PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this post at all. Not being a smart @ss, I really don't understand what you're trying to say.
I’m saying that I doubt any Patriots fans have changed their primary allegiance and have become TB fans

It’s foolish to question why any Patriots would post in this thread if they don’t care about Tampa Bay since this is a Patriots fan website

This thread exists because a lot of us haven't forgotten the greatest of all time quarterback and what he did for the Patriots and Patriot fans. 20 years can't be turned off with the flip of a switch. True Patriots fans? I have a hard time wrapping my head around how a true Patriot fan could just turn off 20 years. I have a harder time with how Patriots fans get upset over the fact that a lot of us haven't flipped the switch off. And I have the hardest time understanding how someone who has spent thousands of dollars on Brady memorabilia can now now just flip the switch off and declare him dead to him. Why the angst over Patriots fans that still follow him? We're still Pats fans. I had to work, missed the Pats yesterday but would have taken the day off if fans were allowed at the game. I spent thousand of dollars for my season tickets and missed the hell out not being there.
Great post.

Bucc’s getting a surplus of National media attention compared to second place Pats

TB Lightning crush the Bruins and win the cup

Miami Heat oust the chair-throwing C’s

Marlins make the playoffs while the Sux epically suck

Florida is just dominating NE right now

And the stats on cold weather v. dome/warm weather games are significant. Brady in fact over his career has a 10+ higher passer rating in domes than he does outdoors. Especially impressive when you consider almost all those domed games are away at opposition's home (Super Bowls the only exception).

Yes, but how many times does one QB play in a SB? :D

Anybody have updates on Godwin

Bucc’s getting a surplus of National media attention compared to second place Pats

TB Lightning crush the Bruins and win the cup

Miami Heat oust the chair-throwing C’s

Marlins make the playoffs while the Sux epically suck

Florida is just dominating NE right now

Your Bucs had their way against the Carolinas and Denvers, but they won't be able to handle the Packers or Chiefs. Heck, even the Bears game next Thursday night is going to be a tough one with Nick Foles probably starting...

That's a big loss for the Chargers.

I agree with @PatsWSB47 . I don't know how one could follow the Patriots for the past 20 years and not enjoy watching Tom Brady play football, wherever he is playing. Over many years, dissecting the things that Brady did in New England, carving out time every weekend to watch him quarterback the team, and now watching the guy play at age 43 and still play at this level. I think the few people here who are so prickly about Brady have other issues they need to sort out.

This is absolutely nothing like Favre trashing the Packers and joining their most hated rivals. I just can't imagine Niners fans giving other Niners fans crap for rooting for Montana in Kansas City or Bulls fans with Jordan in Washington.

I agree with @PatsWSB47 . I don't know how one could follow the Patriots for the past 20 years and not enjoy watching Tom Brady play football, wherever he is playing. Over many years, dissecting the things that Brady did in New England, carving out time every weekend to watch him quarterback the team, and now watching the guy play at age 43 and still play at this level. I think the few people here who are so prickly about Brady have other issues they need to sort out.

This is absolutely nothing like Favre trashing the Packers and joining their most hated rivals. I just can't imagine Niners fans giving other Niners fans crap for rooting for Montana in Kansas City or Bulls fans with Jordan in Washington.
Sometimes it feels like a Jets or Colts board with all the Brady bashing. I really didn't think there would be this many of them.

I don't get it either. Questioning someone's fandom for still cheering the GOAT QB just does not make any sense. Like you said, he did not trash the Pats or Bill on the way out and went out of conference to a team that is not a rival in any sense. I will always cheer for him. He was more than just a great QB to me, he was inspirational. We are almost the same age - I am a few years older - I have 3 kids like him and 2 of mine are the same ages as his oldest son and daughter. I will root for him on the field and in life always.

Look, I was on the Colts boards at the time Peyton left, and no one there cared to follow the Broncos...

You can't understand it because it makes no sense. And you hit the nail on the head... they have other issues.

Look, I was on the Colts boards at the time Peyton left, and no one there cared to follow the Broncos...
Manning failed them in the playoffs his entire career save one time. With that record I'd probably move on from him too. Bad comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back