PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Celtics / Sixers - Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well skip has the cavs in 5 and sharp in 6 games. Nobody's giving us much of a chance which is good. We might see our guys to go an extra gear to pulled the upset.
I was listening to the radio and Felger mentioned something (yes I know) that really rang true on this particular point.

The national media and basketball analysts, for whatever reason don't understand this team. They just assume that most everybody aside from the two big names (Kyrie/Hayward) are average at best and thus need to be considered a bunch of overachieving roleplayers like last years team that will be destroyed in the ECF.

The truth is that the Celtics are younger, faster and more talented up and down the roster than the vast majority of teams in the league.

Tatum, Brown and Smart are top 10 picks whose progress is accelerated by great coaching. We aren't talking about low ceiling vets like Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley here.

Celtics have a real shot at making it to the Finals and could probably make the Rockets sweat if they matchup.

Most of those teams were significantly better than what he's playing with now. His best offensive help is a broken down Kevin Love (who was always soft) and JR Smith.

Of the 83 games there wasn't a cluster of game in which he scored 40+ and lost.

I was listening to the radio and Felger mentioned something (yes I know) that really rang true on this particular point.

The national media and basketball analysts, for whatever reason don't understand this team. They just assume that most everybody aside from the two big names (Kyrie/Hayward) are average at best and thus need to be considered a bunch of overachieving roleplayers like last years team that will be destroyed in the ECF.

The truth is that the Celtics are younger, faster and more talented up and down the roster than the vast majority of teams in the league.

Tatum, Brown and Smart are top 10 picks whose progress is accelerated by great coaching. We aren't talking about low ceiling vets like Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley here.

Celtics have a real shot at making it to the Finals and could probably make the Rockets sweat if they matchup.
Interesting that in most of the aftermath of the end of the Philly series MOST of the talk still focused on the Sixers and Imede and Simmonds and how they "came close" or were "too young", or some other excuse. Of course, this was in the national media. They always were "polite" when talking about the Celtics, and effusive when talking about Brad Stevens.

But it was NEVER about how good the Celtics players were. It was always about how good the Sixers players were and how well the Celtics player "within their system". The similarities between how the Celtics are being portrayed and how the Pats are ALWAYS portrayed are positively scary.

I'm constantly torn between being pissed and being complimented when they do this. On one hand, I want to scream at the TV and yell, "Tatum and Brown (on a bad wheel) BOTH outplayed Simmons by a huge margin, so stop f*cking talking about Simmons and Embide for a second and focus on the young guys who did better. On the other hand, as a Pats fan, I love how the focus of this team isn't on any one or two individuals, but how the whole team is somehow better than the some of the individual parts, JUST like we like to describe the whole Patriot ethos, right down the next man up attitude, and "the Brad, just puts us in the right position to succeed" comments.

This is going to be a very good team for a relatively long time going forward. I was fine with trading Brown or Tatum and the pick for the likes of Davis or Leonard, but now I'm not so sure (though I would trade the pick and Horford for Davis if we could do it long term).

This is SUCH a good time to be a Boston Sports fan with ALL the teams being legitimate contenders for playoffs and titles this year and going forward down the road.

Interesting that in most of the aftermath of the end of the Philly series MOST of the talk still focused on the Sixers and Imede and Simmonds and how they "came close" or were "too young", or some other excuse. Of course, this was in the national media. They always were "polite" when talking about the Celtics, and effusive when talking about Brad Stevens.

But it was NEVER about how good the Celtics players were. It was always about how good the Sixers players were and how well the Celtics player "within their system". The similarities between how the Celtics are being portrayed and how the Pats are ALWAYS portrayed are positively scary.

I'm constantly torn between being pissed and being complimented when they do this. On one hand, I want to scream at the TV and yell, "Tatum and Brown (on a bad wheel) BOTH outplayed Simmons by a huge margin, so stop f*cking talking about Simmons and Embide for a second and focus on the young guys who did better. On the other hand, as a Pats fan, I love how the focus of this team isn't on any one or two individuals, but how the whole team is somehow better than the some of the individual parts, JUST like we like to describe the whole Patriot ethos, right down the next man up attitude, and "the Brad, just puts us in the right position to succeed" comments.

This is going to be a very good team for a relatively long time going forward. I was fine with trading Brown or Tatum and the pick for the likes of Davis or Leonard, but now I'm not so sure (though I would trade the pick and Horford for Davis if we could do it long term).

This is SUCH a good time to be a Boston Sports fan with ALL the teams being legitimate contenders for playoffs and titles this year and going forward down the road.
To land Anthony Davis, I'd give up Hayward/Rozier/Sac '19. I don't care for acquiring Kawhi Leonard.

I truly believe that Brown will be a better player than Hayward. But this is kind of a moot point since,

1. The Pelicans would want Tatum or Brown, and even then they would try to demand more including Sac '19.

2. The Pelicans aren't trading Anthony Davis.

Horford to neutralize Love.
Semi on LBJ, Morris as other defender.

Play one on one with LeBron, he will get his, shut down the supporting cast for Cle. LBJ great passer don't give the other easy shots.

We are playing with house money enjoy the ride.

Danny being the Shamrocks to the draft lottery #2 or 3 would be good. This is the year for bigs.

JR Smith has no consistency. Half of the time he is a bum out there.

Kevin Love can still put up the big game here and there which really does move the needle for the Cavs. Shutting him down will win the series for the Celtics, whatever Lebron does scoring wise.

If he plays average and the likes of Korver, Smith and co. don't hit their three balls with great success it is Celtics in 6.

the
To land Anthony Davis, I'd give up Hayward/Rozier/Sac '19. I don't care for acquiring Kawhi Leonard.

I truly believe that Brown will be a better player than Hayward. But this is kind of a moot point since,

1. The Pelicans would want Tatum or Brown, and even then they would try to demand more including Sac '19.

2. The Pelicans aren't trading Anthony Davis.

I disagree

Who are the bigs in the final 4?
Love
Horford
Capela
Pachulia

The league has gone away from the franchise 5

Besides, you’d never get him for that anyway

Bagley will be a franchise in the 'new' nba. Would have been a PF in the past.

Bagley will be a franchise in the 'new' nba. Would have been a PF in the past.

I’d like to see someone like Bamba on the C’s.....good athlete to go along with a 7’9” wingspan and a 9’6” standing reach....guy needs to put on some weight though

Pretty much what I expected. Maybe not a 30 point crushing but double digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back