PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Russell Wilson to Steelers

Disagree on Fields he played well last year and still very Young IF Mac Jones had the year Fields had we wouldn't be moving him. Fields - MH Jr - Bourne - Pop Douglas and Juju plus H Henry @ TE Pretty Good Offense right there make it happen Wolf. :cool:
Justin Fields was below average last year. He can’t throw. He can’t read a defense to save his life, he is a very slow processor.

It makes no sense given where we are as an organization to use draft capital on a guy in his last year of his rookie deal. there is a very small chance he gonna be good next year and if somehow he is, we’re gonna lose him in FA or we will have to pay 35M/40M to keep him. It makes no sense to do that when you can have a better QB at 3 than fields will ever be on a much more cost controlled contract.

Trading for Fields would be a huge blunder by this front office. We just traded away our own trash and now people want to trade for someone else’s

Justin Fields was below average last year. He can’t throw. He can’t read a defense to save his life, he is a very slow processor.

It makes no sense given where we are as an organization to use draft capital on a guy in his last year of his rookie deal. there is a very small chance he gonna be good next year and if somehow he is, we’re gonna lose him in FA or we will have to pay 35M/40M to keep him. It makes no sense to do that when you can have a better QB at 3 than fields will ever be on a much more cost controlled contract.

Trading for Fields would be a huge blunder by this front office. We just traded away our own trash and now people want to trade for someone else’s
I don't like the Rap Fields get around here He sure tore us a new one a few years back career night more than looks the part to me. Regarding his Fifth year option that's the chance you take I think Fields arrow is pointing up I would buy. @Lagaffe_07 if Fields goes to that Loaded Atlanta Team and Plays well I'm going to constantly remind You. I will eat crow if I'm wrong about Justin Fields. He put up Good numbers with a #1 WR and a decent TE last year sounds familiar Harrison Jr = DJ Moore - Cole Kmet= H Henry. I love betting on mixed opinion players you talk to 10 people Five says he sucks the other Five says he's Decent to Good.

Last edited:
if Fields goes to that Loaded Atlanta Team and Plays well I'm going to constantly remind You.
Yeah, I am not worried about that.

I don't like the Rap Fields get around here He sure tore us a new one a few years back career night more than looks the part to me. Regarding his Fifth year option that's the chance you take I think Fields arrow is pointing up I would buy. @Lagaffe_07 if Fields goes to that Loaded Atlanta Team and Plays well I'm going to constantly remind You. I will eat crow if I'm wrong about Justin Fields. He put up Good numbers with a #1 WR and a decent TE last year sounds familiar Harrison Jr = DJ Moore - Cole Kmet= H Henry. I love betting on mixed opinion players you talk to 10 people Five says he sucks the other Five says he's Decent to Good.
The road is paved for fields to be here, I've been on that since last season. His upside is far more than Mac and Zappe combined. Yes, fields balled out against us. He not only was making our d line look crazy, but he was making throws down field too.

No really, fields isn't going to be a roadblock to what we want to do. He'd be coming in on his rookie deal, to compete with the draft pick, veteran QB. Wolf and Mayo already said they want to stack draft picks and weaponize the offense. Between fields, Mac and Zappe it's clear fields is the better player with more upside. Say fields came here and balled out in 24.. then we have a wonderful problem to have. As far as spending the organization is going to have to spend anyway. Pertinent to the CBA and league rules. DJ Moore had one of his best seasons with fields throwing too him over 1,300 yards.

DUDE, FIELDS IS ABSOLUTE TRASH. Why in the hell would you want a QB who's not much better than Mac Jones who they just traded away. Pats would be stuck in QB purgatory winning 7-8 games, never bad enough to draft a QB without selling the future and not good enough for the playoffs and hell no nowhere to being a contender. If you want mediocrity Fields is your QB.
It's astounding that so many fans here think Fields is a good choice. Haven't they been watching him play? He looks lost out there trying to read defenses. I get that they think he's better than Jones and Zappe but so what? That's not saying much.

Wilson still thinks he's elite and wants to start day 1.

The Pats need a vet who won't be a locker room cancer if a rookie takes their job.

Wilson probably didn't want to come here anyway. Pitt is a great choice for him.
I agree with you, on fields I think posters are being overly harsh on fields, like Mac he was in a tough coaching situation in Chicago, his numbers weren't terribly bad and he isn't trash. Trash QBs don't have 1,300 yard WRs.. who's the 1,300 yard guy on the patriots I ask those posters. We have to relax and keep an open mind. We are still drafting the guy of the future.

No really, fields isn't going to be a roadblock to what we want to do. He'd be coming in on his rookie deal, to compete with the draft pick, veteran QB. Wolf and Mayo already said they want to stack draft picks and weaponize the offense. Between fields, Mac and Zappe it's clear fields is the better player with more upside. Say fields came here and balled out in 24.. then we have a wonderful problem to have. As far as spending the organization is going to have to spend anyway. Pertinent to the CBA and league rules. DJ Moore had one of his best seasons with fields throwing too him over 1,300 yards.
You're dream of Fields balling out here is just that, a dream. He's much more likely to be a nightmare instead. If they're going to spend the money they shouldn't waste it on Fields. He blows and there are better choices out there.

I agree with you, on fields I think posters are being overly harsh on fields, like Mac he was in a tough coaching situation in Chicago, his numbers weren't terribly bad and he isn't trash. Trash QBs don't have 1,300 yard WRs.. who's the 1,300 yard guy on the patriots I ask those posters. We have to relax and keep an open mind. We are still drafting the guy of the future.
If they're going to bring in another QB I'd rather it be a proven QB with some ability, like a Tannehill or Minshew. I'm just not a fan of Fields.

A good running game and some nice WR. I bet he does well.

At the league minimum, it's really a great signing.

You're dream of Fields balling out here is just that, a dream. He's much more likely to be a nightmare instead. If they're going to spend the money they shouldn't waste it on Fields. He blows and there are better choices out there.
Lol. Ok who do you think are the better choices? Let's use 2023 stats, your only as good as your last season?

If they're going to bring in another QB I'd rather it be a proven QB with some ability, like a Tannehill or Minshew. I'm just not a fan of Fields.
Minshew sucks, Tannehill sucks, next?

Good.

As long as the Diva is nowhere near Foxborough i'm happy.
He would have been perfect the for the new friendly, kind, handholding regime. The wicked witch is gone.

Trash QBs don't have 1,300 yard WRs..
It goes both ways - a good WR can also make a QB look less terrible (I'm not saying that Fields is terrible, although I'm not convinced by him - I'm just cautioning of using this as an endorsement of Fields' abilities). D.J. Moore put up three consecutive seasons of almost 1200 yards in Carolina with his QBs being Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold. And if we go further back in history, Isaac Bruce put up almost 1800 yards in 1995 with his QBs being Chris Miller and washed-up Mark Rypien. He then put up over 1300 yards the following season with his QB being Tony Banks.

Its a bargain if they’ve already given up on pickett. If you are still trying to make pickett work then this is only going to kill his confidence. Taking a backseat to rudolph and now Wilson.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back