PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

So lots of confidence in the Pats at -17? I'm thinking of placing a not-negligible bet on that.
Patriots games are tough to get a solid read on around here, since we’re all biased. Good luck if that’s what you decide to do. :)

Oh yeah, there's definitely money to be made. Many are the (college) dollars I have won on the strength of fellas such as Ben Roethlisberger, Byron Leftwich, Timmy Chang and Colin Kaepernick. Northern Illinois was a big favorite of mine until Coach Doeren went to NC State. Some of my earliest gambling memories involved the late, great Coach Tiller at Wyoming before he went to Purdue.

Having said that... tonight I am big on Over 56 in Syracuse/NC State. Weather should be clear in Raleigh and Syracuse has a speedy hurry up offense. They either score very quick or punt very quick. Lot of possessions for each team. If it wins I'll change my avatar to:

source.gif
Man I suck at this. :( :( :(

Ugh. Total is up to 42.5 now. I’m hoping that it pours all night. Lol.

Just got reminded in the GDT, as previously stated I did bite on the under so we are om opposite sides on that one

And this is why I bet a maximum of 5 unders a year

Just got reminded in the GDT, as previously stated I did bite on the under so we are om opposite sides on that one
I took the under too, based on the idea that the weather would be worse. That’s why I had hoped that it would pour buckets.

I started worrying this afternoon when the forecast had cleared and everyone was jumping on the over. It went up two full points over the course of the day. We didn’t bet on the game, we bet on the weather.

I took the under too, based on the idea that the weather would be worse. That’s why I had hoped that it would pour buckets.

I started worrying this afternoon when the forecast had cleared and everyone was jumping on the over. It went up two full points over the course of the day. We didn’t bet on the game, we bet on the weather.

I misunderstood you. Yeah definitely bet the weather and you'd think after all these years living here I would have known better

I misunderstood you. Yeah definitely bet the weather and you'd think after all these years living here I would have known better
Weather can be tricky. No doubt. I’m thinking that maybe next time I’ll hold off until closer to kickoff. My losing wagers are like an after school TV special. I like to find a lesson in there, somewhere. :D

Another Patriots turnover. 4th down stop and missed FG are turnovers. This offense is a mess. Josh is not helping.

Feel bad for anyone had the under. Over had no business hitting in this game. Yet depending on the line you got, it did

Feel bad for anyone had the under. Over had no business hitting in this game. Yet depending on the line you got, it did
@maust1013 and I had one last hope going before the fumble return. It was like a no-hitter. I didn’t want to bring it up. Lol.

@maust1013 and I had one last hope going before the fumble return. It was like a no-hitter. I didn’t want to bring it up. Lol.

Hope for the under isn't dead yet there's still a half point of wiggle room. The problem is I've got $50 on the under and $200 on the Pats -14.5. So yeah, screw the under

Only down like $30 because of all these freebies Bovada gives you. At this point given how banged up our offense is and how bad its been I'll take that all day long.

Ha. Yes, and 52% isn’t going to get you anything but empty pockets as it pertains to wagering money on sports.

Ha. Yes, and 52% isn’t going to get you anything but empty pockets as it pertains to wagering money on sports.
Quite honestly, 52% would be a huge improvement for me this season. It's just not my year. :(:(

Quite honestly, 52% would be a huge improvement for me this season. It's just not my year. :(:(
Are you talking about NCAA football? I had to learn to lay off college football rather quickly. I know that there are a couple/few guys here that see success with it, but in my opinion, it’s the most difficult and unpredictable market to try to beat. Now, I just skip the sport altogether. I’m just not very good with it, and I have no problem admitting that.

As far as wanting action every day, I think that most of us can relate, but that’s probably going to provide nothing more than short-lived entertainment (or distraction from life), without showing much profit. Just sharing my personal experience, since I believe that we can use this thread for picking each other up and sharing a more disciplined approach in an attempt at improving our odds. Maybe try and go back to picking a couple/few games on Sunday and go from there (?) Lots of time left in the season.

Are you talking about NCAA football? I had to learn to lay off college football rather quickly. I know that there are a couple/few guys here that see success with it, but in my opinion, it’s the most difficult and unpredictable market to try to beat. Now, I just skip the sport altogether. I’m just not very good with it, and I have no problem admitting that.
I have always done better with NCAA (until this year, that is). The lines in the NCAA are much more inaccurate and therefore, IMHO, more beatable.

Anyways, I'll be going for the (almost) golden sombrero tonight to cap off my 0-3 week by taking Oregon Over. If you want to make a fortune, just fade my picks....

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back