PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patricia Vs Judge For Play Calling Duties?

It’s the first 2 days of practice. Perhaps you should find a friend who has played football and they can explain how this works to you.

Right, Wynn simply doesn’t know the playbook or the extent of it. I’ll ask my friend who played pop Warner to help you out in this argument

To return to the subject of this thread, my bet is that it's Judge who will end up the play-caller, simply because the QB-coach is a much better fit for play-caller than O-line coach. The QB-coach looks at the whole field during a game; the other is focused on the line of scrimmage. And the play-caller needs input from the QB during the game.

i love watching Andy get his *** kicked…

Sure this year isn’t different, simply because you don’t want it to be true. According to literally multiple players, the terminology is being simplified. Why is that a bad thing?

And I have certainly acknowledged the scheme is altered each year each week even. You aren’t acknowledging that this is the first year we’ve heard about terminology changes, streamlining and dumbing down.
It’s not a bad thing. Adjusting the terminology is part of the normal process. They just did it a few years ago in defense.

What you have heard is not a gauge of anything. There have many numerous discussions over the years about apparent or potential changes, some materialize, others do not. Some are minor, some are larger.
Picking out what this years iteration of change appears at its embryonic stage to possibly be and calling that “totally changing the offense” is obtuse.

Right, Wynn simply doesn’t know the playbook or the extent of it. I’ll ask my friend who played pop Warner to help you out in this argument
First of all that wasn’t directed to you and secondly it has nothing to do with what Wynn knows and everything to do with how football is practiced starting in the first few practices.
By your answer I wonder if you understand it too.

It’s not a bad thing. Adjusting the terminology is part of the normal process. They just did it a few years ago in defense.
Then what are you arguing for? You are agreeing after being beat over the head with evidence that the playbook terminology is being simplified, changed, streamlined...Whatever word you want to use. Dumbing down the offense hasnt happened in years past, you know that. Theres a reason theyre doing it, again...Are they dumbing down the offense if Josh is still here?

Mac has said BB is more hands on this year compared to last, wonder why? Add it up slowly

What you have heard is not a gauge of anything. There have many numerous discussions over the years about apparent or potential changes, some materialize, others do not. Some are minor, some are larger.
Picking out what this years iteration of change appears at its embryonic stage to possibly be and calling that “totally changing the offense” is obtuse.
Your generic speak is irrelevant here. I also dont have to pick out anything, they opened their mouth and the words came out...Im just putting two and two together

Youre deflecting because you said this, and the players basically confirmed this is what theyre doing. This would make you be negative towards what the team is doing, and I have a feeling you dont love that

“A system for dummies isn’t better than a system that utilizes the players intelligence to an advantage.
The system has worked fine. It has been extraordinarily effective. Dumbing it down would have made it less effective.”—Ring 6

To return to the subject of this thread, my bet is that it's Judge who will end up the play-caller, simply because the QB-coach is a much better fit for play-caller than O-line coach. The QB-coach looks at the whole field during a game; the other is focused on the line of scrimmage. And the play-caller needs input from the QB during the game.
That's what Matt Cassel said. Whomever is in the QB meetings is the play caller.

It's amusing to see the new guy totally school Andy (aka Ring6). Andy should take the L and move on but we all know he'll never do that. Got to admire the patience of @All3Phases.

Last edited:
Patriots players and Coaches: “we’re making changes on offense:

Beat writers: “they’re doing things I’ve never seen before”.

Argument why that’s false starts on Patsfans.com

It's amusing to see the new guy totally school Andy (aka Ring6). Andy should take the L and move on but we all know he'll never do that. Got to admire the patience of @All3Phases.
giphy.gif

Then what are you arguing for? You are agreeing after being beat over the head with evidence that the playbook terminology is being simplified, changed, streamlined...Whatever word you want to use. Dumbing down the offense hasnt happened in years past, you know that. Theres a reason theyre doing it, again...Are they dumbing down the offense if Josh is still here?

Mac has said BB is more hands on this year compared to last, wonder why? Add it up slowly

Your generic speak is irrelevant here. I also dont have to pick out anything, they opened their mouth and the words came out...Im just putting two and two together

Youre deflecting because you said this, and the players basically confirmed this is what theyre doing. This would make you be negative towards what the team is doing, and I have a feeling you dont love that

“A system for dummies isn’t better than a system that utilizes the players intelligence to an advantage.
The system has worked fine. It has been extraordinarily effective. Dumbing it down would have made it less effective.”—Ring 6
Wrong in every count.
The offense is not being dumbed down. It was 2 practices in June.

I have never not agreed that changes are being made, I have explained to you that they are made every year.

I’m not deflecting anything.
That comment was made on response to a suggestion they should have dumbed down the offense in 2011 to accommodate Ocho cinco and of course they should not have.

It also is applicable here. They are simply not going to take an offense built upon football intelligence and in one off season turn it into a weaker, simpler offense that requires no thought.

It seems we have uncovered your misunderstanding. Players making comments about the first 2 days of practice in a mini camp is not relevant to what the installed offense is going to be in September.
It’s great that some players think that the way they have taught the first 2 days is easy for them. It’s irrelevant that terminology is different. It’s typical and ordinary that the playbook has stuff removed.

Where we are now is you guessing at what you think is going on by a few comments and me relying on 20+ years of the way the franchise has operated.
You have stated your case, I disagree. We will know in September

Patriots players and Coaches: “we’re making changes on offense:

Beat writers: “they’re doing things I’ve never seen before”.

Argument why that’s false starts on Patsfans.com
There is no argument that’s false.
They make changes every year.
The incorrect argument is that this is anything out of the ordinary. As well as the suggestion that they threw out the whole offense and started a new one from scratch.

After All3phases opened up a can of whoop-ass on Andy, he finally conceeds. Good show.

If I had to bet I'd say that we won't know who's calling the plays. It seems like secrecy is priority one this year.

It appears as though Wynn's comments about the offense being dumbed down needs to be dumbed down.

It appears as though Wynn's comments about the offense being dumbed down needs to be dumbed down.

Ring6 is telling me guys on the team are incorrect, I’m sure he’s in the playbook as much as them

Wrong in every count.
The offense is not being dumbed down. It was 2 practices in June.

I have never not agreed that changes are being made, I have explained to you that they are made every year.

I’m not deflecting anything.
That comment was made on response to a suggestion they should have dumbed down the offense in 2011 to accommodate Ocho cinco and of course they should not have.

It also is applicable here. They are simply not going to take an offense built upon football intelligence and in one off season turn it into a weaker, simpler offense that requires no thought.

It seems we have uncovered your misunderstanding. Players making comments about the first 2 days of practice in a mini camp is not relevant to what the installed offense is going to be in September.
It’s great that some players think that the way they have taught the first 2 days is easy for them. It’s irrelevant that terminology is different. It’s typical and ordinary that the playbook has stuff removed.

Where we are now is you guessing at what you think is going on by a few comments and me relying on 20+ years of the way the franchise has operated.

You’re literally saying that the players are wrong, Wynn has been in the playbook FIVE years. I’d think he knows if they’re simplifying it, for the exact reason he said. And you keep telling me I’m guessing, while acting like you know for sure. Unfortunately all evidence backs me up and not you. Sorry Ring

There is no argument that’s false.
They make changes every year.
The incorrect argument is that this is anything out of the ordinary. As well as the suggestion that they threw out the whole offense and started a new one from scratch.

Nobody said they started a new offense from scratch, you simply projected that into your argument.

Ring6 is telling me guys on the team are incorrect, I’m sure he’s in the playbook as much as them
He's usually much better at this sort of thing.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back