PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

Took Oregon- 7 1Q and -14 1st half

I have always done better with NCAA (until this year, that is). The lines in the NCAA are much more inaccurate and therefore, IMHO, more beatable.

Anyways, I'll be going for the (almost) golden sombrero tonight to cap off my 0-3 week by taking Oregon Over. If you want to make a fortune, just fade my picks....
I realize that many feel that way regarding NCAA spreads, (and I actually think that about college hoops), but I think the inexperience of the kids and some of their boneheaded mistakes offset that positive. The injury aspect is also more difficult for me to get a good grasp on. It just seems too unpredictable for my liking. Maybe I’m just being a snob. At any rate, there have been many who have done well with that market, but I am not one of them.

For this season, I gave it two weeks. After my second week of picking poorly at college football, I gave up. Let someone else worry about covering a 36 point spread. It just seems like a harder angle to me, and I don’t need that hassle.

I took Texas +10 and Duke -17.5 both at -110

I have about 3 Parlays today...4 tomorrow.

Luckily the Pats covered and the over hit Thursday to fund these. Need 1 or 2 to hit

My $20 bucks on Tennessee (+180) and Purdue (+160) would make my Saturday

Won the 1st two bets then took Georgia 2nd half and lost. Only loss of the day so far. Took Clemson 1st half -17.5
Wisconsin 2nd half -4
Iowa St -10
And have LA Tech 1st half -19.5

4-1 hopefully 5-1 if Iowa St can hold on here.

Edit: also took ND -9.5 after the by USC. Meant to take them at -10.5 before kickoff but got distracted. 6-1 Today not bad...cheers

Last edited:
And here is week 6. The Cowboys - Jets pick has me doing a double take, but them's the stats!

View attachment 24569

Top picks based on the differential:
Steelers +6 at Chargers
49ers +3 at Rams
Texans +4 at Chiefs
Jets +7 vs Cowboys

Next tier:
Dolphins +4.5 vs Washington
Eagles +3.5 at Minnesota

I think I will work on some parlays and teasers from this group. Lot of road dogs and inconsistent teams though.

799E6553-DE8D-4DDC-B55D-AFEE16156737.png 19676863-28ED-4762-BF79-8976178A7B3F.png

Also have an If bet starting with Dallas -6.5 to win 100
If that hits I also get pats -16.5 to win 50
And the. Vikings ML to win 50

Took Houston +7.5 and Seattle +3 early, wish I'd had the good judgement to do the same with SF but honestly thought that number would get bigger not smaller :mad:

y’all like Houston huh? Houston scored 50 last week. There’s an angle that’s been around for a while that a team who scores 50 doesn’t cover the next week. It’s actually 2-0 this year so far. I expect Kc to be much better this week than last and they get hill back today too. So that’s my thinking with KC today. Just Need ML though! So hope you guys hit your spread and KC wins by 3!

y’all like Houston huh? Houston scored 50 last week. There’s an angle that’s been around for a while that a team who scores 50 doesn’t cover the next week. It’s actually 2-0 this year so far. I expect Kc to be much better this week than last and they get hill back today too. So that’s my thinking with KC today. Just Need ML though! So hope you guys hit your spread and KC wins by 3!

Watson is a monster and Mahomes is not 100%. Chiefs are missing quality pieces on OL and DL.

I don't so much like Houston as I did the early spread.

My falcons future to win the SB is dead. I’m throwing something on Carolina lmao

Didn't take any 1pm games. I have 49ers +3 and Titans +1

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back