PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eagles fans want Hobbs out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbs looked awful in zone. I always thought Hobbs did ok staying with recievers in one on one situations but was terrible at playing the ball.

They were wanting Samuel gone last year too.

It's Philly. Two weeks ago, they wanted Asante's head on a Pike. This week, it's Hobbs and McDermott.

It's strikingly similar to the way Patriots fans treat their whipping boys.

If they want him out that badly then I, for one, would be happy to have him back.

Eagles fans always seemed a bit irrational and crazy to me. I give them points for their passion, no doubt about that. But they don't always make the greatest of decisions. Philly fans tend to turn on all of their superstars, from Barkley to Iverson and now McNabb, a guy they booed during the draft.

Then again, I shouldn't really criticize since there are a ton of posters wanting to trade Brady because of his hair cut and his supermodel wife...

whaattt??????:confused:

Pass x 85.........

He is brutal:rofl:

Hobbs got way too much flak on this forum. He was a solid #2 corner and excellent return man. So, yeah, I would be happy to have him back.

While his defensive skills were always up and down, you can't argue that he usually got some good field position in kickoffs.

Hobbs looks like he's been liking the buffet line a bit too much.

Hilarious some treat Hobbs here like a leper when our alternatives are Arrington and Butler.

Hobbs did a fantastic job of playing the ball without looking at the receiver. Take that for what it's worth.

I'd take Hobbs back. Another corner who knows the system and would slide in behind Bodden and McCourty, no to mention a kick off and punt returner to compliment Tate and Edlebinkie.

Hobbs looked awful in zone. I always thought Hobbs did ok staying with recievers in one on one situations but was terrible at playing the ball.

Hobbs was horrible period. Only thing the guy was good for was kick returns.....

I don't see how Hobbs would be worse than some of the lower CB options on the roster, and he was a decent kickoff returner option.

I'm not sure I would want him as a #2 CB, but I'd like to see him in nickel/dime roles. Never really did understand the strong negative feelings for him.

I wouldn't take him back. He is what he is, a below average corner. At least our group of guys are young and have room to grow. He wouldn't even be the kickoff guy with Tate here now. And in the Pre season, McCourty looked good at kick returns.

Last edited:
Hobbs did a fantastic job of playing the ball without looking at the receiver. Take that for what it's worth.

I agree, I thought he was very tight in coverage. the safety was very late. Britt just made a great catch

I wouldn't take him back. He is what he is, a below average corner. At least our group of guys are young and have room to grow. He wouldn't even be the kickoff guy with Tate here now. And in the Pre season, McCourty looked good at kick returns.
Hobbs isn't a below average corner.

Of course they want him out. If Ellis Hobbs is starting or playing significant time for you at CB that is going to be a clear weak spot that you want to upgrade.

As for wanting to bring him back to replace Butler/Arrington - I don't see the benefit of repalcing the young guys who haven't proven to be effective CBs with an older guy who has proven he can't be an effective CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST