PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I hope Brady lit a fire for the Bucs and forced Glazer to use his sway.

The Bucs are going to have problems next year unless they get aggressive. They don't have much cap space and have a lot of production to replace. At best, approaching the season with cap creativity, they'll remain competitive, but they're still not going to have close to the overall strength as last year.

They need to trade away draft assets for players on rookie deals or vet stars with contracts that can be restructured and backloaded. Yes, it's expensive in draft capital to get impact players, but their window is probably 2022 and then it's all going to blow up.

There's a thread about Jakobi Meyers and a second round pick tender...while I don't think that's a move they should make, that's at least the type of move they should be looking at. It may cost a second round pick for a good-not-great receiver who is affordable, but they need to look at their situation and be willing to go all-in. They need help at TE, WR, RB, and CB. There are plenty of teams out there who value draft picks right now a lot more than the Bucs.

The Bucs are going to have problems next year unless they get aggressive. They don't have much cap space and have a lot of production to replace. At best, approaching the season with cap creativity, they'll remain competitive, but they're still not going to have close to the overall strength as last year.

They need to trade away draft assets for players on rookie deals or vet stars with contracts that can be restructured and backloaded. Yes, it's expensive in draft capital to get impact players, but their window is probably 2022 and then it's all going to blow up.

There's a thread about Jakobi Meyers and a second round pick tender...while I don't think that's a move they should make, that's at least the type of move they should be looking at. It may cost a second round pick for a good-not-great receiver who is affordable, but they need to look at their situation and be willing to go all-in. They need help at TE, WR, RB, and CB. There are plenty of teams out there who value draft picks right now a lot more than the Bucs.
They need Guards.

Tampa should trade a 3rd or 4 for Saqon instead of paying Lenny long term. Lenny was good but he doesn’t have Saqons talent yes Saqon wasn’t himself last year but now he’s be two years removed from the cal injury. Take a chance on him if he can be that guy again the offense would be threw the roof. Saqon has never played with a good line or QB he’d get both and teams won’t be stacking the box add in his receiving

This is huge.

Bucs became too complacent and were busy patting themselves in the back for bringing everyone back.

The Rams got OBJ and Miller midseason. When the injury bug hit the Bucs, they should have been looking to bring more star power too.
Bucs thought they were getting Brown back, but the Brown who came back was even nuttier than before. Otherwise I think they would have been in on OBJ

Carlton Davis' deal with Bucs is three years, $45 million, $30 million guaranteed. Godwin, Davis, Jensen were all ranked among NFL's top 20 free agents at any position, and Jason Licht and front office are 3-for-3.

No void years on the Carlton Davis deal for Bucs, so not quite as much borrowing cap space from way down the road. Should be a first-year cap hit around $6-7m, manageable for such a key signing.

Be interesting to see what Gilmore gets now. He's a better player but older so it could be anything from 10 to the same year on a short term deal. I would of preferred Gilmore on a 1 year 10mil deal with a void year. NE should do it but it won't happen.

Davis is a good player; I don't dislike the signing for that cost. Just wish he could finish off those interceptions because he has great coverage skills. At least they no longer have the nightmare of having Murphy-Bunting as their best corner.

Brady didn’t come back to play on a mediocre team and the Bucs locking up 3 of their best players points to the team listening. Also keep in mind, Marpet’s $10 million cap hit comes off the books in June I read. They currently have more space than it looks like.

Rodgers has thrown 83 touchdowns the last two seasons and 14 of those have come from 1 yard. That's insanely high.

He’s a clown! When they lost to Tampa in the conference championship I believe they had a drive get no points cause they threw it on 4 straight downs at the 4 yard line

Per PFF the 44th ranked guard. For what that’s worth. Gave up 5 sacks last year.
Assuming that 44th ranked guard is accurate...

Is that even a loss? There would be 64 starting guards in the NFL. So 44/64 is not great.

I really hope part of the plan of Brady coming back was to get rid of Arians.

If Carolina gets Watson (Looking that way) I'm not sure the Bucs are a lock to win that division.

If Carolina gets Watson (Looking that way) I'm not sure the Bucs are a lock to win that division.
Lol Brady is winning the division. Maybe not the #1 seed but they'll win the division.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents