PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bengals WR Tee Higgins Requests Trade

Bengals should let him go and get his replacement in the draft.
I don't think he's going anywhere, it's all a tactic during negotiations.. he was tagged and they are trying to work out a long-term deal.

He’s got talent but I don’t see him as 1a, and that is how he’s going to get paid.
On this team. He'd be 1A , he, Boyd, and chase are dynamic together. Don't see him being moved..

no one is going to give the Patriots anything for Parker or JJSS

I could see JJSS heading back to KC if he's cut loose though...
Do you think there will be any announcement in the next few weeks about Parker or JJSS. I was hoping there would be an update on JJSS knee issue. If the medical reports are positive then I would keep him for the remaining year.

I know he's good... but there is just something about this guy I do not like...

I especially don't like the idea of having to trade for him...

the request for a trade? just posturing, trying to exert pressure on the bengals in the long term deal negoations, or does he really want out because he will never be the #1 in Cincy... a case of both things being true, i suspect
I'll give the Bengals a 2nd round pick in 2025 (as Higgins was a 2nd rd pick), and a 4th round pick in 2025. As both those picks might be lower than our 2nd and 4th rounders this year. And, we'd have to pay him a hefty sum on top of it. Cincy won't be able to keep him and Chase after this year, and still keep overall talent to help Burrow. I'm not saying that we should get him, but if we did, that's what I'd do. But, there's no way Cincy takes that deal.

if we're going to spend a high amount of draft capital, I'd rather take MHJ #3.

Trading multiple 2's or a 1 AND signing him to a 20+ mil a year contract? no thanks.

if we're going to spend a high amount of draft capital, I'd rather take MHJ #3.

Trading multiple 2's or a 1 AND signing him to a 20+ mil a year contract? no thanks.
Can’t take MHJ unfortunately. Need one of those QBs.

Do you think there will be any announcement in the next few weeks about Parker or JJSS. I was hoping there would be an update on JJSS knee issue. If the medical reports are positive then I would keep him for the remaining year.
I believe the shift has gone to juju on the one being made available.. neither one of them can play a full season, they are just distressed assets, part time, role players at this point. They aren't terrible just not featured WRs in an offense. Parker will be easier to move, juju knee has been an issue since Pitt.

Jeudy was traded. Circumstances may not be completely different.

I believe the shift has gone to juju on the one being made available.. neither one of them can play a full season, they are just distressed assets, part time, role players at this point. They aren't terrible just not featured WRs in an offense. Parker will be easier to move, juju knee has been an issue since Pitt.
I think JJSS offers upside if his leg continues to heal. He's at least shown ability in the past. Plus, he'd cost a lot to move.

Parker, on the other hand, is easier to move and hasn't ever shown much.

He’s got talent but I don’t see him as 1a, and that is how he’s going to get paid.
You can't have it Both ways he'd be #1 here easily.

i think all receivers are in a holding pattern until free agency opens up... then you might hear something

I think JJSS offers upside if his leg continues to heal. He's at least shown ability in the past. Plus, he'd cost a lot to move.

At parkers height he can do what he showed in 2022 against Ravens and Vikings.. juju I think may end up with an injury settlement with organization if he can't heal and has to continue to miss time. I don't think it's a talent issue with juju it's just injury he's not often available. Parker appears to me disinterested at times and doesn't play with alot if give a F.

I'll give the Bengals a 2nd round pick in 2025 (as Higgins was a 2nd rd pick), and a 4th round pick in 2025. As both those picks might be lower than our 2nd and 4th rounders this year. And, we'd have to pay him a hefty sum on top of it. Cincy won't be able to keep him and Chase after this year, and still keep overall talent to help Burrow. I'm not saying that we should get him, but if we did, that's what I'd do. But, there's no way Cincy takes that deal.
I'd give them a kick to the shins... thats about it.

I'd give them a kick to the shins... thats about it.
Cincy has short arms and deep pockets, the owner never saw a penny on the ground he didn't like.

No he doesn't mike we saw a cooked Player last year Juju was Never fast or shifty to begin with.

Jeudy was traded. Circumstances may not be completely different.
Wolf said he wanted to weaponize the offense.. so we'll see right.?

His agent will make leverage. It’s the same agent that led Watson’s exit from Houston, Jessie Bates not signing his franchise tag until late August 2022, Derwin James’ “hold in” until he got paid in 2022, Jalen Ramsey’s “back injury” until he was traded to the Rams in 2019, etc.
If that's your definition of leverage, then it really isn't the flex you think it is. If memory serves, only one of your above examples (Bates) was tagged so really the other 3 comparisons are worthless. And what did Bates do? He signed the tag, showed up, and had a good season.

Higgins is far from the first guy to be franchised and he is far from the first guy to be unhappy about it. If he wants to cut off his nose to spite his wallet, let him. Oh sure, he can skip OTA's and even some of training camp but ultimately he has no real leverage. If Cincy plays hardball, he will sign the tag and show up.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back