PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Celtics / Sixers - Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE this Celtics team so much - such a bunch of warriors. Just imagine how amazing this team could have been at full strength, we would have made the finals with ease. And Ainge still have a couple of high draft picks in the near future to play with.

let's see....Celtics players get SIX fouls and they're out of the game

Joel Embiid gets SIX HUNDRED FOULS IN A GAME and finishes with 2 fouls called against...easy to see where the NBA wnats THIS series going

Not too familiar with NBA, though this roster is definitely keeping me interested - any reason why the Celtics are having better offensive performances against the 76ers? Were the Bucks a defensively stout team?

1. Embid is not as agile as the Greek freak
  2. The team is over the first round jitters
  3. Rozier was insane from 3

I LOVE this Celtics team so much - such a bunch of warriors. Just imagine how amazing this team could have been at full strength, we would have made the finals with ease. And Ainge still have a couple of high draft picks in the near future to play with.

Don't get used to it. Cap realities will probably mean that we never see this team as it was supposed to be, because they'll likely lose at least one important player in the offseason. All because of a freak injury in game one (insert many cuss words here) and a knee that couldn't quite finish the season (double down on the cuss words).

The Sixers don't have any players in their rotation that can stay with Rozier, so if he can make shots he is going to feast. Philly has the two wunderkind offensive players in Simmons and Embiid, Saric is a good offensive player and Redick can shoot, but the only good defensive player is Covington. Tatum and Brown (when/if he returns this series) can both score on any of their other wings. Philly guarded Rozier with Bellinelli at times tonight -- they just are not athletic enough. And of course, Stevens is the goods.

I am looking forward to years of playing the Sixers team in the playoffs.

If we had irving i have no doubts we get to the finals but it likely might be a not so good cavs team in the finals

One of the great things about watching the youth blossom is they're homegrown talent doing it before our very eyes. The Celtics' future is so damn bright and it's not just because of the young stars but also the young depth.

I kept looking for that great 1st round pick of the 76'ers, Markell Fultz, did not see him...

Thought last night was amazing when "Semi" Ojeleye(22 minutes) and Jason Tatum were on the floor at the same time, not sure I remember any two rookies from the Celtics playing at the same time in the playoffs.. Brad Stevens is a very good coach.

I kept looking for that great 1st round pick of the 76'ers, Markell Fultz, did not see him...

Injury led to a lost season. Injury led to lost seasons for Embid and Simmons, too, and they've since shown themselves to be excellent players, so we should keep that in mind.

Have no idea why there has been talk of trading Rozier. This guy is developing before our eyes. Could be the unexpected bonus player that leads to championships.
He could be an important contributor to a 2019 NBA title. But none beyond that realistically.

But he'll probably want to be a starter and get paid starter money. And that won't happen in Boston with Kyrie and Jaylen owning the starting back court.

It's basically a question of trade him while you can get something or use him for an additional season and lose him for nothing after.

Rooting hard for the Celtics in this one. Their series with the Heat left a bad taste in my mouth with that Philly team. It's gonna be tough to win this one, though. I said in the Celtics forum that, for next year, Irving's and Heyward's injuries might be a blessing in disguise for this young group as it's affording their younger players the opportunity to experience growth (and particularly postseason growth) that they otherwise may not have experienced.

Injury led to a lost season. Injury led to lost seasons for Embid and Simmons, too, and they've since shown themselves to be excellent players, so we should keep that in mind.

Note that I'm a Nets fan and not a Celtics fan so all of these players are my gifts. But I'm more concerned about Fultz than guys like Embiid or Simmons. He seems broken in a way that's going to be tough to fix. It's totally inexplicable.

This team is for real.

let's see....Celtics players get SIX fouls and they're out of the game

Joel Embiid gets SIX HUNDRED FOULS IN A GAME and finishes with 2 fouls called against...easy to see where the NBA wnats THIS series going

Get used to it. Embiid gets the superstar treatment. In the last series, he practically had to take out a gun and shoot someone dead in order to get called for a foul. But Whiteside breathes on him the wrong way and the whistle blows.

Don't get used to it. Cap realities will probably mean that we never see this team as it was supposed to be, because they'll likely lose at least one important player in the offseason. All because of a freak injury in game one (insert many cuss words here) and a knee that couldn't quite finish the season (double down on the cuss words).

2018 UFA are Baynes (ouch), Monroe (tough), Larkin (meh). Smart is a RFA (ouch).
2019 UFA are Theis (we'll see next year), Morris (probably meh with return of Hayward taking up the playing time). Rozier (ouch) is RFA.
2020 is when it all starts to fall apart with Horford and Irving as UFA and Hayward having a player option.

Hope Brown's ready for game 2 but don't try and push the injury if he's not ready.

2018 UFA are Baynes (ouch), Monroe (tough), Larkin (meh). Smart is a RFA (ouch).
2019 UFA are Theis (we'll see next year), Morris (probably meh with return of Hayward taking up the playing time). Rozier (ouch) is RFA.
2020 is when it all starts to fall apart with Horford and Irving as UFA and Hayward having a player option.

I would like to see Irving finish his career here but i hope ainge has a plan in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back