PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Just had a text from Bruce Arians about Tom Brady’s return. “We are really excited!” I bet.

The Bucs have remained in constant contact with Tom Brady during his two month retirement. On Sunday, Brady contacted them to say he was returning to the Bucs in 2022. "Talked a few times lately,’' Arians said. “But yes, he told owners, Jason and me.’'

When asked if Brady’s return will affect the Bucs ability to retain their own free agents, coach Bruce Arians told me “Oh yeah, guys love playing with him.’'

Just like that, Bucs are back to having the third-best odds to win the Super Bowl (8.5 to 1) per @BetMGM. Bucs are behind only the Bills (7:1) and Chiefs (7.5:1). They were 25:1 earlier today before Tom Brady announced he wasn't retiring and would play another year in Tampa.

Bucs were already going to need to restructure contracts to make room for additional signings. Brady's return might make players more likely to sign extensions that could create additional cap space to facilitate re-signing other free agents. We'll find out fast.

Tom Brady Sr. tells me his son felt “pressured by outside forces” to make earlier decision to walk away. Was looking forward to golf with his son but “excited” he’ll play again. Hear more from our conversation on #7News tonight.

Where’s Rob Gronkowski in all this? On stage with ⁦@SamHuntMusic⁩ at Strawberry Festival in Plant City. My wife, in attendance, took the video:

BREAKING: Ali Marpet says in a text to me that he will not follow suit like Brady: "I am not unretiring. I'm excited for the Bucs, gonna be a blast to watch haha." Marpet will not return. Like Brady, people can change their mind but as of now, Marpet stays retired

It's all about the next one.

FNxYzXLVEAAFwRL

FNxY0qLXIAwstY1

Them bad ass kids also probably played a huge part in him unretiring!

"Daddy can't take you to see all the other great athletes anymore, because mommy wants daddy at home all day while you're at school, so daddy can't keep in touch with everyone..."

"Aww... but mom!"

I wonder how many of the guys who were planning on moving on will change their minds now....

Is it against NFL rules if Glazers promised Tom some equity in ManU?

Aaron Rodgers after Brady retired and Wilson got traded to the AFC

tumblr_n24zlz6Gt71rg0yjio1_500.gif

Aaron Rodgers right now, after hearing that Brady's back for another year

d5fa23c0-d3a8-0131-5585-36b704dbac01.gif
That would've been funnier with Team Bill instead of Rodgers.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back