PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eagles fans want Hobbs out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then if you're aware of it, you must also be aware that your position is completely nonsensical. Or perhaps you aren't.

His position is fine. Even if Hobbs were sucking like a new and improved Hoover in Philly, which he's not, that wouldn't automatically translate to his play in a Patriots uniform.

His position is fine. Even if Hobbs were sucking like a new and improved Hoover in Philly, which he's not, that wouldn't automatically translate to his play in a Patriots uniform.

Hobbs has been terrible in Philly this season. I'm not even sure how you could argue otherwise.

Hobbs has been terrible in Philly this season. I'm not even sure how you could argue otherwise.

:confused2:
Probably because I've watched the games.

:confused2:
Probably because I've watched the games.

Right. If you had, you'd know what basically everyone else knows: that he sucks. Whether we'd be able to get anything out of him that Philly hasn't is another matter entirely.

Right. If you had, you'd know what basically everyone else knows: that he sucks. Whether we'd be able to get anything out of him that Philly hasn't is another matter entirely.

Great. Thanks for verifying what I'd thought. You haven't watched the games.

Great. Thanks for verifying what I'd thought. You haven't watched the games.

Yeah, okay Deus. Whatever you say. The lone voice of reason strikes again!

Yeah, okay Deus. Whatever you say. The lone voice of reason strikes again!

The irony of you posting that about anyone is not lost. You've become the captain of the lame one-line bash. It's been odd to see, too, since the team has been winning despite its many flaws, and you'd be expected to be basking in that glory rather than just sniping. In this case, however, you're just spouting nonsense which, unfortunately, has also become more common for you of late.

The analyst noticed that the main problem was with the safeties in that Titans game, for example. If you'd watched the game, perhaps you might have done the same.

Last edited:
The irony of you posting that about anyone is not lost. You've become the captain of the lame one-line bash. It's been odd to see, too, since the team has been winning despite its many flaws, and you'd be expected to be basking in that glory rather than just sniping. In this case, however, you're just spouting nonsense which, unfortunately, has also become more common for you of late.

The analyst noticed that the main problem was with the safeties in that Titans game, for example. If you'd watched the game, perhaps you might have done the same.

Since you've ordained me the "captain of the lame one-line bash," I'll just say it's a wonder why you have the reputation on this board that you do. I almost wish I could say that this was an aberration, but unfortunately your attitude toward other posters on this forum has remained a constant the entire time I've been here. And I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Since you've ordained me the "captain of the lame one-line bash," I'll just say it's a wonder why you have the reputation on this board that you do. I almost wish I could say that this was an aberration, but unfortunately your attitude toward other posters on this forum has remained a constant the entire time I've been here. And I'll leave it at that.

You should have left it over a month ago, when we first had a discussion similar to this. You were in the wrong then, and you're in the wrong now. What's funny is that PWP is a very pro-Patriots kind of poster, yet you busted his ass about something you got wrong, and then chose to double down on your mistake with me, rather than just acknowledge your error.

You should have left it over a month ago, when we first had a discussion similar to this. You were in the wrong then, and you're in the wrong now. What's funny is that PWP is a very pro-Patriots kind of poster, yet you busted his ass about something you got wrong, and then chose to double down on your mistake with me, rather than just acknowledge your error.

See, that's the funny thing, Deus. You have the luxury of never being wrong, because you can summarily dismiss anyone else's opinion to the contrary. You've had this very interaction with numerous posters here, many of whom now simply ignore you or avoid interacting with you because you it's the same thing every time, like clockwork. Since this keeps happening to you, you would think a modicum of self-awareness would cause you to examine your behavior. Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be in the cards.

I'd apologize to PWP if it came off like I was "busting his ass," which was certainly unintentional. As to the subject of Hobbs, my opinion of his talents is not informed solely or even that substantially by the Titans game (compounded by poor safety play). I know you're incapable of accommodating diverging opinions so we'll leave it there.

I think most would have concluded that many players that patriots have picked up weren't particulary good in the their recent play for other teams. I would put lots of players in this category including Branch, Warren, Woodhead, Moss, Banta-Cain, McGowan, Vrabel, and even Welker.

Just because Hobbs isn't playing well for Philly is not a compelling reason to believe that he could have no useful role for the patriots. I would take Hobbs as our nickel or dime back in a heartbeat. We should understand that in several games James Sanders has been a nickel or dime back.

Even you are satisfied with Arrington, surely you might consider than Hobbs might be a better nickel or dime than what we now have on the field.

I wouldn't go as far to say hobbs is playing well for the eagles. He is adequate but he will still struggle with the same things he struggled with while in NE.

When his back is to the QB he is usually not able to turn and defend the ball especially @ his size. He just isn't instinctive enough to make that play consistently. The play against Burress for example(which I don't completely blame hobbs for because he wasn't 100% and he shouldn't have been matched up on burress 1-1 anyhow). But it's not just his size because he is athletic enough to make up for that it's more about his intangibles.

I for one wouldn't mind him back as a 3rd or 4th guy in the future. But when bodden is healthy he is not a LCB just like arrington isn't one.

See, that's the funny thing, Deus. You have the luxury of never being wrong, because you can summarily dismiss anyone else's opinion to the contrary. You've had this very interaction with numerous posters here, many of whom now simply ignore you or avoid interacting with you because you it's the same thing every time, like clockwork. Since this keeps happening to you, you would think a modicum of self-awareness would cause you to examine your behavior. Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Actually, this thread is a perfect example of why I tend to ignore people making comments like your own. You were cracking at PWP, yet you're calling me out for noting it, after I'd initially just posted to side with PWP without any hostility towards you. Indeed, my response had no reference to you at all:

You could have accommodated "diverging opinions" right there. You could have looked for some data to back your claim. You could have pulled back a bit and said something like "maybe I was over the top, but I'm not a fan". You could have done any number of things along those lines. Instead, your version of accommodating "diverging opinions" included this line:

. I'm not even sure how you could argue otherwise.

Now, you're entitled to your opinion, but such a line is not exactly accommodating to those "diverging opinions". That's fine. I've used similar language in the past. I just try not to be hypocritical about it, particularly in the very thread I've written it.

One of the things that happens on boards, and happens a lot on this board, is that people think they're entitled to make whatever statements they want to, without repercussions, and that they can critique the opinions and comments of others without allowing for equal treatment of their pronouncements. They can't handle the concept of a message board, which is that you're welcome to put your opinion in the public field, but that others are also welcome to comment on that opinion.

As for people ignoring me, why is that supposed to be a problem? I ignore a lot of people myself. This isn't an intimate family of four, here, where we have to all get along and sing campfire songs.

I'd apologize to PWP if it came off like I was "busting his ass," which was certainly unintentional. As to the subject of Hobbs, my opinion of his talents is not informed solely or even that substantially by the Titans game (compounded by poor safety play). I know you're incapable of accommodating diverging opinions so we'll leave it there.

The "worst" I said about you was that you were posting without having watched the games. You then decided to fire off with that personal "voice of reason" attack. Somehow, though, in your mind, you think I'm the bad guy in the scenario, and that I'm the one who can't handle the diverging opinion. Brilliant!

Last edited:
Hobbs was a very tough kid. He was a good return man but his coverage skills were in question. His 5,9 size didnt help either.

Now, you're entitled to your opinion, but such a line is not exactly accommodating to those "diverging opinions". That's fine. I've used similar language in the past. I just try not to be hypocritical about it, particularly in the very thread I've written it.

It isn't hypocritical at all. All that quoted statement confers is an expression of incredulity, as well as a tacit invitation for you to flesh out your position. Which you chose not to do.

Hobbs was a very tough kid. He was a good return man but his coverage skills were in question. His 5,9 size didnt help either.

I tend to agree with this sentiment. Seeing the Britt highlight video just reinforces what I remember about Hobbs when he played for us: missed tackles, wrong positioning, etc.

I wish him the best though, I loved him when he was in New England.

Hobbs sucks and Samuel is overrated as hell.

Do you really think BB would give up a solid #2 corner and a exellent return man for 2 5th round picks? Because that's what they got for Hobbs.

He should not be starting in this league

That trade was just one of a few mistakes from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST