PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former Jets employee Goodell engineers Super Bowl being held there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Former Jets Employee Goodell engineers Super Bowl being held there.

superbowls should be played in warm stadiums or domes.

Football is a sport meant to be played in a variety of climates. Do I like the idea of the Jets/Giants getting any type of support, anywhere? No. But I do like that the Super Bow will be played with the same weather issues as any regular season game. People naturally assume that it would give a cold weather team (Pats, Packers, Steelers, etc.) and advantage but who is to say that two cold weather teams would not be in the big game. Pats/Packers perhaps? Also, when was the last time a team played a Super Bowl in their home stadium? This gives us the promise that the Jets/Giants won't be in the game that year. I can live with that.

All I have to say is that I hope the Patriots are in the game and that it is snowing ;)

Man, i would LOVE for the pats to win that SB, HAHA

right in their own backyards, it would really be something special for us

If I were to win free tickets to the game I would sell them and throw a Superbowl party with the money instead.

I hope there's a huge blizzard in the early morning hours before the game followed by high winds and minus-50 windchill, and fewer than 10,000 people make it to the stadium. Would they play the game? Or, would they move it to Monday night or the next weekend?

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. Part of the lure of a Super Bowl is having it in a warm-weather location. Did I say this is stupid? I don't want to see the weather play a role in the championship game.

Last edited:

You want to blame the earth for having weather? Perhaps you don't like the 23.5 degree tilt the axis is on? It's not rocket science. You do not count out a potential venue because it might rain or it might snow, it might be sunny, it might be windy or it might be absolutely perfect football conditions.

I'm surprised somebody hasn't tried to sue the earth because they want summer all year round and winter interferes with their tanning agenda.

I'm confused? :confused: I thought you thought the SB shouldn't be in a cold climate, im for it being in New York.

I'm confused? :confused: I thought you thought the SB shouldn't be in a cold climate, im for it being in New York.
You're fine. I understood your original post perfectly.

Jetdell is doing exactly what I predicted he would do...two years ago...this is an organized criminal conspiracy going on and Ratdell is right in the middle of it.I expect all kinds of mindblowing "officials calls" as the 2014 season progresses, in favor of both the G-Men and the Rats. We'll see...but Jetdell has set up the groundwork.

Weather should never be a determining factor in awarding a Superbowl. That's blaming nature for well... being nature.

I don't get this argument. Weather has helped determined NFL seedings, and also who PLAYS in the superbowl. (Most recent the freezing Giants vs. Packers NFCCG).

If weather can influence conference championships, it can't influence superbowl champions?

Read the bold again patsinthesnow ;)

Superbowl has become more than just a game. It is 2 weeks full of festive, shows, entertainment, media, ect.... Detroit's weather ruined all the pre-superbowl activities and wont be played there anymore. This will happen again in NY and will be one and done. The experiment with cold city's hosting the SB will and should end in 2014. Sure football should be played in all elements, but this is the biggest sporting venue in the world besides the world cup. Why have weather be a factor. Guess Vegas now has a chance to host a SB, time for Mayor Goodman to build that big stadium he's been talking about.

Jetdell is doing exactly what I predicted he would do...two years ago...this is an organized criminal conspiracy going on and Ratdell is right in the middle of it.I expect all kinds of mindblowing "officials calls" as the 2014 season progresses, in favor of both the G-Men and the Rats. We'll see...but Jetdell has set up the groundwork.
If you honestly believe that, then why do you even follow the sport in the first place?

Superbowl has become more than just a game. It is 2 weeks full of festive, shows, entertainment, media, ect....
Ironically, you just described the things I hate most about the modern day Super Bowl. Maybe this will help the focus be more on the game and less on the Maxim Super Bowl party.

Superbowl has become more than just a game. It is 2 weeks full of festive, shows, entertainment, media, ect.... Detroit's weather ruined all the pre-superbowl activities and wont be played there anymore. This will happen again in NY and will be one and done. The experiment with cold city's hosting the SB will and should end in 2014. Sure football should be played in all elements, but this is the biggest sporting venue in the world besides the world cup. Why have weather be a factor. Guess Vegas now has a chance to host a SB, time for Mayor Goodman to build that big stadium he's been talking about.

I think you are on to one thing here...We won't see another cold weather city awarded a Super Bowl until we see how this one pans out. If NY/NJ goes off without a hitch, I could see a city like Chicago, Philly, DC, or even Baltimore getting a Super Bowl. However, we are years away from them even being considered.

for "Wolfpack"

I notice you deny and go to great lengths to defend every single decision Das Green Commissar makes...you are a Jet fan, correct??

Last edited:
for "Wolfpack"

I notice you deny and go to great lengths to defend every single decision Das Green Commissar makes...you are a Jet fan, correct??
You have got to be joking, both about me always defending the commissioner and about me being a Jets fan. Anyone even remotely familiar with my posting history knows how laughable both those statements are.

hey, i just heard that New York was awarded the Super Bowl...Congrats to the Buffalo Bills, they must be excited.

on a side note, who the hell would want to even attempt to attend the Super Bowl if it was in Foxboro...the traffic alone would be a nightmare.

I was just informed that the Pro bowl will be held in Saskatchewan...sweet!

Last edited:
hey, i just heard that New York was awarded the Super Bowl...Congrats to the Buffalo Bills, they must be excited.

on a side note, who the hell would want to even attempt to attend the Super Bowl if it was in Foxboro...the traffic alone would be a nightmare.
They probably would close Rte 1 to unauthorized traffic and make satellite parking mandatory for all the common folk.

New Orleans every, single blessed year until I die and after that I don't give a $%^& if they play it in Thule, Greenland on a glacier.

Yeah, I'm sure this is all one big huge orchestration by Roger Goodell to stick it to the Patriots. That one whole year he spent interning for the Jets created such a hatred of New England that he decided to become commissioner so he could exact his revenge. :rolleyes: Heck, he even brainwashed Bob Kraft into voting for it!

I love this decision for a whole bunch of reasons:

1) Contrary to the above post, it does increase the chances, however slim, that Gillette gets a future Super Bowl.

2) I love hearing the media whine and cry like a bunch of little girls

3) Football should be played outside in the elements. I am sick of the over-sanitizing of the game every year for the Super Bowl.

4) Unless Gillette does indeed get a Super Bowl, this is likely the closest it will ever be to where I live. For the first time in my life, it is entirely realistic to do a day trip to the NFL Experience (NOTE: Yes, I know they've had the "NFL Experience" in Massachusetts, but speaking as someone who went to that exhibition as well as to a Super Bowl "NFL Experience" trust me when I say they are not the same).

Hmmm. So when they said "one time basis only" they meant except for when they have it in New England later.

Guess the rest of us can't read between the lines like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes