PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins Owner Steven Ross Suspended, Picks Forfeited, For Tampering With Brady, Payton

The way Lombardi said it on the podcast was even stronger: "Miami talked about tanking, Philadelphia did it!"

I'm asking straight out. If the Pats and Blount talked, would there be any even mild outrage from the mob?
The "mob" as you call us, as if you are somehow above those of us who are your equal in that we each have an account here, is not relevant.

The question is, rather, would Blount's theoretical team (he is not currently on a roster), file a complaint with the NFL that would trigger an investigation.

The key thing with the Miami Dolphins - Brady tampering question is that it emerged from the Brian Flores race-based hiring/tanking case.

It's essential to keep in mind how many infractions were committed here.

Miami's ownership set in motion all of this by offering to pay Flores to lose games on purpose, a major integrity of the game infraction that would also harm Brian Flores career as a coach - teams look carefully at win-loss records and how teams earned that record. Miami compounded that infraction by refusing to retain Brian Flores, winning coach who is Black and Latino (Brian Flores is Honduran). That was compounded by tampering with Sean Payton who was under contract with the Saints.

People who care about pro football being played on a level field are outraged about the collectivity of this scheme that included many intentional and racist infractions. The Miami ownership should be forced to sell the team. They clearly do not respect the game, the NFL, their own players and coaches, and their fans.

Last edited:
He did play the worst football of his career. Td/int ratio is not the entirety of qb play.

Here are his last 8 games of 2019
163/295 55.2%
1730. 5.86 ypa
216 pass yards per game
10 td
4 int
Passer rating 78.21
Team lost 4 of 8
Scored 17 or less in 4 of 8
And you're contending these numbers happened because Brady had conversations with Miami? LOL!!

Feel free to show me an 8 game stretch ever where he was worse.
2003 when he received NFL MVP votes and they won the Super Bowl he had 8 TDs and 7 INTs weeks 1-8. I also remember a good deal of mediocrity in 2006 and 2013 when he had really bad supporting casts.

Of course you are hurt and of course you are fighting to defend Tom Brady’s moral character. Otherwise you wouldn’t care. Like me you would say Brady is the GOAT, my favorite player ever, gave me as a fan way more than I ever expected but gave up on this team in 2019 and that’s a shame, but it’s who he is. Or who he became. Too many people had his ear and changed him from the gym rat, hardest working, team first, do whatever it takes to win guy, to a guy who “feelings” and “appreciation” and being coached like a diva mattered more to. It’s clear that he listened to the detractors, took offense to not being deified and lost his drive. His comments during that season make it obvious.
I said I'm not bothered by his conversations with Miami because in my opinion those conversations didn't effect the outcome of the 2019 season. The accusations that he quit on his team because he was eyeballing employment with Miami (which never even remotely happened) is bothersome, mainly when it's coming from fans of the team because without Brady those 6 rings don't happen. I don't believe Brady ever lost his drive to play at an optimum level at any point in his career, 2019 or otherwise. And "not being deified" and being offered one-year incentive laden contracts after you're league MVP and winning every other Super Bowl in heroic fashion is not the same. That's what Brady took offense to, the rubbish contracts he was offered by the franchise that HE turned into the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

You said he played the worst football of his career in the second half of the season... his first and second half TD/INT numbers were comparable. Did you actually break down all of his second halves throughout his career? Seems to me you'd have to if you're going to make such a definitive statement.

Was he nursing injuries? You're implying he skipped practices because he was eyeballing the next chapter of his career (in Miami). Which is ridiculous. I'm sure he missed practices because the team was managing his reps while he recovered from various injuries. Sort of like what is done for every player on every team for every season.

Did Brady give them the lead late in the fourth quarter or not? Yes he did. Did the defense fail to stop Fitzpatrick or not? Yes they failed. Did they not sit on 3 timeouts with a minute left in the first half of a tied game? Yes they did... and I'm still waiting for an explanation for this.

The pick six happened from the NE1 with 15 seconds left in the game. It was merely salt in the wound. The story of that game was Derrick Henry's 182 rushing yards against the league's supposed top ranked defense.

And you should go with your initial impression because it's a far more plausible explanation.

I'm pointing out a fact. The calendar turns to December and they suck for 3 years running.

I'm not hurt at all. This bothers me 0%. I don't think Brady's conversations with Miami were of any consequence whatsoever to the 2019 season, which is all that matters to me. He didn't even seriously entertain signing with Miami at that time... he signed with Tampa Bay after having had no serious contract negotiations with Miami. I don't know where you're going with the "moral superiority" bit but my appreciation for Brady has nothing to do with his morals. He's the greatest player of all-time who brought two decades of superiority on the field.

This situation is merely an opportunity for Brady's detractors, which shamefully is a portion of the Patriots fanbase after everything he did for the franchise, to ridicule him with fake outrage.
I'm not a Brady detractor, have been a huge supporter. But I gotta say that all the lying that's been coming out of his camp the past couple of years is disappointing to say the least. When did he first start talking to Ross - was it prior to the 2019 season when he insisted on the no-tag clause? That would be an example of why they don't allow tampering, as it hurts the current team's ability to negotiate and retain a guy.

Also these events a few months ago where he retired from Tampa. That was all a complete lie so he could join Miami. Then when Flores blew the whistle on Miami, another round of lies to come out of retirement and rejoin the Bucs cause he had no place else to go. Pretty bad.

Also these events a few months ago where he retired from Tampa. That was all a complete lie so he could join Miami. Then when Flores blew the whistle on Miami, another round of lies to come out of retirement and rejoin the Bucs cause he had no place else to go. Pretty bad.
Tampa Bay... another franchise that Brady made relevant. Pretty impressive for two seasons. They should be kissing his a** that he's coming back for a third.

And you're contending these numbers happened because Brady had conversations with Miami? LOL!!

2003 when he received NFL MVP votes and they won the Super Bowl he had 8 TDs and 7 INTs weeks 1-8. I also remember a good deal of mediocrity in 2006 and 2013 when he had really bad supporting casts.

I said I'm not bothered by his conversations with Miami because in my opinion those conversations didn't effect the outcome of the 2019 season. The accusations that he quit on his team because he was eyeballing employment with Miami (which never even remotely happened) is bothersome, mainly when it's coming from fans of the team because without Brady those 6 rings don't happen. I don't believe Brady ever lost his drive to play at an optimum level at any point in his career, 2019 or otherwise. And "not being deified" and being offered one-year incentive laden contracts after you're league MVP and winning every other Super Bowl in heroic fashion is not the same. That's what Brady took offense to, the rubbish contracts he was offered by the franchise that HE turned into the greatest dynasty in NFL history.
Im saying when you are having discussions with a competitor team trying to turn you against your own team, and apparently being very successful at it, from comments made at the time and what happened after, and you play thr worst football of your life, it’s probably related.

You have to be kidding with 2003, 2006 and 2013 but lost the stats and we will compare.

So in your mind what he did in 2019 tarnishes what came before. I really disagree with that. Maybe that’s why you refuse to recognize what is blatantly obvious.

Tampa Bay... another franchise that Brady made relevant. Pretty impressive for two seasons. They should be kissing his a** that he's coming back for a third.
they had him over a barrel ... he extended to drop his cap hit... they weaponized that act against him

Because Venenol and Triumph are stupid and their posts are outrageous. Stay away from them, because stupidity’s contagious.
Loop Reaction GIF

It is quite funny to see the new excuse for the 2019 season was that Brady was bad because he was talking to Miami while ignoring again that the skill players/O-line were horrendous.

The reason for their demise shouldn't even be open for debate.

It is quite funny to see the new excuse for the 2019 season was that Brady was bad because he was talking to Miami while ignoring again that the skill players/O-line were horrendous.

The reason for their demise shouldn't even be open for debate.
Also doesn’t explain why the offense wasn’t better then next two years. It’s almost like they had ****ty receivers and the line was up and down.

Also doesn’t explain why the offense wasn’t better then next two years. It’s almost like they had ****ty receivers and the line was up and down.
Cam Newton explains that,but even with him it wasn’t much worse than the 2019 second half. Cam did the same isn’t exactly a feather in anyones cap.
Mac Jones rookie year the patriots score 42 more points than Tom Brady’s last year.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back