PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Celtics / Sixers - Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we will see smart on lebron to start the series.

I would put Above Average AL on LBJ with help would also use Marcus Morris this would be a smaller line-up which will probably get killed on the Boards. But that would free up two of the Rozier - Brown and Tatum. Also Ojeleye's Big body would help against LBJ.

I could see Smart getting into Loves head. Seems like hesh vulnerable to that.

I know nothing about basketball though so thatt may not make sense .Would you out him on Lebron?

Smart would get exploited by LBJ in the post Lebron have a excellent post game plus the Refs in his back pocket.:rolleyes: You put an athletic Big Guy on him like Above Average AL or Morris better them in foul trouble than the young guys.

Last edited:
I’d be surprised if Tatum guards LeBron since whoever does will ultimately end up in foul trouble. They’ll need Tatum’s offensive presence and they can’t get that with him on the bench.

LBJ is going to work like hell to stay with these young Pups on D. Rough LBJ up with the Bigs when he's on O and let him have fun chasing those young pups on D. Steven's plan should be wearing LBJ down he has a lot of miles s on those tires plus age and lack of another bonafide star.

Yess Mahkus Smaht;) is incredible defensively and sometimes Offensively. When he's hot he's hot but it sucks when he's not. Going to be interesting to see who they invest in going forward you have to love what Terry Rozier is doing he's a little streaky too but he gets out of his slumps quickly. I know Brad really loves Smart but he's not a Max Contract player and I can't see him taking less $$$ to stay here. I think Rozier is going to get paid but this might be his ceiling I don't see much upside to his game.

he is physically capabale of abusing everyone he will go up against except lebron.....as for the point, the cavs have hill and calderon.......scary terry can abuse both

Well skip has the cavs in 5 and sharp in 6 games. Nobody's giving us much of a chance which is good. We might see our guys to go an extra gear to pulled the upset.

Well skip has the cavs in 5 and sharp in 6 games. Nobody's giving us much of a chance which is good. We might see our guys to go an extra gear to pulled the upset.

Anything's possible, but ask the Bruins about the difficulties in trying to beat both the opposing team and the officials.

Thats the most optimistic thing you have ever posted.

Feels good doesn't it?

LeBron is going to abuse either Tatum or Brown. Take that to the bank. That'll be a lesson in playoff basketball for both guys. And whoever comes out of the East will get systematically destroyed by the West. You'll need scoring to keep up with either of those two squads and neither Cleveland nor Boston (without Kyrie and Hayward) can do that consistently. I think either team will get swept unless the refs decide to extend the series.

Awwww poor little ben couldn't handle the rowdy crowd. Whatever happened to sticks and stones might break my bones but words will never hurt me. What a sissy.
It's to be taken as a compliment. I've seen too many people calling him a 'whiner' for saying that. The goal is for TD Garden to be difficult to play at and he is affirming that it is the case.

So, tell me, do you play basketball?

I'm glad that you asked. :)

I remember my first ever tryout for a basketball team. It was 54 years ago, when I was 14. I never played the game before that day but dominated in other sports so I figured, what the heck, give it a shot. I didn't last too long. If they were calling fouls I would have fouled out in about a minute.

I did eventually learn to play and became decent at it though. I really got to enjoy it and I'd travel around to different local courts as well as neighboring cities and jump into pickup games. I can still remember the warm summer nights and the sweat-cooled feeling as we ran up and down endlessly.

I don't play anymore due to the condition of one of my knees and my advanced age. How about you? Do you play?

Tatum's nowhere near strong enough to defend LeBron for more than an occasional floor trip. Brown, Smart, Morris, Ojuleye and the bigs will probably take turns trying to wear LeBron down.

Holy cow Deus. Are you in the JimK fan club too?

love this Celtics team. It will be even better next year when Hayward takes the bulk of Mook’s minutes.

538 gives them a 40 percent shot.

I'm glad that you asked. :)

I remember my first ever tryout for a basketball team. It was 54 years ago, when I was 14. I never played the game before that day but dominated in other sports so I figured, what the heck, give it a shot. I didn't last too long. If they were calling fouls I would have fouled out in about a minute.

I did eventually learn to play and became decent at it though. I really got to enjoy it and I'd travel around to different local courts as well as neighboring cities and jump into pickup games. I can still remember the warm summer nights and the sweat-cooled feeling as we ran up and down endlessly.

I don't play anymore due to the condition of one of my knees and my advanced age. How about you? Do you play?

I played for a lot of years, but that's in the past, now.

Tatum's nowhere near strong enough to defend LeBron for more than an occasional floor trip. Brown, Smart, Morris, Ojuleye and the bigs will probably take turns trying to wear LeBron down.

Agree on Tatum. My money is a heavy dose of Semi alternating with Morris. Semi has the size/strength (6’7”, 240-245), athletism (40.5 inch vertical) and lateral mobility to possibly give Lebron some problems, certainly moreso than anyone on Toronto. In fact, it is possible that he was drafted with this role in mind. Morris has done well in the past (he has also been dominated by Bron Bron) but his legs are not as young or as fresh as Semi’s. I really hope Brad is able to reign in his hero ball because I’m tired of his contested bricks.

I dread having to watch Lebron’s flops and exaggerations (like checking his balding head for blood for two minutes after getting his scalp grazed by an open hand/palm) and all of the bogus calls that he will get and Tatum won’t.

Agree on Tatum. My money is a heavy dose of Semi alternating with Morris. Semi has the size/strength (6’7”, 240-245), athletism (40.5 inch vertical) and lateral mobility to possibly give Lebron some problems, certainly moreso than anyone on Toronto. In fact, it is possible that he was drafted with this role in mind. Morris has done well in the past (he has also been dominated by Bron Bron) but his legs are not as young or as fresh as Semi’s. I really hope Brad is able to reign in his hero ball because I’m tired of his contested bricks.

I dread having to watch Lebron’s flops and exaggerations (like checking his balding head for blood for two minutes after getting his scalp grazed by an open hand/palm) and all of the bogus calls that he will get and Tatum won’t.
Mook's ISOs are definitely feast or famine. When they fall we love him, when he goes cold he is hated. I like the player and think he is a solid defender too. His style doesn't really match with the C's ball movement but he has been a positive contributor all year.

People are overreacting and pretending he is horrible just because he is in a bit of a shooting rut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back