PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I said last year if healthy they would repeat. They weren't even close to healthy. And still were one defensive miscue away from a historic comeback and knocking off the soon to be SB champions.

Now they're healthy.

Nah, you were riding the Bucs all year and then when they started getting injured you started to backtrack

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Between Carlton Davis and JC Jackson, Mr. interception is a far better player. It would br awesome if he became a Buc.

I said last year if healthy they would repeat. They weren't even close to healthy. And still were one defensive miscue away from a historic comeback and knocking off the soon to be SB champions.

Now they're healthy.
Bucs became too complacent and were busy patting themselves in the back for bringing everyone back.

The Rams got OBJ and Miller midseason. When the injury bug hit the Bucs, they should have been looking to bring more star power too.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I am not sure what went on the last two months but I fear that Tom's next announcement will be his divorce. The fact that he is back with Tampa after just 8 weeks "retired" means he was not trying to leverage the retirement to land with another team like the niners but wanted to play all along and most likely was forced by Gisele to retire. I did read a ton of headlines by the celebrity press that said she gave him an ultimatum. I really hope not and hope they are doing Ok but man ...

That all being said, I am pretty psyched to see him lace it up another year and follow through on his goal to play until age 45. I have my concerns about Tampa though. I am glad they franchised Godwin but they are going to lose a lot of talent. I like Licht a lot and expect him to put together a solid team but Arians leaves so much to be desired. I am kind of hoping that Tom's decision to come back was predicated on Arians being gone. Also, the NFC is a ghost town aside from the Packers and Rams. Tom will clean up the South and then be one of the top 3 favorites to come out of the NFC. Should be a fun ride.

Oh almost forgot! Long live the sub-forum! LOL

I am not sure what went on the last two months but I fear that Tom's next announcement will be his divorce. The fact that he is back with Tampa after just 8 weeks "retired" means he was not trying to leverage the retirement to land with another team like the niners but wanted to play all along and most likely was forced by Gisele to retire. I did read a ton of headlines by the celebrity press that said she gave him an ultimatum. I really hope not and hope they are doing Ok but man ...

That all being said, I am pretty psyched to see him lace it up another year and follow through on his goal to play until age 45. I have my concerns about Tampa though. I am glad they franchised Godwin but they are going to lose a lot of talent. I like Licht a lot and expect him to put together a solid team but Arians leaves so much to be desired. I am kind of hoping that Tom's decision to come back was predicated on Arians being gone. Also, the NFC is a ghost town aside from the Packers and Rams. Tom will clean up the South and then be one of the top 3 favorites to come out of the NFC. Should be a fun ride.
I hope not either. She seemed supportive of his return on social media though so we'll see.

Unless Watson goes to the Saints or Panthers that division will be terrible. Bucs with Brady are more than good enough right now to win the NFC South, get a home playoff game so that gives them a leg up. Then let's see what happens from there.

I hope not either. She seemed supportive of his return on social media though so we'll see.

Unless Watson goes to the Saints or Panthers that division will be terrible. Bucs with Brady are more than good enough right now to win the NFC South, get a home playoff game so that gives them a leg up. Then let's see what happens from there.
The whole thing was/is bizarre. Why he leaked his retirement right as the playoffs began and then have it drop championship week, we'll never know. Still, I am glad he is back. I was not ready to not see him play given how spectacular he was last season.

100,000 total yards now on the table.

Bucs became too complacent and were busy patting themselves in the back for bringing everyone back.

The Rams got OBJ and Miller midseason. When the injury bug hit the Bucs, they should have been looking to bring more star power too.

As bad as the injury bug hit Tampa last year, the death blow to the Bucs wasn't injury. It was AB melting down, and that was after the trade deadline and after OBJ signed with the Rams.

Tom Brady’s loss will be Joe Burrow’s gain: Bucs’ free-agent guard Alex Cappa intends to sign a four-year, $40 million deal with the Bengals after free agency opens, per league sources.

Per PFF the 44th ranked guard. For what that’s worth. Gave up 5 sacks last year.
Yeah, he's definitely better as a run blocker. Even with Brady and Wirfs there to help him, he was a weak link.

But good luck to him, and he's going to be paid very well to be a minor upgrade for a SB level team. In the meantime, this (for the moment) puts the Bucs in a position where they have to seriously think about going guard in the 1st round of the draft.

Yeah, he's definitely better as a run blocker. Even with Brady and Wirfs there to help him, he was a weak link.

But good luck to him, and he's going to be paid very well to be a minor upgrade for a SB level team. In the meantime, this (for the moment) puts the Bucs in a position where they have to seriously think about going guard in the 1st round of the draft.
Why not sign Karras for less.

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 13-37-14 NFL G Position Grades PFF.png

I have to wonder what Bob and Bill are thinking right now. This will be Brady's 3rd year after being chased away by them and he showed no signs of slowing down during the first 2.

Dumping Brady will go down as the biggest blunder in the history of Boston sports. At least the Red Flops got something for Ruth.

they should be lucky Bowles called a zero blitz with a safety one on one vs the best WR in the league or Tampa would be looking at a threepeat since that decision

If the Pats release Mason which has been whispered the Bucs might be interested there.
Wirfs/Mason/Jensen would be a nasty run trio for teams to have to go against.

As bad as the injury bug hit Tampa last year, the death blow to the Bucs wasn't injury. It was AB melting down, and that was after the trade deadline and after OBJ signed with the Rams.
I keep on forgetting about the trade deadline.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back