PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Celtics / Sixers - Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on Tatum. My money is a heavy dose of Semi alternating with Morris. Semi has the size/strength (6’7”, 240-245), athletism (40.5 inch vertical) and lateral mobility to possibly give Lebron some problems, certainly moreso than anyone on Toronto. In fact, it is possible that he was drafted with this role in mind. Morris has done well in the past (he has also been dominated by Bron Bron) but his legs are not as young or as fresh as Semi’s. I really hope Brad is able to reign in his hero ball because I’m tired of his contested bricks.

I dread having to watch Lebron’s flops and exaggerations (like checking his balding head for blood for two minutes after getting his scalp grazed by an open hand/palm) and all of the bogus calls that he will get and Tatum won’t.
I agree with all of this ...

Steven A. Schmiff just can't figure it out...I'm loving it. Hope the C's make the Cavs sweat.

outside of lebron, the C's have the upper hand at every other position

the celts need Rozier to abuse Hill, Brown to abuse Korver, and with the way he has been playing, Horford to abuse Love......and whoever LeBron is covering needs to make LeBron work
The fact we're better at every other position other than LeBron is telling. We need to foul, harass, and hustle like a lunatic around LeBron all day and even double or triple team him. The goal, from my perspective, isn't to beat the Cavs when LeBron is on the court. Rather, we need to tire him out physically and emotionally with everything we can, no matter how much it forces us to go deep into the bench to find guys who can foul him. By forcing Lue to rest LeBron more than the average amount through the hack and hustle Lebron 'a thon, we'll have a chance to go on runs when Cleveland's star is catching his breath. If we just play standard safe basketball against LeBron, he'll be like a Tom Brady against us shredding our defense again and again. We have to be aggressive and try out new approaches on defense.

All of that may seem pretty generic as a plan, but basically I'm willing to do whatever possible to take away Cleveland's best player. As would Bill Belichick...

Came across this snippet from the San Francisco Chronicle..

Jaylen Brown, Celtics’ and former Cal swingman, plays the mind game

Before the two teams met in last year’s Eastern Conference finals, Brown wrote and rapped a song called “Building Blocks,” specifically for his own benefit. Before all five games of the series — in which Brown played admirable defense against James — he would listen to his work.

A sampling: “Is you ready. I can feel you breathing heavy, keep it steady. I just gotta pretend that I got it all together when I don’t. Probably wanna throw up, but I won’t. Just breathe.”

The fact we're better at every other position other than LeBron is telling. We need to foul, harass, and hustle like a lunatic around LeBron all day and even double or triple team him. The goal, from my perspective, isn't to beat the Cavs when LeBron is on the court. Rather, we need to tire him out physically and emotionally with everything we can, no matter how much it forces us to go deep into the bench to find guys who can foul him. By forcing Lue to rest LeBron more than the average amount through the hack and hustle Lebron 'a thon, we'll have a chance to go on runs when Cleveland's star is catching his breath. If we just play standard safe basketball against LeBron, he'll be like a Tom Brady against us shredding our defense again and again. We have to be aggressive and try out new approaches on defense.

All of that may seem pretty generic as a plan, but basically I'm willing to do whatever possible to take away Cleveland's best player. As would Bill Belichick...
I say we go medevil on LB.

No layups.

I'm more curious who LBJ will defend and how the Celtics will attack his defensive abilities.

For example will Celtics try 10 successive drives by Brown and Tatum just to tire his 33 year and 132 days ass out.

On the flip side does Cleveland try to keep him fresh by have LBJ cover Smart and Morris?

he's too good on finding the the open guy on the double teams.......what really needs to happen is to shut everyone else down

and you need to run them.........and take advantage of their crappy defense

Just saw CBS Sportsline has 6 of their 7 sportswriters picking the Cavs., for balance the Ringer has a good feature on Jayson Tatum.

he's too good on finding the the open guy on the double teams.......what really needs to happen is to shut everyone else down

and you need to run them.........and take advantage of their crappy defense
Yep. If LeBron is scoring 40-50+, the Celtics are more than likely winning the game.

Well skip has the cavs in 5 and sharp in 6 games. Nobody's giving us much of a chance which is good. We might see our guys to go an extra gear to pulled the upset.

Anything is possible different sport but this Celtics Team reminds me of the 2001 Patriots. Like those Patriots they have a certain Toughness about them.

Well skip has the cavs in 5 and sharp in 6 games. Nobody's giving us much of a chance which is good. We might see our guys to go an extra gear to pulled the upset.

You're gung ho about it now, but the minute the Cavs go up by two in the first quarter, you'll be panicking.

Yep. If LeBron is scoring 40-50+, the Celtics are more than likely winning the game.
In the 83 times LB has scored 40 or more points, the Cavs & Heat are 63-20.

In the 83 times LB has scored 40 or more points, the Cavs & Heat are 63-20.

Most of those teams were significantly better than what he's playing with now. His best offensive help is a broken down Kevin Love (who was always soft) and JR Smith.

Mook's ISOs are definitely feast or famine. When they fall we love him, when he goes cold he is hated. I like the player and think he is a solid defender too. His style doesn't really match with the C's ball movement but he has been a positive contributor all year.

People are overreacting and pretending he is horrible just because he is in a bit of a shooting rut.

I’m glad that they have Morris, he brings an intensity and nastiness that they needed. When he is hot, he can carry them on offense (see late season game at Houston) but when he isn’t he has to settle for open looks, rather than taking low percentage, off balance, contested shots. My impression is that he sees himself as an offensive star and wants to be the limelight at that end of the court when in reality he is just an important role player off of the bench on a contending team.

Most of those teams were significantly better than what he's playing with now. His best offensive help is a broken down Kevin Love (who was always soft) and JR Smith.
JR Smith has no consistency. Half of the time he is a bum out there.

Kevin Love can still put up the big game here and there which really does move the needle for the Cavs. Shutting him down will win the series for the Celtics, whatever Lebron does scoring wise.

If he plays average and the likes of Korver, Smith and co. don't hit their three balls with great success it is Celtics in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back