PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jimmy G Carted Off Late In Chiefs Game. Serious Knee Injury Feared...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questionable decision heading inbounds into contact. I thought he was out from the helmet hit.
But his knee injury had zero to do with decision making. On any play a player making a forceful momentum cut can over torque a knee joint. I've seen guys pop achilles with "no contact" just moving with force the wrong way. Vinny Testacerde in the pocket no contact.
Jimmy Boy was not lighting it up this season. We'll have to wait over another year and a half at least to evaluate him as a QB. Had the timing worked out I would have liked to watch him be the guy here after TFB.
Best wishes for a rapid & full recovery.
I agree.
..But, if he hadn't hurt his knee on the cut, he very well could have been pummeled heading upfield. IMO.
Either way, it sucks. Hope he recovers quickly

Could be the best thing to happen to the 49ers. They weren’t winning jack this year, they now have a ticket to tank and use those high picks to add and replenish the roster.

Probably a blessing in disguise.

No, it was a non-contact injury.

Don’t understand why your disagreeing, he continues on his route out of bounds the knee doesn’t buckle when he changed course. It was non contact but also an injury that could’ve been avoided on that play.

I agree.
..But, if he hadn't hurt his knee on the cut, he very well could have been pummeled heading upfield. IMO.
Either way, it sucks. Hope he recovers quickly

Looks exactly like the Wes Welker injury. Shouldnt have made that cut.

That was irrelevant to the injury. He's a competitive football player trying to win from behind, that's why he was running with the ball.

He is a franchise QB who just signed a 137.5M contract. You can't take meaningless risks.

Could be the best thing to happen to the 49ers. They weren’t winning jack this year, they now have a ticket to tank and use those high picks to add and replenish the roster.

Probably a blessing in disguise.

Crazy post. How is your franchise blowing out his knee a blessing in disguise?

Did you read my post? ACLs are basically a right of passage nowadays. Wentz. Brady. Watson. Jimmy. He isn’t the first and won’t be the last. So if you are San Fran and can have a season with a so so roster, or lose your QB early enough...and get a top 5 pick to pair with your franshise QB?

Not sure it’s fair to say it was a bad decision not to go out of bounds because the result was a torn ACL.

By that logic, a QB should never scramble, because he might shred his knee on a non contact injury.

If you want to say he should have gone out because he was about to get crushed, then sure. But it was just one cut and that injury could have happened on any play. Just like Edelman’s.

I didn't watch the game live. Just watched Jimmy's injury play. Not sure if a flag was thrown.
There was no flag. Jimmy cut to stay in-bounds (his knee buckled) and he lowered his shoulder into the defender that hit him pretty hard.
Don't think the hit should have been flagged (but who knows the rules anymore) and it definitely didn't have anything to do with the injury.
That was all based on watching it live and a couple of replays.

Did you read my post? ACLs are basically a right of passage nowadays. Wentz. Brady. Watson. Jimmy. He isn’t the first and won’t be the last. So if you are San Fran and can have a season with a so so roster, or lose your QB early enough...and get a top 5 pick to pair with your franshise QB?

I read your post again. It’s even dumber the 2nd time

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
There was no flag. Jimmy cut to stay in-bounds (his knee buckled) and he lowered his shoulder into the defender that hit him pretty hard.
Don't think the hit should have been flagged (but who knows the rules anymore) and it definitely didn't have anything to do with the injury.
That was all based on watching it live and a couple of replays.
Agree. The hit seemed innocuous enough but as you say, these days who knows....

I read your post again. It’s even dumber the 2nd time

Yeah...I’d take a year of Jimmy G getting experience and not having any lingering issues over a top 5 pick (maybe only 10-12 picks higher than they would have gotten anyway).

Not sure it’s fair to say it was a bad decision not to go out of bounds because the result was a torn ACL.

By that logic, a QB should never scramble, because he might shred his knee on a non contact injury.

If you want to say he should have gone out because he was about to get crushed, then sure. But it was just one cut and that injury could have happened on any play. Just like Edelman’s.

I see it this way.

Jimmy "scrambling" did not cause the injury.

Jimmy's effort to gain a few extra yards and leaving his head and right shoulder exposed to a defensive player coming at him full bore was bad judgement.

Yeah...I’d take a year of Jimmy G getting experience and not having any lingering issues over a top 5 pick (maybe only 10-12 picks higher than they would have gotten anyway).

Not to mention MRI isn’t done yet. With all the rumors going around best case is just a torn ACL. Hopefully not multiple ligaments.

A very optimistic glass half full.

In one scenario, a low pick excused by injury of JG, let’s Lynch pick a phenomenal talent that he couldn’t have gotten otherwise.

By no measure is this a good current year outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes