PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

Stay away from the NHL right now..it's all over the place and killed me. Done until playoffs.

Stay away from the NHL right now..it's all over the place and killed me. Done until playoffs.
What’s going on? Lots of dogs and upsets? I’ve been holding out for the beisbol.

Just a follow up here... I read the FBI’s legal filing in this case, and it’s hilarious how it tries to protect the identity of the victims.

For example, the filing never mentions Edelman by name with the Super Bowl 53 wager, but it says a New England Patriots player “J.E.” Hell, at that point they may as well have called him “J.E.11”. :D

Ditto Patriots player “R.G.” from SB53 as well. Which reminds me, if I was a scrawny,
good for nothing gambling addict (which some would say I am) then I think the last thing I would do would be to threaten Rob Gronkowski physically. Bit of a mismatch there...

Just a follow up here... I read the FBI’s legal filing in this case, and it’s hilarious how it tries to protect the identity of the victims.

For example, the filing never mentions Edelman by name with the Super Bowl 53 wager, but it says a New England Patriots player “J.E.” Hell, at that point they may as well have called him “J.E.11”. :D

Ditto Patriots player “R.G.” from SB53 as well. Which reminds me, if I was a scrawny,
good for nothing gambling addict (which some would say I am) then I think the last thing I would do would be to threaten Rob Gronkowski physically. Bit of a mismatch there...

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence. Patz the putz should be made a serious example of pour encourager les autres if nothing else. Over 300 separate athletes threats, including some to amateurs, the vile little dweeb is beyond disgusting.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence. Patz the putz should be made a serious example of pour encourager les autres if nothing else. Over 300 separate athletes threats, including some to amateurs, the vile little dweeb is beyond disgusting.
If we want to talk about the law, things like threats and conspiring to commit crimes are not protected speech. So it goes beyond a consequence like losing your job. As Putz is learning, you can go to jail for such things.

The guy was a moron. He thought he was being clever by creating an Instagram burner account, but he registered for it using his real e-mail address (which was his name) and real phone number.

Lol!

If we want to talk about the law, things like threats and conspiring to commit crimes are not protected speech. So it goes beyond a consequence like losing your job. As Putz is learning, you can go to jail for such things.

The guy was a moron. He thought he was being clever by creating an Instagram burner account, but he registered for it using his real e-mail address (which was his name) and real phone number.

I'm not talking about the law but rather the misconceptions of all the fools that think they can say anything. Obviously criminal threatening has nothing to do with protected speech under the First Amendment, lol.

What’s going on? Lots of dogs and upsets? I’ve been holding out for the beisbol.

Teams that you didn't think would be there or surge like this...are. Wild started like 8-21 now in the race. Flyers tied with Caps in metro. Buffalo has been impossible to bet on or against. TB lost 4 in a row not long ago after winning 11 in a row. It's all screwy right now.

I put $300 on bruins winning cup a month ago at like +600. They still have the best odds at +500.

But right now? Flyers at +1200 is a steal and worth a few bucks. Peaking at the perfect time after being meh all year. Pens also +1200 which I like. I think the winner is coming out of the east.

Last edited:
Teams that you didn't think would be there or surge like this...are. Wild started like 8-21 now in the race. Flyers tied with Caps in metro. Buffalo has been impossible to bet on or against. TB lost 4 in a row not long ago after winning 11 in a row. It's all screwy right now.

I put $300 on bruins winning cup a month ago at like +600. They still have the best odds at +500.

But right now? Flyers at +1200 is a steal and worth a few bucks. Peaking at the perfect time after being meh all year. Pens also +1200 which I like. I think the winner is coming out of the east.
I bought two 100 dollar tickets last spring for San Jose (lost in conference finals) and Boston (lost in Stanley Cup finals), so hopefully I’m due for a winner this year! :)

Just noticed that the futures total for NEP number of wins for next season is moderately favored (-125) to go UNDER the 10.5 win total. Yikes.

If you choose over the 10.5 win total, you can get it at my book at +103.

After a heart breaking 1st round beat with Rory and then a heartbreaking 2nd and 3rd place finish with Im and Leishman, it was another week of losing 6.75 units. I think that puts me up at about 9 units on the year.

The Players Championship
Out right win bets
I usually play a lot of guys here because of a certain angle that I like

Justin Thomas risk 1.5 units (+1400)
Webb Simpson risk .75 units (+2800)
Gary woodland .5 unit (+4000)
Adam Scott .75 units (+3300)
Patrick Reed .75 units (+3300)
Stenson .25 units (+8000)
OOsthuizen .25 units (+8000)
Lowry .25 units (+9000)
Furyk .15 units (+15000)
McDowell .15 units (+20000)
Walker .15 units (+20000)
Dufner .1 units (+30000)
Zach johnson .1 units (+30000)
Sung Jae I’m 1 unit (+2800)
first round leader
Rory mcilroy 1 unit (+2000)
Justin Thomas .75 units (+2800)
Webb Simpson .5 units (+4000)
Adam Scott .5 units (+4000)
finishing position
Webb Simpson 21st or better to win 2.5 units (-120
Adam Scott 25th or better to win 2.5 units (-125)

another edit: forgot to type in Rory top 5 +200 risk 1 unit
couple of edits and adds this morning after I had some extra money in bovada

Last edited:
Boom! Going to cash my win ticket. :)

—-

Prop Bet 232
Will @fightingirish595 bet on The Players Championship (and every sporting event in western civilization)?

Yes -10000000
Bet $100,000.00 to win $100,000.10

—-

Welp everything’s been canceled. This really sucks. I’m also out of work because I work in a school .
I think all I have left is horse racing and ant racing

Welp everything’s been canceled. This really sucks. I’m also out of work because I work in a school .

Online poker probably just hit a surge in popularity.

Online poker probably just hit a surge in popularity.
My book at FanDuel is offering an in-site credit up to 200 for losses incurred within the first 24 hours on table games. They’ll draw some people in that way.

Charlatan and Nadal run tomorrow 2 horses with some serious derby chances. Not vs each other though different tracks.

Last edited:
look on the bright side...you clowns can always cross dress and stand on a dimly lit street corner puffing a cig while wearing red heels and a black mini...any port in a storm the sailors used to say...

look on the bright side...you clowns can always cross dress and stand on a dimly lit street corner puffing a cig while wearing red heels and a black mini...any port in a storm the sailors used to say...
I feel like this could be directed at one specific poster, but I won’t mention any names.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back