PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

Houston +7.5 +200 Seattle +3 +$150 and I've got nothing else going. Thinking about LAC -6 tonight and Det +4 tomorrow. Thoughts?

Took Saints +1.5 and now have Cowboys -7. Saints paid off and I get to route doubly hard against the Jets. Good day so far.

Houston +7.5 +200 Seattle +3 +$150 and I've got nothing else going. Thinking about LAC -6 tonight and Det +4 tomorrow. Thoughts?

I like Detroit, they play tight games. I like them to win but a home and home split with the Packers seems more likely. I can definitely see this being a 1 or 2 point game. The Steelers have an undrafted rookie starting at QB tonight. So 6 looks pretty good from where I am sitting.

I like Detroit, they play tight games. I like them to win but a home and home split with the Packers seems more likely. I can definitely see this being a 1 or 2 point game. The Steelers have an undrafted rookie starting at QB tonight. So 6 looks pretty good from where I am sitting.

I am definitely seeing it the same way you are. LAC number just seems low and that always makes me wonder what I am missing. The GB number dropping just seems like the usual GB national money coming in.

I am definitely seeing it the same way you are. LAC number just seems low and that always makes me wonder what I am missing. The GB number dropping just seems like the usual GB national money coming in.

So much for that, went against my picker as well. Which is 9-4 ATS so far this week.

So much for that, went against my picker as well. Which is 9-4 ATS so far this week.

The more I thought about it the more confusing the line and game looked to me and I didn't feel comfortable pulling the trigger. I took the +4 on Detroit while it was there last night since GB's line usually drops on game day but only for $50

Hit CAR, NO, SEA, SF and an in-game wager on the Houston Astros, yesterday. Both CAR and SF were straight up moneyline bets.

Lost PHI and LAC.

I like the Heat tonight -3.5 over the Hawks.

I learned a valuable lesson about accepting bonuses on these online sites. Never gonna do that **** again.

I learned a valuable lesson about accepting bonuses on these online sites. Never gonna do that **** again.
What’s the lesson learned, man?

accepting the bonuses (atleast on bovada) can’t hurt you. However the rollover stipulations are absurd. You have to bet a ton just to be able to withdraw it

Green Bay just dropped to -2.5. So that number is very favorable to them.

Green Bay home, better 3rd down defense, better QB, better at taking it away and protecting the ball, Detroit one of the most penalized teams in league and Green Bay one of the more disciplined teams. I’ll take my chances -170

That's steep. I took Det +3.5 @ -105. This feels like a FG game or less. Maybe we can middle it...cheers

accepting the bonuses (atleast on bovada) can’t hurt you. However the rollover stipulations are absurd. You have to bet a ton just to be able to withdraw it

I think it's mostly the principle that my money is locked. So right now if I had a medical emergency tough ****ing luck, I have to wait.

I'm a low volume gambler. 2 times a week during football season is a lot for me so having to turn it over, what, 5x, means it'll take a minute.

Green Bay just dropped to -2.5. So that number is very favorable to them.

Green Bay home, better 3rd down defense, better QB, better at taking it away and protecting the ball, Detroit one of the most penalized teams in league and Green Bay one of the more disciplined teams. I’ll take my chances -170

This is one of those games where I'm too excited to root for one team to want to bet the other way.

But I do like that bet, which I guess is the kiss of death for your bet, now that I think about it.

I said we would see Tannehill replace Mariota by week 8. I was a little off :)

What a battle of frustrating, inconsistent quarterbacks.

I said we would see Tannehill replace Mariota by week 8. I was a little off :)

What a battle of frustrating, inconsistent quarterbacks.

So how much did you win on the prop?

So how much did you win on the prop?

A pat on the back. Going to cash in soon with all the others.

(In seriousness I love to pick games but don’t actually gamble for personal reasons. I’ve seen it’s ugly side a lot. This leads to a lot of boasts for hits and forgetting on misses.)

Spread tonight is Green Bay -3.5. Thoughts? This isn’t a HUGE confidence pick, but I definitely like GB to cover.

Have Lions ML (+165) and the over.

I felt like everyone would be picking GB when Detroit is pretty good and Packers and Rodgers are overrated.

Defiantly like Stafford in this one and so far it looks good. Just keep it going baby

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back