PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

As others have reported, center Ryan Jensen's new deal with Bucs is three years, $39 million, including $23 million fully guaranteed. Nice bump from the $10.5m per year on his last deal. Tom Brady has his center back.

Bucs are using two voidable years on Ryan Jensen's three-year deal to lower his cap number for 2022. Given their tight cap space, makes sense they'll do this on any longterm deals signed to allow for more re-signing.

Marpet is a very good guard, graded out as a top 20ish guard, but was hardly transcendent and freeing up $10 million per year is helpful. He can likely be replaced relatively easily.

Will Brate be cut? $8M cap hit. They can save like 6M.

The Bucs are suddenly short on depth at the skill positions. AB gone; Howard gone/never recovered; Godwin likely going to take time to make an impact; not really confident about Tyler Johnson, Scottie Miller, etc. I like Grayson, but he's approaching 30 and expecting him to be a consistent impact player is wishful thinking.

I'm guessing Gronk returns; not so sure about Fournette.

Howard never seemed to bounce back from the Achilles injury, and Gronk's still a FA, so Brate's the clear TE1 as of right now. Cutting him would be problematic. Even if they re-sign Gronk, I'd guess that they'll look to re-work Brate's deal and kick the can another year down the path.

The Bucs are suddenly short on depth at the skill positions. AB gone; Howard gone/never recovered; Godwin likely going to take time to make an impact; not really confident about Tyler Johnson, Scottie Miller, etc. I like Grayson, but he's approaching 30 and expecting him to be a consistent impact player is wishful thinking.

It looks like they've got 7-8 players who could help with decent salary relief

It looks like they've got 7-8 players who could help with decent salary relief
I'd be interested to see if they could make a run at JuJu. Maybe they restructure Bradys contact as well

They need to grab a WR that group won’t cut it with Godwin using the regular season to get back to his old self

They need to go all in. If there's a guy they want in the draft then they should trade up, etc.

Brady will have zero problem getting some skill guys willing to play a cheap year for a ring. The Bucs main concern needs to be their secondary.

I have to wonder what Bob and Bill are thinking right now. This will be Brady's 3rd year after being chased away by them and he showed no signs of slowing down during the first 2.

Dumping Brady will go down as the biggest blunder in the history of Boston sports. At least the Red Flops got something for Ruth.

Brady saw the rumors of Gronk playing with another quarterback and said nope.
When it comes to bromance, that Brady is one jealous dude.

Bucs need to reload with free agents.
I haven't put much thought to it but OBJ and Miller comes to mind.

Braxton Berries looked really good when they played the Jets.

Just like you predicted last year....can't wait
I said last year if healthy they would repeat. They weren't even close to healthy. And still were one defensive miscue away from a historic comeback and knocking off the soon to be SB champions.

Now they're healthy.

The schedule looked very hard last year. Obviously things can still change a lot, but:

• Roethlisberger retired
  • Wilson to Denver
  • Cardinals/Murray with an epic meltdown and it would surprise no one of they went 6-11
If they can just figure out a way to beat the Saints.

View attachment 41752
That's quite an intimidating schedule. Brees and now Payton are gone. Bucs should at least split that series.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back