PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jimmy G Carted Off Late In Chiefs Game. Serious Knee Injury Feared...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading your post just brought back the memory of TB's injury. UUUUGH!!!

I remember the bar, the seat I was in... the feeling!:(

...and most of all I remember my wife's childhood "friend" calling her, right after it happened, and cheering.

I didn't talk to her for a long time after that. I was seriously pissed at her.

Jealousy can really make people A-Holes.

That makes me mad at your wife’s friend just reading that!

That makes me mad at your wife’s friend just reading that!
images

I hope it is not an acl that blows

At least the boy got paid :D

Unfortunate for Jimmy. Unfortunate for 49ers. Speedy recovery!

That said, I'm on to the Lions.

I regarded the "genius" vote as genuinely expressing to the OP an appreciation for an insightful post. A "winner" vote is more of a mic drop.

Posters using it in a sarcastic way is dumb.

I used the genius selection and used it in a sarcastic manner. We already have the winner selection for great insight. Just my opinion.

Kansas ****ty Queefs tore his ACL?

No but if all you want to do is come here and post **** with the purpose of pissing people off that's not the purpose of this board.

That's called trolling.

Understood..I did and do think it was funny with all the likes and dislikes though. Wasn’t trying to troll at all.

It's all good man, it was a dumb post, we all do it. If you don't understand why this thread was made, maybe you're not much of a Pats fan.

They traded away the potential successor to the GOAT, his entire career will be discussed here, better get used to it.

I understand why the thread was made. All I am
Haha, you’re getting crushed. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that many dislikes in such a short period of time.

It is what it is..lol

Hate the injury factor in football. Just hate it!! Can't ever happen but wouldn't it be cool to go through 1 entire season where every team stays healthy and you could actually see who the best teams really are. So much of football success is determined by who stays away from the big injuries to the impact players.
Too bad for Jimmy G but maybe in the long run this injury will be a blessing in disguise. He needs to learn how to take care of himself on the field, how not to expose himself to injury by taking unnecessary chances and trying to extend plays. The 49'ers weren't going to be very good this season any how and they need to get JG more weapons on offense. Missing this season could be a great learning experience for JG and one that could payoff for years to come.

San Francisco quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo suffered what appears to be a season-ending knee injury when his knee buckled as he tried to cut back inside rather than stepping out of bounds late in Sunday’s loss to the Chiefs. Kansas City linebacker Justin Houston says Garoppolo has no one to blame but himself.

“That was his fault,” Houston said. “I pray he’s not hurt, nothing serious, but as a quarterback you should step out of bounds. It was only an inch. That inch wouldn’t have made a difference. You got the yardage you need, you step out of bounds. You got to be smart.”

Justin Houston: Jimmy G’s injury was his fault, be smart and step out of bounds

I see it this way.

Jimmy "scrambling" did not cause the injury.

Jimmy's effort to gain a few extra yards and leaving his head and right shoulder exposed to a defensive player coming at him full bore was bad judgement.

Yeah, pretty much. At some point Jimmy was going to have to learn to play a little more safely against NFL-caliber defenders. Risk/reward is a factor in quarterbacking, and it's on him to realize that with his role on the team and his contract, he simply has to stay healthy enough to play. The 49ers' season ends if he gets knocked out for the year, and while you can't prevent all injuries, you not only can minimize that risk but you have a responsibility to do so. Jeopardizing the whole team's season to get an extra half-yard and look like a badass who doesn't back down is just doing a disservice to his team. And it seems like most young QBs don't realize this until they suffer a major injury, so this is basically just par for the course.

It's a shame that it took this, but in the long term I don't think it will be of much consequence as long as he learns from it and he'll probably be fine.

Torn ACL - confirmed.

hope he can come back next year and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back