PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Celtics / Sixers - Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The Celtics have what they need to compete at full strength. Looking at next years projected starters, you've got three All-Stars and two young wings playing at a high level and who will be All-Stars in the near future.

Then consider the excellent depth they have. We have seen that these guys play together extremely well.

Why blow up a chunk of the team for Davis or Kawhi? I hate it so much.

Largely staying the course is the best move for the next few years. Sure Rozier will walk or be traded but that's a given. Seek Horford's eventual replacement with Sac '19.

Yep. Not to mention that Davis is far less likely to want out of NO now that they've figured out how to play a little.

Yep. Not to mention that Davis is far less likely to want out of NO now that they've figured out how to play a little.
Agreed. I think Davis sticks with NO as long as they continue moving in the right direction.

I sure as hell don't want to trade a bunch of capital for Kawhi either. I'd rather have a bunch of great players who gel with each other than one mega star.

Agreed. I think Davis sticks with NO as long as they continue moving in the right direction.

I sure as hell don't want to trade a bunch of capital for Kawhi either. I'd rather have a bunch of great players who gel with each other than one mega star.
Agree. Between his parasitic agent and uncle, his contract situation and screwed up leg, Danny wont touch Kawhi with a 20ft pole right now.

Does winning one round against a mediocre team before getting swept by the Warriors really do that though?

Some of Leonard's teammates have publicly stated that they don't want him back. That is a huge red flag. Way too many character issues for me to want him here. Not to mention the injury seems to be in his head. There is no guarantee he is ever right again. Reminds me of the Derrick Rose situation.

I can understand him not wanting to come back unless he feels 100%. Look at how the Celtics stabbed IT in the back for putting the team first. He cost himself 100 million. But the way Leonard is doing it says a lot about his character. Not even showing up for the games? While the beloved Spurs coach is grieving the death of his wife? It just says a lot about the type of man this guy is.

Judging them based off of this season is foolishness.

What else can you judge them on except the present??... The fact is right now Tatum is a better choice than Fultz. Cannot imagine the Celtics without Tatum currently.

That may change in the future, but it does speak volumes that the 76'ers do not have all that much confidence in Fultz's game right now...

What else can you judge them on except the present??... The fact is right now Tatum is a better choice than Fultz. Cannot imagine the Celtics without Tatum currently.

That may change in the future, but it does speak volumes that the 76'ers do not have all that much confidence in Fultz's game right now...
I think it is pretty clear that the shoulder injury screwed Fultz up early on and he seems to have hit a mental road block to where they just don't trust him on the court yet.

Needless to say that is not a good sign at all for Fultz. BUT it could certainly change. He definitely has the talent. I'd say Fultz deserves another half season to see if he makes significant strides before we seriously consider him a bust.

I will say that Tatum is exactly what the 76ers could use. A NBA ready wing with a ton of potential. I think he would have been a much better fit for them than Fultz.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Does winning one round against a mediocre team before getting swept by the Warriors really do that though?
Well, you're assuming they'll get swept. But second, if you watched how they played, it was a night and day difference.

In any case, count me among the people who don't want them to gut the team to get Davis (which is what it would take). That's how you end up where the Pelicans have been the past few years.

Well, you're assuming they'll get swept. But second, if you watched how they played, it was a night and day difference.

In any case, count me among the people who don't want them to gut the team to get Davis (which is what it would take). That's how you end up where the Pelicans have been the past few years.

I love Tatum. And Brown has been really surprising me the way he stepped up his game this year. I still think he has one of the worst handles I've seen for a guard in a while. But if you have the chance to get a top three player you do it, 11 times out of 10.

If the Pelicans were to bite on Horford, Brown and that Sacramento pick, I would pull the trigger in a nanosecond. That probably wouldn't be enough for New Orleans. I might even be willing to throw in Tatum. If he can stay healthy, AD will will be a top ten player by the time his career is over

I love Tatum. And Brown has been really surprising me the way he stepped up his game this year. I still think he has one of the worst handles I've seen for a guard in a while. But if you have the chance to get a top three player you do it, 11 times out of 10.

If the Pelicans were to bite on Horford, Brown and that Sacramento pick, I would pull the trigger in a nanosecond. That probably wouldn't be enough for New Orleans. I might even be willing to throw in Tatum. If he can stay healthy, AD will will be a top ten player by the time his career is over
And you end up with a team no better than the one you started with.

And you end up with a team no better than the one you started with.
You think Anthony Davis, top three player in the league, isn't a massive upgrade over a Brown and Horford combo? Seriously? This team is not winning a title, even when healthy. They need more talent.

I am not trading tatum nor brown.

You think Anthony Davis, top three player in the league, isn't a massive upgrade over a Brown and Horford combo? Seriously? This team is not winning a title, even when healthy. They need more talent.
Y'all go on and on about Davis. Top three, and yet after all these years, he still gets barely a sniff of the playoffs. It wasn't until they unleashed playoff Rondo that the Pelicans even were competitive.

Tatum just turned 20 and he also just did something no Cs rookie has done since Larry Bird. Either or both of these guys could grow into superstars. And this team with Kyrie and Gordon healthy is certainly at least competing for a title.

Plus, if you think you're getting Davis for Brown, Horford and a pick, you're delusional.

As much as I love Brown I would do that trade (Al, Jaylen, '19) for Davis but that is the max I'd give away.

Tatum, Brown, Horford and Sac '19 is a highway robbery for the Pelicans and would simply be a garbage trade. Three All-Stars/Future All-Stars and at least a top 5 pick for one mega star? Screw that.

Brown's handles are improving bit by bit. I don't often think of him as a guard though. It's his listed position but he isn't a ball handler. He's almost as tall as Tatum who can play the 4.

Last edited:
As much as I love Brown I would do that trade for Davis but no more.

Brown's handles are improving bit by bit. I don't often think of him as a guard though. It's his listed position but he isn't a ball handler. He's almost as tall as Tatum who can play the 4.

He's a good defensive player. Hate giving up players with that length. He's only gonna get better. I expect him to be a baller next season.

Brown Tatum heyward kyrie and horford is a championship level starting 5. There are grinders on the bench and this years draft to tweak.
If they are healthy this team should obliterate the east next year and win 60+ games.
Celtics 18-19 if they stay healthy should be bigger favorites to win their conference than the patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
The C’s have a 4% chance of getting the 2-3 pick this year.

Danny go to Ireland and find some lucky shamrocks.

The C’s have a 4% chance of getting the 2-3 pick this year.

Danny go to Ireland and find some lucky shamrocks.
What pick do they have if their ping pong ball doesn’t come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes