the Colts 35-34 victory over New England in Indianapolis, it was clear that Kevin Faulk did indeed have possession of the ball in front of the first down marker. Faulk's completion would have sealed a win for the Patriots.

While Faulk did bobble the football initially, he quickly recovered to firmly wrap two hands around the ball prior to his forward progress being stopped by the Colts defender, which was slightly ahead of NBC's yellow first down line.

The replay also showed that the official who made the call had an awful vantage point, and saw more of Faulk's back than so-called bobbled football. It's disapointing that both Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth, who is usually an outstanding analyst, failed to point this out.
No, Faulk had the first down but he juggled the ball and didn't gain control until back across the down marker. HE BOBBLED THE BALL!!!!

No, Faulk had the first down but he juggled the ball and didn't gain control until back across the down marker. HE BOBBLED THE BALL!!!!
you're a blind bat moron...click the link, it goes to the youtube video

Last edited:
You’re good with Julius Adams at DE, Stanley Morgan at WR, Leon Gray at LT, John Hannah at LG and, for just one year, Brian Winters at RG.

What a disappointment Trevor Matich was at center!

I would take that line right now... but they all weigh probably 50 pounds less than the guy across from them
Surprisingly, not undersized by all that much:

Brian Holloway - 6-7 / 294
John Hannah - 6-2 / 265
Pete Brock - 6-5 / 267
Ron Wooten - 6-4 / 274
Steve Moore - 6-4 / 293

all time patriot team baby

LETS GO!!

QB Mac Jones
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
UB Ty Montgomery
TE Hunter Henry
WR DeVante Parker
WR Tyquan Thornton
WR Kendrick Bourne
T Trent Brown
T Riley Reif
G Cole Strange
G Mike Onwenu
C David Andrews

DE Deatrich Wise
DT Christan Barmore
DT Davon Godchaux
DE Lawrence Guy
LB Matthew Judon
LB Josh Uche
LB JaWhaun Bentley
S Kyle Dugger
S Jabrill Peppers
CB Christian Gonzalez
CB Jonathan Jones
CB Marcus Jones

KR Marcus Jones
ST Matthew Slater
K Chad Ryland
P Bryce Baringer

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back