PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bengals WR Tee Higgins Requests Trade

Two third rd picks realistic or more like 34?

Bengals should let him go and get his replacement in the draft.

Yeah, this is what David Mulugheta does with his clients. They’re going for the biggest payday possible right now, which obviously isn’t going to be as the Bengals’ #2.

Idk if I want to trade 34 for him. Rather just take Ridley for free.

Cincy owns him for one more year (by virtue of the tag). I doubt they'd let him go cheap. There's no reason to honor his request, he has no leverage.

Idk if I want to trade 34 for him. Rather just take Ridley for free.
What if they took Smith S or Devante off our hands + a pick ?

Cincy owns him for one more year (by virtue of the tag). I doubt they'd let him go cheap. There's no reason to honor his request, he has no leverage.
Sometimes disgruntled weirdos cause more harm. Not saying this is a case, but…

I like Higgins, but once the cost becomes a top of the market deal AND draft compensation, I think it gets a little too rich. Especially for a team that still needs to find its QB, and still needs to fix the OT position. Imagine giving up 34 and 25 million per year for Higgins, then the QB you draft at 3 is a bust. Higgins is good but he's not the answer for this team in 2024.

Trade 34 for him and be done with it. He's a #1 on most teams.

Sometimes disgruntled weirdos cause more harm. Not saying this is a case, but…
He doesn't seem to be that type. What it ultimately comes down to is that this will be a contract year for him so it serves his own interest to go out and have a decent season.

If we had a QB we were sure of, I'd make a deal for him. But for now, it makes sense to get the QB and o-line in place and make sure that things are trending up. Add a legit #1 WR in year two or three and hopefully you can make some noise.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back