PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady is a Buccaneer.

Yup, and the minute Tampa has a better record than New England, this thread will turn into "we should have kept Brady!!!!!"

Equally, is it really an issue to have this thread in the NFL forum rather than the Patriots forum? Would it really be hurting anyone for this thread to be in the appropriate place?

And yes, I could ignore the thread, but by that logic there's no reason to have any threads divided up into forums at all since we can just ignore the ones we don't like.

Brady is a special case. I personally enjoy having this thread available on the front page.

Brady is a special case. I personally enjoy having this thread available on the front page.

His status as a "special case" is a matter of opinion. It seems like there's some demand for a subforum for ex-Patriots since some people seem very interested in talking about Brady, Gronk, and Gostkowski. However, they aren't Patriots any more and therefore some other forum would be a better location for threads like this. I also suspect if this wasn't in the Patriots forum a lot of the obnoxious bickering in this thread would have been avoided.

It really isn’t hard to walk and chew gum at the same time. It’s also not hard to watch the Pats but also follow Brady. Yesterday I watched the Pats game in full and then the wife wanted to go out so I taped the Bucs game. When I came home I watched all the Bucs offensive series and it took me about 1/2 hour.

I really don’t see why some people on here seem offended that fans want to keep watching Brady after what he did for this franchise.

Look at which posters are doing it, and you'll find that most of them fit a particular type of description and pattern.

His status as a "special case" is a matter of opinion. It seems like there's some demand for a subforum for ex-Patriots since some people seem very interested in talking about Brady, Gronk, and Gostkowski. However, they aren't Patriots any more and therefore some other forum would be a better location for threads like this. I also suspect if this wasn't in the Patriots forum a lot of the obnoxious bickering in this thread would have been avoided.

If I don't want to participate in a thread on the front page I don't. I've never had a problem avoiding them.

Anyway it's basically about Tom Brady and Gronk and I enjoy their updates.

Good for you but that's not the point.

It is the point. Brady, as you know, was a big part of sport fan enjoyment for twenty years. Enjoyment that no other fan base of any team has experienced. I have no problem with a thread on the front page for TB and Gronk.

I'm watching every single TB game and hope he does well except if they are playing the Patriots.

It is the point. Brady, as you know, was a big part of sport fan enjoyment for twenty years. Enjoyment that no other fan base of any team has experienced. I have no problem with a thread on the front page for TB and Gronk..

It's not the point because by that logic there's no reason to have subforums at all. Regardless of Brady's history, he (like Gronk) is no longer a Patriot and therefore there are better places on this web site for this thread to live.

It's not the point because by that logic there's no reason to have subforums at all. Regardless of Brady's history, he (like Gronk) is no longer a Patriot and therefore there are better places on this web site for this thread to live.

That's a huge stretch. Brady is on New England's Mt. Rushmore. He will always be a Patriot. I'm glad this thread is on the front page. It's where it belongs.

The rest I'll leave up to the mods.

The problem I have with this thread is that it is NOT a Brady or Gronk thread. The OP made it specifically clear that it is a BUCCANEERS thread, which most Pats fans don't care about since they are not our team. The OP posted their schedule, 53 man roster, etc. What this has to do with the Patriots I have no idea. I would have less of an issue with this if it were more focused on how Brady and Gronk are doing statistically....

The problem I have with this thread is that it is NOT a Brady or Gronk thread. The OP made it specifically clear that it is a BUCCANEERS thread, which most Pats fans don't care about since they are not our team. The OP posted their schedule, 53 man roster, etc. What this has to do with the Patriots I have no idea. I would have less of an issue with this if it were more focused on how Brady and Gronk are doing statistically....

Bull shyt. You're just an insignificant troll who is now moving the goalposts.

Yup, and the minute Tampa has a better record than New England, this thread will turn into "we should have kept Brady!!!!!"

Sure if they didn’t mind seeing Bill bench him for Stidham or Hoyer after starting 2-6. Really nothing about his play last year suggests a different outcome. Personally I think that would be a terrible way to end his Patriots career but maybe the Bradyites think differently. Who knows. Shrug

Tom Brady is a Buccaneer.

Thanks for not clarifying whatever you were trying to say by stating something everybody knows.

I support you in eliminating this thread so that endless Brady threads can proliferate on the site.

He will always be a Patriot.

He literally is not a Patriot, which is why discussion of him and other non-Patriots would be better suited for the NFL forum.

He literally is not a Patriot, which is why discussion of him and other non-Patriots would be better suited for the NFL forum.

I disagree. Feel free to ignore me and/ or this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes