PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bengals WR Tee Higgins Requests Trade

Cincy owns him for one more year (by virtue of the tag). I doubt they'd let him go cheap. There's no reason to honor his request, he has no leverage.
His agent will make leverage. It’s the same agent that led Watson’s exit from Houston, Jessie Bates not signing his franchise tag until late August 2022, Derwin James’ “hold in” until he got paid in 2022, Jalen Ramsey’s “back injury” until he was traded to the Rams in 2019, etc.

I like Higgins, but once the cost becomes a top of the market deal AND draft compensation, I think it gets a little too rich. Especially for a team that still needs to find its QB, and still needs to fix the OT position. Imagine giving up 34 and 25 million per year for Higgins, then the QB you draft at 3 is a bust. Higgins is good but he's not the answer for this team in 2024.
Once again, a sensible take my friend. I think he'd be a luxury for this team. He'd be ideal if they were a wild card type of team, but they aren't that. I'd rather they focus on youth at this time. Keep the picks, or even deal back on R1 if they aren't sold on one of the top three at #3. I'm still thinking MHJ at 3 and then Nix later with a FA vet QB.

He’s got talent but I don’t see him as 1a, and that is how he’s going to get paid.
I feel that he has been overshadowed by Chase. You could very well be right, but he could end up breaking out.

I would send a 3rd. I’m sure Cincy would expect a 1st. A 2nd is too rich right now since this WR class is very deep in the 2nd. But I could do a 2nd in 2025.

I like Higgins, but once the cost becomes a top of the market deal AND draft compensation, I think it gets a little too rich. Especially for a team that still needs to find its QB, and still needs to fix the OT position. Imagine giving up 34 and 25 million per year for Higgins, then the QB you draft at 3 is a bust. Higgins is good but he's not the answer for this team in 2024.
If he's a FA next year, and other needs have and are being addressed, get him then. No need to give up a pick or picks for him.

If he's a FA next year, and other needs have and are being addressed, get him then. No need to give up a pick or picks for him.
I don't think he's getting to free agency, one way or another.

He’s just 25. 6’4” 220. I’d send Juju or Parker and a 3rd. Bengals probably won’t go for that.

I don't think he's getting to free agency, one way or another.
You're probably right. I'm not too keen on getting Ridley as an alternative. It's not a good FA WR year. We should try to build through the draft. It'll take a couple or three years, but the best WR's have been taken through the draft, and most after the first round.

You're probably right. I'm not too keen on getting Ridley as an alternative. It's not a good FA WR year. We should try to build through the draft. It'll take a couple or three years, but the best WR's have been taken through the draft, and most after the first round.
Yep, and Wolf and the Packers have had good experience at it.

No one is going to give the Patriots a top flight WR for JJSS and Parker. You won't get some other team to take your junk while they give you their premier player.

I know he's good... but there is just something about this guy I do not like...

I especially don't like the idea of having to trade for him...

the request for a trade? just posturing, trying to exert pressure on the bengals in the long term deal negoations, or does he really want out because he will never be the #1 in Cincy... a case of both things being true, i suspect

Probably not the best allocation of resources, but I'd be down to trade for/extend Higgins and sign Ridley. Those two to go along with Bourne and Douglas I think gives you a 4-deep unit with varying skill sets.

If you could get Higgins for a 3 this year and 2 next year, there's still be enough money to splurge on some other FAs, hopefully a LT. Take a QB at #3 and then maybe a RT at #34 and all of a sudden you could be cooking with gas on offense if the QB is legit.

No one is going to give the Patriots a top flight WR for JJSS and Parker. You won't get some other team to take your junk while they give you their premier player.
no one is going to give the Patriots anything for Parker or JJSS

I could see JJSS heading back to KC if he's cut loose though...

no one is going to give the Patriots anything for Parker or JJSS

I could see JJSS heading back to KC if he's cut loose though...
They are probably worth a 7th. This pie in the sky crap where the Pats give JJSS and Parker for a top end WR is ludicrous.

Here, take our **** that we hate for yours that we've coveted for two years.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I would swing a trade for Higgins if we also resigned Onwenu.

Our receiving group is more than stabilized and we can work on getting someone else through the draft or next draft.

Bring in Brissett, draft one of the top QBs.

They are probably worth a 7th. This pie in the sky crap where the Pats give JJSS and Parker for a top end WR is ludicrous.

Here, take our **** that we hate for yours that we've coveted for two years.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
I assumed they were joking.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back