PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Watson to Brownies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hilarious to me that Watson's agent was clearly leaking about wanting to play for his hometown Falcons in order to get more guaranteed money from the Browns.
I hope I'm not supposed to feel bad for the Browns. I don't. The money may end up being well spent.

All the Pats need to worry about is winning their division against the Bills and white Lamar Jackson. If they can't even do that, I'm not really worried about how stacked the AFC QB field is.

All the Pats need to worry about is winning their division against the Bills and white Lamar Jackson. If they can't even do that, I'm not really worried about how stacked the AFC QB field is.
Until last season I didn't look at Allen as comparable to Jackson. I always thought that Allen was a better passer than he showed last year.

The Pats have to unseat the Bills to get to the playoffs again because the AFC is stacked. The AFCW and AFCN are both very strong and if Indy can get a QB the AFCS will also be stronger.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that.
And usually whoever says that ends up being right.

If we look at the projected salary caps for the next 4 years, and go with the reported structure of Watson’s contract, then from 2023-2025, Watson will occupy at least 20% of his team’s cap each of those seasons.

Why is that significant, you may ask. Well, in 25 years of NFL salary cap data, only once has a QB won a Super Bowl while accounting for greater than 13% of his team’s cap number. IIRC, there are only 1 or 2 other instances of QB’s even making the Super Bowl with a cap number >13%.

Watson gets his own thread but Brady can’t hilarious
There’s literally a thread on the main board titled Brady Unretires.

Tony Buzbee, the attorney for the 22 plaintiffs, tells ESPN’s @JohnBarrESPN that no NFL team has reached out to him or his clients about Deshaun Watson. “I didn’t expect them to do so, and can understand why they didn’t. But, knowing what I know, they probably should have.

What a horrendous trade for the Browns, dear god they'll never be any good when they make such stupid decisions time and time again. All those picks and all that money for a good (potentially great) tier QB that could get his legs hacked or end up in a cell at any moment.

Baker might be a joke but is Watson $230m better? Holy crap.

Yes the trade was worth it you don’t win SB with that bum Baker

Yes the trade was worth it you don’t win SB with that bum Baker

Don't know if they'll ever win one with Watson either, but they absolutely weren't winning one with Mayfield that's for sure.

White Lamar Jackson? WTF?

Don't know if they'll ever win one with Watson either, but they absolutely weren't winning one with Mayfield that's for sure.
If they don't win one it almost certainly won't be because of Watson. He's a top 3-5 QB if healthy.

If they don't win one it almost certainly won't be because of Watson. He's a top 3-5 QB if healthy.

tenor.gif

Josh Allen is booty cheeks and gets bailed out by his mobility. Just like Jackson
Allen is a much better passer. Not sure why race had to come on to it or what "booty cheeks" is. Allen also stepped up against KC. He wasn't the reason they lost. Jackson has yet to do that and still wants Mahomes kind of money.

Seems like your statement was answered the other day.
And usually whoever says that ends up being right.

If we look at the projected salary caps for the next 4 years, and go with the reported structure of Watson’s contract, then from 2023-2025, Watson will occupy at least 20% of his team’s cap each of those seasons.

Why is that significant, you may ask. Well, in 25 years of NFL salary cap data, only once has a QB won a Super Bowl while accounting for greater than 13% of his team’s cap number. IIRC, there are only 1 or 2 other instances of QB’s even making the Super Bowl with a cap number >13%.

As it turns out, the compensation on the blockbuster trade has changed: Browns now are giving up six draft picks for Deshaun Watson; also instead of giving up a 2024 5th-round pick, it’s now a 2024 6th-round pick, per today’s wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes