PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rex Ryan foot fetish? (merged many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an idea!

Maybe we can schedule the Jets into Foxboro in early September and dress the Patriette cheerleaders in sexy high heeled sandals to distract Rex Ryan.

I got an idea!

Maybe we can schedule the Jets into Foxboro in early September and dress the Patriette cheerleaders in sexy high heeled sandals to distract Rex Ryan.

He's already distracted watching the food concessions.

so let me get this straight. goodell WILL investigate a PATRIOTS rookie sex tape, that occurred while he wasn't even in the league but WILL NOT investigate the JETS head coach for not only a sex tape but seemingly a pattern of unsavory behaviour, during his tenure in the league, reflecting poorly not only his favorite team but the nfl as a whole. ok got it.

SIGN if the Jets show up in Gillette in January:

"Hey Rex, Party at Your House After the Game
More Domination!"

The videos are symbolic of the Jets= DISGUSTING

Yeah, so how's the "scandal" panning out? Stupid fk'ers arguing with me instead of using their heads.

As some, not I, predicted this seems to have blown over. I watched the Pats game in a Bears bar where Bears fans watched their team beat the Jets. The Bear folks I spoke with seemed oblivious or uncaring regarding either Jets foot scandal.

As long as Goodell doesn't somehow in future considerations count Spikes stupid classless sex tape against him while ignoring the HC of his NY Jets weird internet sex scandal, I'm fine with it.

As some, not I, predicted this seems to have blown over. I watched the Pats game in a Bears bar where Bears fans watched their team beat the Jets. The Bear folks I spoke with seemed oblivious or uncaring regarding either Jets foot scandal.

As long as Goodell doesn't somehow in future considerations count Spikes stupid classless sex tape against him while ignoring the HC of his NY Jets weird internet sex scandal, I'm fine with it.

well you have to admit it was fun while it lasted. However, I am amazed that the pictures of Rex's wife's vaginal area were not more widely discussed by the media.

Yeah, so how's the "scandal" panning out? Stupid fk'ers arguing with me instead of using their heads.

Somebody's wearing cranky pants today! :D

In the meantime, most of us were not arguing that he would (or should) be fired for this. Merely that uploading videos of your wife (with your voice on it) along with alt.com messageboard solicitations for joining into all kinds of fun stuff (you've seen the list) does not exhibit the best sense of judgement for someone who (at that time) was interviewing to be the public face of a multi-billion dollar business.

Plus, it IS really, really entertaining. Ryan is my favorite opposing coach. He makes for great reality television and I hope HBO Hard Knocks 2011 features the Jets again (maybe BB could steal another one of their bench players by doing scouting work on it!).

You shouldn't go through life so angry, Pujo. It's a wonderful world out there!

I still disagree with you. This will linger just like Bieber lingers with Brady. Fans will continue to bring it up. It's not going to be forgotten. Hell, Cowturd went after Belichick's infidelity for entire weeks after it came to light. This won't go away.

That being said, I made the point earlier in this thread that it's not going to be a mass media thing because so much of what Rex is into is so in the margins of behavior (coprophilia?) that most people would rather wipe it from memory than rehash it.

Plus, it IS really, really entertaining. Ryan is my favorite opposing coach. He makes for great reality television and I hope HBO Hard Knocks 2011 features the Jets again (maybe BB could steal another one of their bench players by doing scouting work on it!).

I must admit to missing Herm Edwards. He was always good for an embarrassing outburst or press conference breakdown or two ever year.

I still disagree with you. This will linger just like Bieber lingers with Brady. Fans will continue to bring it up. It's not going to be forgotten. Hell, Cowturd went after Belichick's infidelity for entire weeks after it came to light. This won't go away.

That being said, I made the point earlier in this thread that it's not going to be a mass media thing because so much of what Rex is into is so in the margins of behavior (coprophilia?) that most people would rather wipe it from memory than rehash it.

What did go away was the Jets illegal personnel lineup on game kickoffs and the entire tripping incident that it provoked.

That's the one that should have received league sanction.

Don't you mean "using their feet??" :D :D

Go away? Like the Men In Black would come and wipe away everyone's memories, or a law would be passed making it a crime to talk about it? Nothing ever goes away once it's public, what people (no idea who, I'm not going back through the thread to look up names) were arguing with me about is whether this will escalate and lead to discipline, which is such a ludicrous thought that those people were obviously thinking from a position of their heads being up their asses.

Go away? Like the Men In Black would come and wipe away everyone's memories, or a law would be passed making it a crime to talk about it? Nothing ever goes away once it's public, what people (no idea who, I'm not going back through the thread to look up names) were arguing with me about is whether this will escalate and lead to discipline, which is such a ludicrous thought that those people were obviously thinking from a position of their heads being up their asses.

Yeah, I disagreed that it would ever lead to discipline. I didn't think it would because perpetuating it in the press is worse than anything for the NFL.

That being said, I'm halfway on this because if a player appeared in Playgirl or a cheerleader appeared in Playboy, you can bet there would be repercussions.

And if Ryan appeared in Playgirl, there would also be repercussions (not the least of which, I'm sure, would be from the readers). But this is different, nobody ever showed that he intended to have his weird little video uploaded. If his wife did it on her own, it can't be his bad judgment (likewise for his wife in some, umm, unladylike poses).

But my real point has nothing to do with Ryan, what's sadder than Ryan are Pats fans being hypocrites. Ryan embarrasses Ryan, maybe he embarrasses the Jets, but stupid jackasses who happen to root for the Pats embarrass me.

I should start a Wall of Shame. Track people's comments about illegal hits, scandals, biased officiating, etc when it goes in our favor, and those same people's comments when similar things go in someone else's favor. I have a feeling those people have a warped sense of what's "fair", and possibly deep-seeded issues with their mothers.

Despite the fact that this has blown over as a media event, it would not at all have been surprising or extraordinary had a competent ownership fired their face of the franchise for conduct detrimental to the brand.

The worst thing is that this fiasco served to wipe the tripping incident from the public and media consciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe